Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Most all of the Middle East wants Israel gone from the planet and aren’t shy about saying it.  Hamas is a terrorist organization.  How hard is that for you to understand?  

Seemingly as difficult as it is for you to answer a question honestly. 

I'll guess as to why. Because it serves to prove the point that your myopic opinion does not hold up when explored even a little bit. You are comfortable and thus unwilling to learn more about a very complicated issue. Seems a lot like every religion that I've ever heard of.  

Just now, ThreePointTakedown said:

Seemingly as difficult as it is for you to answer a question honestly. 

I'll guess as to why. Because it serves to prove the point that your myopic opinion does not hold up when explored even a little bit. You are comfortable and thus unwilling to learn more about a very complicated issue. Seems a lot like every religion that I've ever heard of.  

Well that’s a crock of bullshit because religion has nothing to do with my views on this matter.  Zip, zero, nada.  I guess I thought you were smart enough by my previous comments to figure that out.  Sorry for giving you too much credit.  I’ll be better going forward. 

33 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Great, taking away the history or identity of a culture. If a group suffered persecution in the past does it give them a free pass to persecute another group? 

Keeping in mind we are no longer talking about the Jewish people. 

You call having rockets rained on you daily not current persecution?   Rockets have been flying out of Gaza for years on a daily basis.   And do you call the Oct 7 surprise massacre just venting of frustrations or would you call that further persecution.    Truth be told, Israel never takes war like stances until they have had enough of the violence thrust at them.   They have been patient long enough with all this.   I don't wish for more civilian casualties, but I also don't wish for Israel to stop hunting Hamas terrorists. 

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/08/1229749527/in-gaza-anger-grows-at-hamas

Hamas has not tolerated dissent among Gazans in the 17 years it has ruled the tiny territory, choked by an Israeli-led blockade. But dissent against the Islamist militant group is now widespread and out in the open, voiced alongside Gazans' fury with Israel.

Hamas' surprise Oct. 7 assault on southern Israel was the deadliest attack in Israeli history, killing 1,200 people, according to Israeli officials. It prompted Israel's deadliest war on Palestinians, killing more than 27,000 people in Gaza, according to Gaza health officials. Entire areas of Gaza have been reduced to wastelands. Most of the population has fled their homes, many living in flimsy tents in the rainy winter.

Hamas still has supporters in Gaza. A recent poll found 57% of Gazans support Hamas' decision to attack on Oct. 7. Most of the Palestinians surveyed said they had not seen the videos of Hamas' attacks on Israelis that day and didn't think Hamas committed atrocities.

But even supporters of Hamas launching the attack say the group misjudged the consequences.

The part bolded is funny to me.   In Seattle this is the case for the homeless drug addicts.   Any attempt to get them into shelters is fought tooth and nail.   We can't deprive them of their rights by getting them shelter.   If it is good enough for our people, why is it not good enough for them.   Just a disconnect in how we view our homeless vs other people.  

57% of Gazans support Hamas, but many are frustrated with them, apparently 43% of them.   That's a pretty big dissaffection number.   Hopefully they will choose their leaders more wisely when they get the chance to do so.    Probably not though as 57% support Hamas after the Oct 7 massacre.  

mspart

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Great, taking away the history or identity of a culture. If a group suffered persecution in the past does it give them a free pass to persecute another group? 

Keeping in mind we are no longer talking about the Jewish people. 

in the past?

are you a full scale moron? 

is October 7th the past? 

im legit considering banning you because you're such an idiot and make the boards insufferable. 

• Fire 2

TBD

18 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Well that’s a crock of bullshit because religion has nothing to do with my views on this matter.  Zip, zero, nada.  I guess I thought you were smart enough by my previous comments to figure that out.  Sorry for giving you too much credit.  I’ll be better going forward. 

And you would know where I was trying to take a conversation in order to prove a point, because?

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Well, he does like the 3 point takedown, what do you expect!! 

mspart

Ya but he wants it just for his oppressed team. The other teams only get two point just so things are fair.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

You call having rockets rained on you daily not current persecution?   Rockets have been flying out of Gaza for years on a daily basis.   And do you call the Oct 7 surprise massacre just venting of frustrations or would you call that further persecution.    Truth be told, Israel never takes war like stances until they have had enough of the violence thrust at them.   They have been patient long enough with all this.   I don't wish for more civilian casualties, but I also don't wish for Israel to stop hunting Hamas terrorists. 

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/08/1229749527/in-gaza-anger-grows-at-hamas

Hamas has not tolerated dissent among Gazans in the 17 years it has ruled the tiny territory, choked by an Israeli-led blockade. But dissent against the Islamist militant group is now widespread and out in the open, voiced alongside Gazans' fury with Israel.

Hamas' surprise Oct. 7 assault on southern Israel was the deadliest attack in Israeli history, killing 1,200 people, according to Israeli officials. It prompted Israel's deadliest war on Palestinians, killing more than 27,000 people in Gaza, according to Gaza health officials. Entire areas of Gaza have been reduced to wastelands. Most of the population has fled their homes, many living in flimsy tents in the rainy winter.

Hamas still has supporters in Gaza. A recent poll found 57% of Gazans support Hamas' decision to attack on Oct. 7. Most of the Palestinians surveyed said they had not seen the videos of Hamas' attacks on Israelis that day and didn't think Hamas committed atrocities.

But even supporters of Hamas launching the attack say the group misjudged the consequences.

The part bolded is funny to me.   In Seattle this is the case for the homeless drug addicts.   Any attempt to get them into shelters is fought tooth and nail.   We can't deprive them of their rights by getting them shelter.   If it is good enough for our people, why is it not good enough for them.   Just a disconnect in how we view our homeless vs other people.  

57% of Gazans support Hamas, but many are frustrated with them, apparently 43% of them.   That's a pretty big dissaffection number.   Hopefully they will choose their leaders more wisely when they get the chance to do so.    Probably not though as 57% support Hamas after the Oct 7 massacre.  

mspart

Those stats sound like J6 supporters. Should they all rounded up, tried, and put in jail? Nope. 

We and a bunch of other countries painted Israel into a corner in 1948. A bunch of racists carved out some land to help settle a group of people that, at the time, needed a home of their own. Stealing it from other people wasn't the best idea. But they didn't really care at the time. Again, racists. Violence begets violence. And it seems that that is the only tool they have had or used in the history of Israel. 

If Israel dissolved as a country proper and the people in the surrounding area could coalesce and just live. It could solve a bunch of problems. Anti Israel people are happy cuz its gone. People of Israel no longer have threat of war to destroy their country. They still have a place to live. Albeit a much more diverse and possibly peaceful place. All this with the caveat that people could actually get over their pride and ego and work together. 

The only problem is with the fire and brimstone people that need the world to end in a place called Israel. 

2 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Those stats sound like J6 supporters. Should they all rounded up, tried, and put in jail? Nope. 

We and a bunch of other countries painted Israel into a corner in 1948. A bunch of racists carved out some land to help settle a group of people that, at the time, needed a home of their own. Stealing it from other people wasn't the best idea. But they didn't really care at the time. Again, racists. Violence begets violence. And it seems that that is the only tool they have had or used in the history of Israel. 

If Israel dissolved as a country proper and the people in the surrounding area could coalesce and just live. It could solve a bunch of problems. Anti Israel people are happy cuz its gone. People of Israel no longer have threat of war to destroy their country. They still have a place to live. Albeit a much more diverse and possibly peaceful place. All this with the caveat that people could actually get over their pride and ego and work together. 

The only problem is with the fire and brimstone people that need the world to end in a place called Israel. 

And that excuses the massacre of Oct 7?   Not hardly.   Not even Bill Maher buys that. 

mspart

Edited by mspart

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The jihadists don’t give two shits about peace and coexistence.  They want total eradication of the Jewish people.  

Seems that no one wanted to admit that Israel does, in fact, oppress Gaza, in one form or another. They do. They have for years. It sucks. Sorry. Its true. Do they deserve rockets fired at them for it? Probably not or maybe they do. Considering how many people they have indiscriminately killed recently. 27000+ casualties in Gaza vs. 1200 on 10/7, plus 85 reporters and counting(not saying they were all killed by Israeli forces, any more than zero is too many) killed. Seems a bit lopsided. 

Sorry you can't hold two ideas in your head at the same time. 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Seems that no one wanted to admit that Israel does, in fact, oppress Gaza, in one form or another. They do. They have for years. It sucks. Sorry. Its true. Do they deserve rockets fired at them for it? Probably not or maybe they do. Considering how many people they have indiscriminately killed recently. 27000+ casualties in Gaza vs. 1200 on 10/7, plus 85 reporters and counting(not saying they were all killed by Israeli forces, any more than zero is too many) killed. Seems a bit lopsided. 

Pot/kettle.  

5 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

ThreePoint, read this and defend it.   The people of Gaza voted hamas into power and now are unable to vote them out.  

You are dishonest. I will not read anything you want me to read until you answer questions honestly. Hint: y/n questions can be answer with either of those words. 

THPBPBPBPBPB

You are dishonest. I will not read anything you want me to read until you answer questions honestly. Hint: y/n questions can be answer with either of those words. 

THPBPBPBPBPB

Bahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha. Go back to pouting about being wrong and hiding. It suits you better.  On here you just continue to embarrass yourself. 

I'd ask you to explain that because I CAN hold two opposing ideas at the same time. But you're probably confused already. 

Yep your two thoughts at once.  Israel bad and Terrorists good. 

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

And the reason for that is the constant rockets being fired at Israel from Gaza.   Gaza is given lots of money, why are the people in famine there?   Because Hamas does not spend on the people, they spend on munitions and tunnels etc.   It could have been beautiful but for the thievery of Hamas towards their own people.   A peaceful Gaza brings no Israeli aggression.  

mspart

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

THPBPBPBPBPB

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/world/middleeast/oct-7-attacks-hamas-israel-sexual-violence.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2o7b_IyfhAMVkpR_BB0hwQErEAEYASAAEgJFfvD_BwE

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Gaza is reliant on Israel for water because Hamas chooses to spend the money they receive on weapons instead of infrastructure for its own people.   Hamas is a terrorist group and doesn’t care about Gazans