Republican or not?

jross

7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Then read Out of America , where

Keith B. Richburg was an experienced and respected reporter who had paid his dues covering urban neighborhoods in Washington D.C., and won praise for his coverage of Southeast Asia. But nothing prepared him for the personal odyssey that he would embark upon when he was assigned to cover Africa. In this powerful book, Richburg takes the reader on an extraordinary journey that sweeps from Somalia to Rwanda to Zaire and finally to South Africa. He shows how he came to terms with the divide within himself: between his African racial heritage and his American cultural identity. Are these really my people? Am I truly an African-American? The answer, Richburg finds, after much soul-searching, is that no, he is not an African, but an American first and foremost. To those who romanticize Mother Africa as a black Valhalla, where blacks can walk with dignity and pride, he regrets that this is not the reality. He has been there and witnessed the killings, the repression, the false promises, and the horror. "Thank God my nameless ancestor, brought across the ocean in chains and leg irons, made it out alive," he concludes. "Thank God I am an American."”

He has his own opinions and his own life, but he is sorely mistaken that Africans walk in something other than pride and dignity.

Just got back from a 3 week vacation in Ghana.  I can confirm that literally none of these stories of violence and brutality are true.  It is not any more true for Africa than anywhere else.  In fact, I doubt anyone from anywhere  kills as often, brutally and effectively as Europeans.

42 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Then read Out of America , where

"Thank God my nameless ancestor, brought across the ocean in chains and leg irons, made it out alive," he concludes. "Thank God I am an American."”

Another take along the same lines:

“Thank God My Granddaddy Got on that Boat”

FEBRUARY 9, 2018 BY DEBBIE YOUNG

With his customary cheekiness, Muhammad Ali responded to the reporter inquiring about his thoughts on Africa after his Rumble in the Jungle boxing match. It was 1974. Ali had just returned to the U.S. from Zaire, where he had beaten the previously undefeated world heavyweight-champ George Foreman.

It was not for nothing that Ali thanked God that his “granddaddy got on that boat,” Pedro Gonzalez tells readers of American Greatness. Citing Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson, Gonzalez writes:  [America] is now the least racist white-majority society in the world; has a better record of legal protections of minorities than any other society, white or black; offers more opportunities to a greater number of black persons than any other society, including all of those of Africa.

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Another take along the same lines:

“Thank God My Granddaddy Got on that Boat”

FEBRUARY 9, 2018 BY DEBBIE YOUNG

With his customary cheekiness, Muhammad Ali responded to the reporter inquiring about his thoughts on Africa after his Rumble in the Jungle boxing match. It was 1974. Ali had just returned to the U.S. from Zaire, where he had beaten the previously undefeated world heavyweight-champ George Foreman.

It was not for nothing that Ali thanked God that his “granddaddy got on that boat,” Pedro Gonzalez tells readers of American Greatness. Citing Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson, Gonzalez writes:  [America] is now the least racist white-majority society in the world; has a better record of legal protections of minorities than any other society, white or black; offers more opportunities to a greater number of black persons than any other society, including all of those of Africa.

Yet every time racial problems nearly disappeared the democrats arose with policy that undermined the progress.  

Edited by Offthemat

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

We were making great progress till 2016 when Trump put the fine people in charge.

Not hardly, you won’t get a pass on revisionism here.  I was referring to Woodrow Wilson, Margaret Sanger, FDR, LBJ, Barrak Obama, and their acolytes. 

Edited by Offthemat

28 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

In fact, I doubt anyone from anywhere  kills as often, brutally and effectively as Europeans. (Plasmodium comment)

Isn’t that racist?

Perhaps Plasmodium meant it as a compliment.  Making an observation is NOT racist.  It is merely making an observation.  Just like making the following observation is NOT racist.  It is merely verbalizing an observation:   "My oh my; quite a few NBA players appear to be descended from people born on the African continent, enslaved there by other Africans, and sold by those other Africans to people who transported them throughout the world including a small minority of the total to the British colonies in the new world. "

But Plasmodium's observation is demonstrably wrong.  Mao (kind of non-European) was very brutal and effective at killing.  Japs (defined as the imperial killing machine of the 1930s and 1940s, not the fun loving peaceniks now occupying the archipeligo of the Rising Sun) were very brutal and effective at killilng during the Rape of Nanking.  Cambodians were extremely good at it in the killing fields of the Khmer Rouge.  Mongols seemed to have some skills in this area.  Are ethnic Russians european?  Maybe but Stalin was Georgian which is very difficult to claim to be european and he was a pretty good brutal and effective killer.  So the conclusion about Euros being especially brutal, effective, and frequent killers is NOT racist but at least debatable if not outright wrong.

8 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Perhaps Plasmodium meant it as a compliment.  Making an observation is NOT racist.  It is merely making an observation.  Just like making the following observation is NOT racist.  It is merely verbalizing an observation:   "My oh my; quite a few NBA players appear to be descended from people born on the African continent, enslaved there by other Africans, and sold by those other Africans to people who transported them throughout the world including a small minority of the total to the British colonies in the new world. "

But Plasmodium's observation is demonstrably wrong.  Mao (kind of non-European) was very brutal and effective at killing.  Japs (defined as the imperial killing machine of the 1930s and 1940s, not the fun loving peaceniks now occupying the archipeligo of the Rising Sun) were very brutal and effective at killilng during the Rape of Nanking.  Cambodians were extremely good at it in the killing fields of the Khmer Rouge.  Mongols seemed to have some skills in this area.  Are ethnic Russians european?  Maybe but Stalin was Georgian which is very difficult to claim to be european and he was a pretty good brutal and effective killer.  So the conclusion about Euros being especially brutal, effective, and frequent killers is NOT racist but at least debatable if not outright wrong.

For some reason, I consider that being wrong is what makes it racist.  Maybe not. 

10 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

If I'm demonstrably wrong, you have to demonstrate that.  That requires numbers.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

If I'm demonstrably wrong, you have to demonstrate that.  That requires numbers.

The numbers:  https://about-history.com/list-of-dictatorships-by-death-toll-the-top-10-biggest-killers-in-history/

Euros come in at number 3 on the list of the top 10 prodigious, brutal, and effective killers.  And only at number 3.  Therefore, the conclusion is that the Euros are NOT especially prodigious, brutal, or effective at killing. 

• Asians (includes Muslims and Georgians which are in Asia) = 7 of top 10
  • Africans = 2 of top 10
  • Euros = 1 of top 10

Demonstration complete.  Carry on with what you were doing.

Tim Scott disagrees,  which should tell you something!

This VERY STATEMENT led to my culture being cancelled on The Open Mat, but I don't care and I'll say it again.

As I've been illustrating for 20 years now,  take some of the comments in this thread and compare them to comments made on Stromfront.com or any number of white power sites and guess what? The comments are indistinguishable from those,  and would be welcomed with open arms among those hate groups. 

Something to hang your hats on folks,  indeed!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

The numbers:  https://about-history.com/list-of-dictatorships-by-death-toll-the-top-10-biggest-killers-in-history/

Euros come in at number 3 on the list of the top 10 prodigious, brutal, and effective killers.  And only at number 3.  Therefore, the conclusion is that the Euros are NOT especially prodigious, brutal, or effective at killing. 

• Asians (includes Muslims and Georgians which are in Asia) = 7 of top 10
  • Africans = 2 of top 10
  • Euros = 1 of top 10

Demonstration complete.  Carry on with what you were doing.

Interesting and demonstrably wrong numbers!

54 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Tim Scott disagrees,  which should tell you something!

This VERY STATEMENT led to my culture being cancelled on The Open Mat, but I don't care and I'll say it again.

As I've been illustrating for 20 years now,  take some of the comments in this thread and compare them to comments made on Stromfront.com or any number of white power sites and guess what? The comments are indistinguishable from those,  and would be welcomed with open arms among those hate groups. 

Something to hang your hats on folks,  indeed!

Tim Scott:  “This is one of the things I am most proud of, and it would not have been possible without the aid of President Trump.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-tim-scott-confronted-trump-racism-launched-major-economic-initiative-exclusive-book-excerpt

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

Commence demonstrating.

The quickest and easiest is to move number 6 and number 2 into their proper racial bin.  The next step is to properly account for the people killed by the Nazis. 17 million is woefully incomplete.

Edited by Plasmodium

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Tim Scott:  “This is one of the things I am most proud of, and it would not have been possible without the aid of President Trump.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-tim-scott-confronted-trump-racism-launched-major-economic-initiative-exclusive-book-excerpt

I'm referring to his opposition to the big gubment mandated teaching that slavery was beneficial,  Adolph.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!