Anybody not watching worlds this year?

peanut

13 hours ago, jross said:

Either you do not know the definition of war crimes or you do not know USA history.  

You don't know what a 'homer' is. And that's disappointing.

Homers don't post negative messages about their teams... it's the most basic principle behind being a homer.

C'mon man. How out of touch are you with American culture? Are you even from the USA? I doubt it.

18 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Thank you, jross. I had almost given up hope on this thread. The level of brainwashing in the US is unbelievable. And the GreatWhiteNorth, who insists on "My country, right or wrong. I'm a homer, even when my country commits war crimes and breaks American laws. So there. And if you believe the USA commits war crimes, you're not a homer." Ridiculous.

Those who love America will hold it to high standards and be the first to stand in protest when it violates American and international law. 

These days in the US everyone admits that the Iraq War was a horrible mistake, and there obviously weren't any WMDs.

The US, in its shock and awe campaign, deliberately targeted water and sewerage systems with the objective of spreading as much disease among the Iraqi people as possible. They were very successful. 

"We have heard that a half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima! Is the price worth it?" Madeline Albright and one sick variety of homers everywhere: "I think this is a very hard choice. But we think that the price is worth it." 

Your post was a bunch of word soup mixed together into a pile of BS. And yet another conspiracy theory.

Madeline Albright was quite an impressive woman. She was very good. Your quote from her was out of context... and from 1996.

GWN, you're exhausting (and not close to as intelligent as you think you are). you consistently go way off script. 

the analogy is this:

if they world determined the US was in the wrong for Iraq, would you support non-military americans being banned from world sports? Chinese b/c of Uyghers? etc etc. 

stick to the topic or just stfu. half your posts are tangential bs. 

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

11 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

GWN, you're exhausting (and not close to as intelligent as you think you are). you consistently go way off script. 

the analogy is this:

if they world determined the US was in the wrong for Iraq, would you support non-military americans being banned from world sports? Chinese b/c of Uyghers? etc etc. 

stick to the topic or just stfu. half your posts are tangential bs. 

Your post is DAF. (Which isn't anything new.)

"if they world determined the US was in the wrong for Iraq" - I don't particularly care what "they world" determined. They are wrong and can kiss my ass.

The US was not wrong.

When did you choose to join the other side?

this is very clearly trying to be the arbiter of all things without the effort or intelligence or produce an argument

"I don't particularly care what they would determined. They are wrong and can kiss my ass.

The US was not wrong."

totally useless and vapid response. 

Snow removal businesses are very real.

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

this is very clearly trying to be the arbiter of all things without the effort or intelligence or produce an argument

"I don't particularly care what they would determined. They are wrong and can kiss my ass.

The US was not wrong."

totally useless and vapid response. 

You're exhausting, but OK. First of all, your post was ridiculous.

To somehow think that (your post) if "the world determined the US was in the wrong..." could even remotely happen is lunacy. Given our lack of any real global unity, and witnessing things like Russia's horrible and indefensible criminal attack on Ukraine, China's horrendous treatment of Uyghers, (as you say), etc. etc. Without any clear globally respected judgement available, there simply is no 'world' group that could determine if the US was in the right or wrong. It's just hypothetical nonsense.

Given that - any such claimed determination would have no merit and be no better than my own determination.

Thus, I'm posting my determination that the US was not wrong, and anyone who says otherwise can kiss my ass.

Not trying to be the arbiter of all things, more interested in putting things in perspective.

(Oh - and also was going to reference it for that dumb ass jross so it knows what a US 'homer' actually looks like.)