MTG

WrestlingRasta

Just now, Husker_Du said:

it's a funny clip.

i wouldn't expect you to 'get it'.

If it's from Semi-Pro, yes,  I would have seen it,  but years ago,  when it came out. 

Strangely enough,  I "got" the entire movie,  but,  I's ain't as sharp as you,  so it'll likely ecscape me.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

58 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I don't know who these people are.  So,  therefore,  why should I immediately assume that because someone is a wrestling fan that they are male? Women also have interest in wrestling.

So,  why immediately call someone "sir" and immediately assume that they are male? I take the opposite,  non-assumptive stance that the individual could also be female. 

Given my advancement of women's rights most of my life, it's my nod to females.  Girl power!

My favorite author, Matt Levine, uses that technique all the time in his writing. He writes about financial topics, an industry dominated by men. It is his way of saying women are capable of anything in the financial field men are, and I enjoy the technique.

But here is the thing, you only use it to refer to those you are putting down. You never use the technique otherwise. It makes it impossible not to notice the correlation between calling someone ma'am and putting them down. The correlation between negativity and your use of a female title is perfect, I think. That is why it has the opposite effect of the one you claim.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

22 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Haha.  Not haha as in you’re funny, more like haha as in you are a joke. 

Yeah,  right.  You got it,  Adolf.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

My favorite author, Matt Levine, uses that technique all the time in his writing. He writes about financial topics, an industry dominated by men. It is his way of saying women are capable of anything in the financial field men are, and I enjoy the technique.

But here is the thing, you only use it to refer to those you are putting down. You never use the technique otherwise. It makes it impossible not to notice the correlation between calling someone ma'am and putting them down. The correlation between negativity and your use of a female title is perfect, I think. That is why it has the opposite effect of the one you claim.

I appreciate what you say,  but,  no. 

Either way,  anyone comfortable in who they are should never be triggered when referred to as the opposite sex, mistakenly or deliberately.   

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

did you call him Adolf like an opposite? 

as in you really think he's Gandhi? 

As Leon Russell and Hank Williams III say,  "if the shoe fits,  wear it. " 😉

17 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I believe in the “you get what you earn” philosophy in life. 
If you want to lecture, maybe sign up as a guest speaker for one of your boy’s ‘classes’.  

Yes, yes, we all know that philosophy.

But the point here is that you posted a comment about a video with only vague reference to what it was. Weak on your part.

Then acted like a jerk when others found your reference wasn't necessarily easy to find. Even weaker on your part.

Tried to make it into something else... but it just wasn't.

As to your comment on "lecture" - not even worth responding to.

I often like your posts, but some like these are disappointing.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Yes, yes, we all know that philosophy.

But the point here is that you posted a comment about a video with only vague reference to what it was. Weak on your part.

Then acted like a jerk when others found your reference wasn't necessarily easy to find. Even weaker on your part.

Tried to make it into something else... but it just wasn't.

As to your comment on "lecture" - not even worth responding to.

I often like your posts, but some like these are disappointing.

Thanks for the feedback. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

She said the really obvious part after the vote: “our conference is broken, because republicans worked with democrats, and here we are”

MAGA has zero interest, zero, in working with fellow Americans for the sake of America  

I hope this is the end of them and someone can save the Republican Party. It’s not too late. 

• Fire 1

Getting back to the attempts at playing "gotcha," I'm not going to address the biological (sex) vs. social and cultural (gendet) differentiation.  For one,  all of you should already know this,  or at least be able to recognize that,  yes,  we ARE INDEED a biological sex,  but that gender is a product of our social and cultural environments. 

Read for yisselfs how the two concepts differ and ARE NOT the same.

After doing that,  it should be all cleared up,  but,  if not,  I'll happily answer questions that aren't ignorant,  nor trying to play some stupid-assed " gotcha" game. 

7 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

She said the really obvious part after the vote: “our conference is broken, because republicans worked with democrats, and here we are”

MAGA has zero interest, zero, in working with fellow Americans for the sake of America  

I hope this is the end of them and someone can save the Republican Party. It’s not too late. 

it's so ridiculous. the dems do everything to flounder their favor away and instead of REPs not seizing the moment, they say 'hold my beer'

TBD

8 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it's so ridiculous. the dems do everything to flounder their favor away and instead of REPs not seizing the moment, they say 'hold my beer'

Maybe the way up is not making it all about R vs D, anything everything no matter what. 

I mean, if nothing else, it’s obvious that way isn’t working.  

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

This isn’t about R vs D, it’s about big government, omnibus bill, no accountability spending vs appropriations bills with representatives votes on record.  The swamp snakes prefer to vote behind closed doors. 

It’s always about RvD (as of late at least, and especially with 👆 that guy). Those are all just flash words to keep us in a frenzy, give us things to disagree on and fight about.  The vast majority of those issues, the majority of people don’t give a second thought, if it’s not blasted in their face telling them too. 

• Fire 1