2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

Greco tournament has been just as nuts as the free. The finals at 97 and 130 just completely bonkers. I feel bad for the people that don’t see Greco for the beauty that it is. You don’t know what you’re missin. 

I usually count myself among those people, but todays semis and medal matches were really fun to watch.
  • Fire 2

I personally hold off on ‘how much they’ve fallen off’. From the standpoint of being able to compete at the highest level, the deck has really been stacked against the individual athletes for a couple years now. And I’m not sure that will be remedied by Paris. But whenever it is the big question marks are lifted and the athletes are able to compete on a regular basis under regular circumstances….they will be right there. 

45 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I personally hold off on ‘how much they’ve fallen off’. From the standpoint of being able to compete at the highest level, the deck has really been stacked against the individual athletes for a couple years now. And I’m not sure that will be remedied by Paris. But whenever it is the big question marks are lifted and the athletes are able to compete on a regular basis under regular circumstances….they will be right there. 

You would hope, but this is precipitous.  Worse than Freestyle. Also, other nations look to have improved.

Losing a few years of their athletic primes won't help either.  Covid and now this.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

Repechage matches are to begin in less than 5 mins.

Xavier Johnson is the last American wrestling @ 63Kg for a chance at the bronze.

He'll be going up against Hryacha Poghosyan of Armenia, third bout in on Mat C

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.