Twitter is better

jross

On 2/9/2023 at 12:30 AM, El Luchador said:

I personally have no familiarity with Twitter,  but I'm pretty sure that's a violation of policy.  Not even close to trying to silence your opposition like we now know was common practice.  Asking for entire content be removed from all users such as vaccine discussion was clearly Government censorship. Not the same as flagging content that violates policy. 

Dat censorship

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-white-house-pressure-disney-censor-jimmy-kimmel-1234686853/

2 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Or the fact that 50% of what they paid for for years was to reach bot accounts. 

https://www.investopedia.com/twitter-advertisers-6835691

“We’ve done our absolute best to appease them, and nothing is working,” Musk said at an investment conference in New York last month.

That doesn't sound like advertiser dissatisfaction with their reach or bots.

When threats haven't worked, Musk has begun to try and win back advertisers with incentives. Twitter is offering generous deals for advertisers that reach certain spending limits. Some brands are being allowed to commit to just large events, such as the Super Bowl, with heavy discounts or clauses allowing them to back out.

Hmmm....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2022/11/28/twitter-loses-advertisers-after-elon-musk/10790189002/

The majority of advertisers on the list, however, have stopped spending on the platform for a "significant period of time following direct outreach, controversies, and warnings from media buyers," according to a Media Matters analysis of data from ad analytics firm Pathmatics

Advertisers don't like the product Elmo is selling.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/where-are-the-advertisers-leaving-twitter-super-bowl/477205/

Greg Jarboe: “Which brands feel that Twitter has broken their trust since Musk bought the platform?”

Joaquim Salguerio: “I would say that several brands will have different reasonings for this break of trust.

First, if you’re an automaker, there’s suddenly a very tight relationship between Twitter and one of your competitors.

Second, advertisers that are quite averse to taking risks with their communications because of brand safety concerns might feel that they still need to be addressed.

Most of all, in a year where we’re seeing mass layoffs from several corporations, the Twitter troubles have given marketing teams a reason to re-evaluate its effectiveness during a time of budget cuts. That would be a more important factor than trust for most brands.

Obviously, there are some famous cases, such as the Lou Paskalis case, but it’s difficult to pinpoint a brand list that would have trust as their only concern.”

Seems pretty obvious.

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/twitters-efforts-to-court-advertisers-turns-them-off

Twitter’s ad business is not recovering.

Clients of WPP-owned GroupM, the world’s largest ad-buying firm, have cut their spending on Twitter by between 40% and 50% since Elon Musk took control of the company in late October, according to people familiar with the matter. Standard Media Index, an ad industry firm that tracks spending by nearly all national advertisers, says it is seeing a smaller amount of forward bookings for Twitter for this month and February compared to past years.

Meanwhile, there are signs that Elon Musk’s cost cutting is undermining Twitter’s ability to turn around its ad business, while the company’s outreach to marketers is further alienating ad executives. Last month, for instance, ad executives meeting with Twitter ad sales representatives were told they had to become comfortable with Musk’s unpredictability and uncertainty, according to two people with direct knowledge of the conversations. But controversy and uncertainty are anathema to many big advertisers, which prefer predictability, including knowing where their ads run and what type of content they’ll appear next to.

Twitter is almost dead from Elmo's bizarre actions.

Yes liberals won't be happy unless their opposition is silenced. I guarantee they are doing themselves more harm than good. No matter how much they advertise I will never use their products.  I had PepsiCo as a customer for years. I won't deal with them anymore.  I keep getting emails looking for bids but just delete them. Like most businesses we are limited in our ability to supply our services so I now use a value system in allotment of it.  The only time I do businesses with people I despise is when they are so desperate I can add a pain in the ass premium.  I canceled Hulu and am in the process of dumping AT&T.  If a company wants to alienate 50% of the market then more power to them. I'm also in the process of eliminating investments in liberal companies that want to hate on 50% of the money out there. 

Just now, El Luchador said:

Yes liberals won't be happy unless their opposition is silenced. I guarantee they are doing themselves more harm than good. No matter how much they advertise I will never use their products.  I had PepsiCo as a customer for years. I won't deal with them anymore.  I keep getting emails looking for bids but just delete them. Like most businesses we are limited in our ability to supply our services so I now use a value system in allotment of it.  The only time I do businesses with people I despise is when they are so desperate I can add a pain in the ass premium.  I canceled Hulu and am in the process of dumping AT&T.  If a company wants to alienate 50% of the market then more power to them. I'm also in the process of eliminating investments in liberal companies that want to hate on 50% of the money out there. 

lolol

You open with a whine that liberals want to silence their opponent and then blather on about how you won't do business with companies based on their perceived politics...

Do you not see the inherent hypocrisy in your position?

You sound a bit triggered.

Bottom line, Elmo made Twitter shitty and corporate America, which is conservative, doesn't want the new damaged product.

It's just that simple.

1 minute ago, El Luchador said:

Yes I  reciprocate. I wouldn't know who to boycott if they didn't make their position known to me. 

You're hysterical.

You're projecting your weird values onto corporate America.

Corporations would still be advertising on Twitter if it weren't so badly broken by Elmo.
They don't care what the CEO believes.
They simply want their ads to reliably appear and not to be next to vile content.

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

You're hysterical.

You're projecting your weird values onto corporate America.

Corporations would still be advertising on Twitter if it weren't so badly broken by Elmo.
They don't care what the CEO believes.
They simply want their ads to reliably appear and not to be next to vile content.

B.S. l really have no idea what is going on at Twitter  but I'm sure he has a mess of shit to clean up. Twitter was never profitable so it isn't like he turned a cash cow into a turd. He purchased a turd and instead of trying to polish that turd he is remaking it.

17 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

In all fairness it isn't supposed to be used the way people are using it. Especially the drunk guy who hit the girl scouts. 

L4 ADAS means driver intervention isn't usually necessary.

Tesla is shipping bad L2/3 ADAS.

https://www.synopsys.com/automotive/autonomous-driving-levels.html

Edited by Mike Parrish