New Rankings Out - Intermat/Flo

nhs67

15 minutes ago, JVStateChamp said:

I agree, my other thought on it was that since the weight cut, he is trying to compete in more open tournaments and possibly just SoCon matches. To limit weigh-ins but still get the amount of matches needed. I guess thats the beauty of the second week of the season, most of this is speculation and we get to discuss until it plays out. 

Possibly.  Nothing wrong with a little speculation, that’s what message boards are for.   Maybe he’s redshirting because he got a sweet NIL offer after winning the Clarion Open? 🙂

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Possibly.  Nothing wrong with a little speculation, that’s what message boards are for.   Maybe he’s redshirting because he got a sweet NIL offer after winning the Clarion Open? 🙂

He will be wrestling. No red shirt. Brayden and the coaches wanted to see how his body responded at the lighter weight before making any decisions about what to do this season. Brayden will be in the lineup the next time they wrestle on December 2nd.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, MrPotatoHead said:

He will be wrestling. No red shirt. Brayden and the coaches wanted to see how his body responded at the lighter weight before making any decisions about what to do this season. Brayden will be in the lineup the next time they wrestle on December 2nd.

For real?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He was the #3 because he lost to Marcus Coleman.  Hidlay and Keckheisen did not have similar losses.  For some reason, people forget this.

Last years results are taken to account, just not officially.  The coaches ranking takes last years results into account, for instance.  That's why Ramos was #1.

Didn't matter in the end.  Everyone knew Brooks was the clear #1.  I only feel for the guys that get ranked between 5-12 because where they get seeded can play a huge factor on whether or not they make the podium 

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, MrPotatoHead said:

100% for real. Brayden confirmed it last night on a Tennessee wrestling podcast. He talks about wrestling this year at right around the 50 minute mark.

Damn it!

I was legitimately like... why the hell are they talking about Matt Ramos?

Then it clicked.

Brayden.  Not Braeden.

I crossed threads.  I thought you were talking Braeden Davis not Brayden Palmer.  I had no doubts that Palmer would be going.

• Fire 1

A few things I find interesting about every single ranking outlet is the following, in regards to 184...

Flo, TOM, Intermat, and College Wrestling Report all have it as:
1 - Keckeisen, UNI
2 - Truax, PSU
3 - Munoz, OSUW
4 - Plott, OSU
5 - Feldkamp, ISU
6 - Salazar, MIN

It seems, to me, that the gents coming in to the weight are getting the benefit of the doubt with the humans.  I say that because Wrestlestat's Ratings have it as:
1 - Keckeisen, UNI - 1628.32
2 - Munoz, OSUW - 1567.41
3 - Truax, PSU - 1550.65
4 - Feldkamp, ISU - 1526.15
5 - Plott, OSU - 1517.18
6 - Salazar, MIN - 1508.77

I would likely also do the same, myself.  I am curious why every human ranking format does as well.  Plott didn't exactly blow 174 out of the water last year and 10/18 of Truax's victories last year were a one takedown match - so he wasn't exactly blowing the rooftop off the barn either.  Plott took a lot of wide-score losses last season and Truax's got decked the last time he wrestled Munoz.

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And again this week, but I have to assume it wasn't forgetting at this point...

(at minimum he majored #24...)

I don't believe UTC has made a decision yet if he will RS or wrestle. He was unattached at Clarion and didn't wrestle in either dual so far. With 125 being so wide open I can't imagine they RS him

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

And again this week, but I have to assume it wasn't forgetting at this point...

(at minimum he majored #24...)

Earl talks to all the coaches about the status of their wrestlers. i would imagine that to be the case with Palmer and what Corby said above. 

TBD

2 hours ago, Corby said:

I don't believe UTC has made a decision yet if he will RS or wrestle. He was unattached at Clarion and didn't wrestle in either dual so far. With 125 being so wide open I can't imagine they RS him

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

Earl talks to all the coaches about the status of their wrestlers. i would imagine that to be the case with Palmer and what Corby said above. 

He will be in the lineup the next time UTC wrestles against Kent State and Buffalo on 12/2. No plans to redshirt now that they know his body felt good down at 125.

I am curious how Jacori Teemer can be ranked ahead of Will Lewan in any rankings at all.

His last completed match was a loss to him.  Lewan has since proven to be an all-american whereas Teemer's last actual match he ended up defaulting out of - which counts as a loss now right?

I am curious how Jacori Teemer can be ranked ahead of Will Lewan in any rankings at all.
His last completed match was a loss to him.  Lewan has since proven to be an all-american whereas Teemer's last actual match he ended up defaulting out of - which counts as a loss now right?

Injury defaulting was always a loss, how rankings outlets treated it is another discussion entirely.

Insert catchy tagline here. 

12 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Injury defaulting was always a loss, how rankings outlets treated it is another discussion entirely.

I am curious how.

I know on Flo in the past they have talked about wins holding more weight than losses.

I get that, okay.

Teemer legitimately has zero wins since his loss to Lewan two NCAAs ago.

Lewan has many wins since then.  It is almost as if Andonian, Scott, and Lewan were penalized for trading wins and losses last year, despite beating most everyone else too.  I know Scott lost to Blaze this year, but even before then Teemer was ranked higher.

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Seems like a good question…. Where does Flo have Teemer?

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Seems like a good question…. Where does Flo have Teemer?

Flo and Intermat have it...

1 - Haines

2 - Franek

3 - Robb

4 - Teemer

The Open Mat has it...

1 - Haines

2 - Franek

3 - Robb

4 - Mauller

5 - Andonian

6 - Teemer

The Wrestling Report has it...

1 - Haines

2 - Franek

3 - Robb

4 - Andonian

5 - Lewan

6 - Mauller

7 - Teemer

While I don't think Teemer should be above Andonian or Lewan, I also don't see why Mauller is above Teemer either.  He went 4-2 at 157lbs the same season Teemer took 6th.  What has he done at 157 to be ranked above the aforementioned gents?

Rankings don't matter, but here is what I would have... 

1 - Haines

2 - Franek

3 - Robb

4 - Andonian

5 - Lewan

6 - Teemer

7 - Mauller