Maintaining Humanity During Disagreements

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Good God 

Thats exactly what 74,222,958 hard working,patriotic ,honest voters said when Joe Biden miraculously got 81,283,098 votes. They probably said a few other things also. Actually about 40 million democrat voters said the same thing knowing Joe had very  a slim chance of getting 70 million ( legal ) votes. Most of Joe Bidens Campaign Staff said the same thing.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clown 1

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Thats exactly what 74,222,958 hard working,patriotic ,honest voters said when Joe Biden miraculously got 81,283,098 votes. They probably said a few other things also. Actually about 40 million democrat voters said the same thing knowing Joe had very  a slim chance of getting 70 million ( legal ) votes. Most of Joe Bidens Campaign Staff said the same thing.

Good God.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Paul158 said:

The total number of votes did not follow historic patterns... 

We've had high-stakes elections before.

We've had political mobilization before.

So what caused such a high number of votes?

Were there more citizens? [ yes ]

Were there more registered voters? [ yes ]

Did a higher number of registered voters actually vote? [ yes, by ~5% compared to 2016!]

During a pandemic where citizens are told it is unsafe to be around people, more votes than ever before were cast by a wide margin.  

image.png.3736127a5614809c2cca5d891c30aa28.png

Built from https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2022/demo/p20-585.pdf

According to Rasmussen Reports, 49% of voters agree with the statement, "There is no way Joe Biden got 81 million votes in the 2020 election.  Perhaps the most surprising revelation was that those who agreed with the statement included 31% of Democrats and 45% of voters who chose not to identify with any political party, compared to 72% of Republicans.  

It is not surprising that the Rasmussen Reports conducted a survey of 1,051 U.S. Likely Voters on June 25-27, 2023... found that 66% of Likely U.S. Voters are concerned that the outcome of the 2024 presidential election will be affected by cheating.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

The beauty of the conspiracy theory is it lives untethered to reality.  It can go in any direction it needs to for survival.

The beauty of blindness is that you can't actually see what is going on right in front of your face. So the Sergent Schultz excuses doesn't cut it. I see Nothing, i HEAR NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING.

• Fire 2
  • Clown 1

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

The beauty of the conspiracy theory is it lives untethered to reality.  It can go in any direction it needs to for survival.

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

The beauty of blindness is that you can't actually see what is going on right in front of your face. So the Sergent Schultz excuses doesn't cut it. I see Nothing, i HEAR NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING.

Those of us with an open mind waited patiently for the right's army of lawyers and virtually infinite treasury to get evidence in court.  It never happened.  Not one shred of evidence.  It is beyond pathetic to fight this on social media rather than use the legal remedies provided for precisely this purpose.  It is a sad indictment of our society that millions and millions are so gullible and eager to serve the purposes of a single individual.

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Those of us with an open mind waited patiently for the right's army of lawyers and virtually infinite treasury to get evidence in court.  It never happened.  Not one shred of evidence.  It is beyond pathetic to fight this on social media rather than use the legal remedies provided for precisely this purpose.  It is a sad indictment of our society that millions and millions are so gullible and eager to serve the purposes of a single individual.

Willful ignorance and dishonesty are the only reasons possible for this opinion. 

• Fire 2
  • Clown 1

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Thanks for all your contributions you add to this forum. But if you have time can you give a summary of that article. Thanks.

There is a lot in there.  Democrats take credit in their own words.

a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information.”

Republicans call it rigging the election while Democrats call it fortifying the election.

To me, it’s an admission to the strategy behind what we saw with big tech and media controlling information… amongst other questionable activities to help Biden win.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

49 minutes ago, jross said:

a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information.”

Republicans call it rigging the election while Democrats call it fortifying the election.

To me, it’s an admission to the strategy behind what we saw with big tech and media controlling information… amongst other questionable activities to help Biden win.

Thanks . I was reading through it and was surprised ( and overwhelmed) at what elaborate lengths the democratic machine was doing  to essentially to gain  power. Wow!

• Clown 1

13 minutes ago, neutral said:

This is why it is impossible to have a conversation with some on the far right.  Belief in the Big Lie (that the 2020 election was stolen) is a key indicator they cannot be reasoned with.

Haha.

Just reported in quotes what Democrats took credit for.  Read it yourself.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

It is a sad indictment of our society that millions and millions are so gullible and eager to serve the purposes of a single individual.

31% of Democrats  and 45% of independents don't believe Brandon got 81 million citizens validly casting a ballot for him.  Let's do some math: 

• Extrapolating the numbers and assume they are statistically valid and throw some Kentucky windage at this and say 1/3 of the total are Dems, 1/3 Reps, and 1/3 Indys and we have almost 240 million citizens
  • >  24 million Dems (31%) and 36 million Indys (45%) for a total of almost 61 million who do not believe Brandon 81 million American citizens voted for Brandon.
  • ~ 58 million Reps (72%) do not believe Let's Go got 81 million American citizen votes.
  • By your logic, there are more Dem + Indy MAGAs than Rep MAGAs.  Those are some seriously gullible and eager peeps to register as Dem and Indy yet STILL serve said single person's purposes.

Or, you are wrong.  The election had very obvious "irregularities" which will be repeated and all 3 sides (D, R, I) know it.  The MAGA Dems in Bridgeport and Patterson already are experiencing the "most secure elections" in US history and the associated invalidation of those ironclad elections.  Elections just keep getting more securer and honester.  What do 2/3 of the people who actually vote know about anything?  Rubes.

• Fire 2
  • Clown 1

39 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

31% of Democrats  and 45% of independents don't believe Brandon got 81 million citizens validly casting a ballot for him.  Let's do some math: 

• Extrapolating the numbers and assume they are statistically valid and throw some Kentucky windage at this and say 1/3 of the total are Dems, 1/3 Reps, and 1/3 Indys and we have almost 240 million citizens
  • >  24 million Dems (31%) and 36 million Indys (45%) for a total of almost 61 million who do not believe Brandon 81 million American citizens voted for Brandon.
  • ~ 58 million Reps (72%) do not believe Let's Go got 81 million American citizen votes.
  • By your logic, there are more Dem + Indy MAGAs than Rep MAGAs.  Those are some seriously gullible and eager peeps to register as Dem and Indy yet STILL serve said single person's purposes.

Or, you are wrong.  The election had very obvious "irregularities" which will be repeated and all 3 sides (D, R, I) know it.  The MAGA Dems in Bridgeport and Patterson already are experiencing the "most secure elections" in US history and the associated invalidation of those ironclad elections.  Elections just keep getting more securer and honester.  What do 2/3 of the people who actually vote know about anything?  Rubes.

This entire post is a hot mess.  Poorly interpreted bullshit polls of peoples opinions, none of which are even cited.  No facts at all.  Sadly you apparently believe if enough unknown schmucks think something is true, that makes it fact. Almost as unsurprising as it is unreal.

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, jross said:

3 hours ago, jross said:

Haha.

Just reported in quotes what Democrats took credit for.  Read it yourself.

That does not in any way describe a stolen or rigged election.  The only rigged elections in 2020 were the many gerrymandered districts at all levels.

You make it sound like you are quoting an official of the Democratic party which is not the case at all.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

none of which are even cited.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:00 PM, jross said:

Um, these were the citations.  Census.  Rasmussen.  Reading comprehension is a skill.  Usually expected by 5th grade or so.  I guess you can call the census a non-factual collection of unknown schmucks' opinions of their citizenship and voter registration status.  I will grant it validity.  I don't know Rasmussen or his company but I have not heard their polls are any less valid than anyone else's or that they poll schmuckie recluses more than any other polling entity.  Isn't a poll by definition a factual documentation of someone's opinion obtained by asking him or her?  What is your beef with Rasmussen and the census bureau?

As far as the math - 31%, 45%, and 72% in a poll usually do have error bands of +/-. 3% or so.  I took 1/3 swaths of the citizens as D, R, and I which was a reasonable estimate.  Maybe the actuals are 30%, 30%, 40%.  Maybe 29.5%, 38.7%, 31.8%.  By definition, all estimates can be made more precise but not a single bit of more precision will change the conclusion that over 50 million American citizens self-identifying as D or I do not believe that 81 million of their fellow citizens cast legal valid votes for Joe Biden.  And they are not gullible and eager Trumpies. 

The more problematic thing is that 2 of 3 voters are concerned about cheating affecting the 2024 election.  Do you think the number is really 3 of 5?  Or 7 of 10?  If the number is more than 1 of 10 then we have a really big issue with perceived integrity of the election and therefore with the public granting validity to the officials exercising public authority.  This isn't about Trump.  It is much bigger than that.    

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 1
  • Clown 1

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Um, these were the citations.  Census.  Rasmussen.  Reading comprehension is a skill.  Usually expected by 5th grade or so.  I guess you can call the census a non-factual collection of unknown schmucks' opinions of their citizenship and voter registration status.  I will grant it validity.  I don't know Rasmussen or his company but I have not heard their polls are any less valid than anyone else's or that they poll schmuckie recluses more than any other polling entity.  Isn't a poll by definition a factual documentation of someone's opinion obtained by asking him or her?  What is your beef with Rasmussen and the census bureau?

As far as the math - 31%, 45%, and 72% in a poll usually do have error bands of +/-. 3% or so.  I took 1/3 swaths of the citizens as D, R, and I which was a reasonable estimate.  Maybe the actuals are 30%, 30%, 40%.  Maybe 29.5%, 38.7%, 31.8%.  By definition, all estimates can be made more precise but not a single bit of more precision will change the conclusion that over 50 million American citizens self-identifying as D or I do not believe that 81 million of their fellow citizens cast legal valid votes for Joe Biden.  And they are not gullible and eager Trumpies. 

The more problematic thing is that 2 of 3 voters are concerned about cheating affecting the 2024 election.  Do you think the number is really 3 of 5?  Or 7 of 10?  If the number is more than 1 of 10 then we have a really big issue with perceived integrity of the election and therefore with the public granting validity to the officials exercising public authority.  This isn't about Trump.  It is much bigger than that.    

You didn't cite your source or jross. Your omission is not a comprehension issue on my part.

What people think or what percentage of them think it does not make anything true.  It does indicate the level corruption our society suffers from a selfish, baseless and imaginary narrative created by the right.

• Fire 1

On 11/17/2023 at 9:11 PM, Lipdrag said:

I think the Commander in Chief also requested additional security including the National Guard and was turned down.  Citizens roaming about and taking selfies in the capitol on that day happened because the Dems wanted it to happen.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

Prove the claims that you have made! If you can't or won't, you are being dishonest. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, Paul158 said:

Big Lie!

On 11/18/2023 at 11:00 PM, jross said:

The total number of votes did not follow historic patterns... 

We've had high-stakes elections before.

We've had political mobilization before.

So what caused such a high number of votes?

Were there more citizens? [ yes ]

Were there more registered voters? [ yes ]

Did a higher number of registered voters actually vote? [ yes, by ~5% compared to 2016!]

During a pandemic where citizens are told it is unsafe to be around people, more votes than ever before were cast by a wide margin.  

image.png.3736127a5614809c2cca5d891c30aa28.png

Built from https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2022/demo/p20-585.pdf

According to Rasmussen Reports, 49% of voters agree with the statement, "There is no way Joe Biden got 81 million votes in the 2020 election.  Perhaps the most surprising revelation was that those who agreed with the statement included 31% of Democrats and 45% of voters who chose not to identify with any political party, compared to 72% of Republicans.  

It is not surprising that the Rasmussen Reports conducted a survey of 1,051 U.S. Likely Voters on June 25-27, 2023... found that 66% of Likely U.S. Voters are concerned that the outcome of the 2024 presidential election will be affected by cheating.

45's ATTORNEY GENERAL said the election was legit. Square that circle if you can?

• Fire 1