Twitter is better

jross

On 8/18/2023 at 12:52 PM, Ban Basketball said:

Unfortunately, and, as you likely know, by the 30 percenters he was lumped in with Fauci, in terms of his knowledge of epidemiology and virus spreading.  

Fauci and Osterholm were not a small part of what got us through the pandemic. They were instrumental.

Weirdo groups will be weirdos. It's what they do.

Doesn't change anything in the real world. We should all check Osterholm if we have any questions. No better source.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Not a small part of what got us into the pandemic as well. 

That's a new one on me.  Who told you that?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Some info that has come up in last couple/few months.  Should look into it....

If I'm following closely,  two of the most highly regarded epidemiologist and infectious disease physicians in the world got us into COVID? Is that what I'm reading?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

10 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

If I'm following closely,  two of the most highly regarded epidemiologist and infectious disease physicians in the world got us into COVID? Is that what I'm reading?

It’s looking more and more that way, and tried to hide it to boot. I didn’t want to believe it for awhile. But there comes a point…

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It’s looking more and more that way, and tried to hide it to boot. I didn’t want to believe it for awhile. But there comes a point…

I don't think so...I don't think so. 

I grew up in Med City USA (Rochester, MN) and still have endless friends and family who work there,  including some who are physicians.  If the Clinic, as we call it in Rochester,  is collaborating what these two folks have been saying,  I'm going to believe the professionals. 

Sorry,  but growing up in Med City USA learns ya different than other places when it comes to medical expertise. 

28 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I grew up in Med City USA (Rochester, MN) and still have endless friends and family who work there,  including some who are physicians.  If the Clinic, as we call it in Rochester,  is collaborating what these two folks have been saying,  I'm going to believe the professionals. 

Sorry,  but growing up in Med City USA learns ya different than other places when it comes to medical expertise. 

LOL...do you actually believe some of the ridiculous stuff you post??

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

I’m not sure what that has to do with anything. I mean, I’m in south Florida and don’t know shit about golf or fishing, so….

But I’m not trying to convince anyone. Just sharing an opinion. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...do you actually believe some of the ridiculous stuff you post??

It's ridiculous to not follow Mayo Clinic physicans' advice,  particularly when I have zero medical training?!

WOWZA!

47 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I’m not sure what that has to do with anything. I mean, I’m in south Florida and don’t know shit about golf or fishing, so….

But I’m not trying to convince anyone. Just sharing an opinion. 

It has to do with the fact that individuals with zero medical training think they know more than noted epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. 

No one has been misled by the medical community. 

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

It has to do with the fact that individuals with zero medical training think they know more than noted epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. 

No one has been misled by the medical community. 

Has less to do with level of medical training, and more to do with the ability to read documents. Neither of which has anything to do with where one lives/lived. 

• Fire 2

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Has less to do with level of medical training, and more to do with the ability to read documents. Neither of which has anything to do with where one lives/lived. 

Agreed!  And to the level of using what one reads to make decisions for themselves.  I always felt that it doesn't take anything away from a doctor, or "expert" if you take your own health decisions into your own hands.  My long-time doctor LOVED it when her patients did that as she always said patients should have a huge say in their health and treatments. 

People also forget that a lot of these "experts" in regard to Covid were providing their RECOMMENDATIONS based on the most conservative approach possible (didn't look at things from all aspects of society), it was the politicians (who are NOT doctors or experts) who set the mandates and shutdowns.  And most of those mandates were completely illogical, did nothing, didn't take the "science"/data into consideration, and took so many opportunities away from people.  Effects that we still feel today.

• Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

it was the politicians (who are NOT doctors or experts) who set the mandates and shutdowns.  And most of those mandates were completely illogical, did nothing, didn't take the "science"/data into consideration, and took so many opportunities away from people.  Effects that we still feel today.

Baloney. The best medical personnel in the land,  including the Mayo Clinic as an organization,  recommended preventative measures, quarantines, and lockdowns. 

The Mayo Clinic still stands behind all of that and just a couple of months ago lifted their mask mandate policy. 

None of us are medical professionals and look like nimrods when we try to play one in the classroom or on the internet. 

Fantasy is reality,  and reality is fantasy. 

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Baloney. The best medical personnel in the land,  including the Mayo Clinic as an organization,  recommended preventative measures, quarantines, and lockdowns. 

The Mayo Clinic still stands behind all of that and just a couple of months ago lifted their mask mandate policy. 

None of us are medical professionals and look like nimrods when we try to play one in the classroom or on the internet. 

Fantasy is reality,  and reality is fantasy. 

Internet gold coming from you!

By the way, why do you refer to people on here...who are clearly males, as females??  Or use female pronouns?  Is that meant as an insult them in some way?  Or is it just you being a hypocrite once again, and going against the inclusive little woke progressive you claim to be??

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

By the way, why do you refer to people on here...who are clearly males, as females??  Or use female pronouns?  Is that meant as an insult them in some way?  Or is it just you being a hypocrite once again, and going against the inclusive little woke progressive you claim to be??

Do I know they are males? I don't; they very well could be females 

Perfect example of how our society is male dominated and that we assume sports fans to be males. 

Right,  ma'am?

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

That's juuuuuust a bit over the line.

Many of us know posters here who are women, but who don't openly share that information. Makes sense to me. 

I have no problem with anonymous posters remaining anonymous - including not sharing their gender.

But it isn't quite fair to call others out for not "knowing" another poster's gender. 

And if you want to start with the "you should use the recommended pronouns", don't look now - but you're starting to sound like a progressive liberal. Pretty "woke" of you.