The ballad of Bidenomics. The song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Paul158

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

But they mine it with EV machines, correct?  🙄

That would we be something. One of those massive dump trucks that can hold up to 500 tons. You would need 10 batteries the size of a pickup truck. Just to run maybe 2 or 3 hours.

9 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

That would we be something. One of those massive dump trucks that can hold up to 500 tons. You would need 10 batteries the size of a pickup truck. Just to run maybe 2 or 3 hours.

I did a small research project on renewable energy sources for vehicles in college and the only one that made sense from a power output / "environmentally friendly" standpoint was using hydrogen powered vehicles. The problem is that hydrogen is such a small molecule that you need a very specific material for the tanks. Finding a material for the tank that is woven tightly enough to harness the molecule without it escaping is very difficult. At the time, the best material they had to use for the tanks was platinum and it is just not feasible for widespread use. 

14 minutes ago, Gus said:

I did a small research project on renewable energy sources for vehicles in college and the only one that made sense from a power output / "environmentally friendly" standpoint was using hydrogen powered vehicles. The problem is that hydrogen is such a small molecule that you need a very specific material for the tanks. Finding a material for the tank that is woven tightly enough to harness the molecule without it escaping is very difficult. At the time, the best material they had to use for the tanks was platinum and it is just not feasible for widespread use. 

Have you ever heard of the Big Muskie .It was a drag line shovel in Ohio.It was powered by 13,800 volts supplied by a trailing cable. Built in 1969. It moved 483 milion cubic yards of rock and earth. It could move 325 tons of earth and rock in a single bite. The bucket held 220 yards. Just a very interesting piece of our history. It was used to mine coal in Ohio.

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Have you ever heard of the Big Muskie .It was a drag line shovel in Ohio.It was powered by 13,800 volts supplied by a trailing cable. Built in 1969. It moved 483 milion cubic yards of rock and earth. It could move 325 tons of earth and rock in a single bite. The bucket held 220 yards. Just a very interesting piece of our history. It was used to mine coal in Ohio.

Was it a bucket line dredge? 

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

Was it a bucket line dredge? 

Nevermind, I just watched a video on it. That thing was impressive! 220 yards is about the equivalent of 10 rock trucks in a single bucket. Crazy. Video below for inquiring minds.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yeah,  right.  I've been involved with civil rights issues for 25 years.  Kind of like the only one who is a victim of systemic discrimination is Deuce, right?

Unprovoked by name calling,  I disparage others on here for their life choices!? I don't think so. 

Only got a laugh for me? How about proving me wrong,  or are you like all of the others who don't have the goods to do so when I ask them to?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

Nevermind, I just watched a video on it. That thing was impressive! 220 yards is about the equivalent of 10 rock trucks in a single bucket. Crazy. Video below for inquiring minds.

The huge bulldozer sitting in front of it looks like a toy. 

26 minutes ago, Gus said:

Thanks for the video . I had not seen it in action before. I think it used enough electricity to power 27,000 homes. They said it ran 24 hours a day,364 days a year.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yeah,  right.  I've been involved with civil rights issues for 25 years.  Kind of like the only one who is a victim of systemic discrimination is Deuce, right?

Unprovoked by name calling,  I disparage others on here for their life choices!? I don't think so. 

I wouldn't call you a bigot. But this is the product of being woke: hurting the people you say you want to help.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.37.53 AM.png

TBD

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I did the math on that once for combine harvesters working 12/16 hr days, same work rate as current machines, you'd need swappable huge batteries and of course semi trucks to haul the batteries out to the field to swap them and the huge batteries for the E semi trucks, plus the extra more labor ...

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I don't think we are talking about coal are we? 

The 9 most terrifying words in the English language. I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Have you seen the amount of destruction it takes to the environment to mine lithium and the other metals necessary? You might want to take a look at the mines on YouTube.

Have you ever looked up the amount concrete, steel.plastics,oil and petroleum products it takes to make one wind turbine? They only last 20 to 25 years. How environmentally intelligent (or safe )  is that. The solar panels only last 25 years. Where does all the panels and turbines go when they are replaced?

I listened to the song and liked it! A character in the song is 5' 3", 300lber from coal country who thinks the rich men north of Virginia tax him without considering him.

Yes, I have seen the lithium environmental problems. There will be long term consequences of that industry, and I think those are being downplayed. 

There are downsides to most renewables. However, the problems with the status quo have been coming for over a century, we've known it for several decades, they are on clear display now, and they're gonna get worse. 

Coal is declining for many reasons, but the one that seems most agreeable is that it's a failing market. If coal country wants to be productive, then it will have to be something other than coal. 

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

So using electricity to mine coal but what was the energy source for generating the electricity?  

We really need to work on capturing more UFOs, I'm guessing those galaxy travelers have figured something out.  We are just going in visious circles.  😞

• Fire 2

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

So using electricity to mine coal but what was the energy source for generating the electricity?  

We really need to work on capturing more UFOs, I'm guessing those galaxy travelers have figured something out.  We are just going in visious circles.  😞

It was probably a coal fired plant.  This was 1969 through the 80's.

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

It was probably a coal fired plant.  This was 1969 through the 80's.

Like I said vicious circle.  We also used coal & diesel to build hydro dams, to build transport & erect wind farms etc etc.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, denger said:

Yes, I have seen the lithium environmental problems. There will be long term consequences of that industry, and I think those are being downplayed. 

There are downsides to most renewables. However, the problems with the status quo have been coming for over a century, we've known it for several decades, they are on clear display now, and they're gonna get worse. 

Coal is declining for many reasons, but the one that seems most agreeable is that it's a failing market. If coal country wants to be productive, then it will have to be something other than coal. 

there's nothing wrong with finding solutions to problems. but the current EV industry is not a solution. 

the entire industry is powered by fossil fuels - the machines they use to mine the rare elements, and the outlet they plug in to charge.

and the land is raped in the process. nothing about it makes sense. 

they use energy from fossil fuels to produce a vehicle with short range that runs on fossil fuels.

there's a reason why Sweden just announced they were breaking w/ the rest of the world and building all nuclear. it's cleaner and cheaper.

EV is currently a joke. 

you want to talk about a failing market - check the reports from almost all major auto companies P&L on EV's.

• Fire 2

TBD

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Like I said vicious circle.  We also used coal & diesel to build hydro dams, to build transport & erect wind farms etc etc.

So the Muskie had 18 / 1000 hp (750 KW )motors. It also had 10/ 625 hp DC (466 KW) motors. It looks like it used close 100,000.00 dollars of electricity a day. The substation must have been gigantic.

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

there's nothing wrong with finding solutions to problems. but the current EV industry is not a solution. 

the entire industry is powered by fossil fuels - the machines they use to mine the rare elements, and the outlet they plug in to charge.

and the land is raped in the process. nothing about it makes sense. 

they use energy from fossil fuels to produce a vehicle with short range that runs on fossil fuels.

there's a reason why Sweden just announced they were breaking w/ the rest of the world and building all nuclear. it's cleaner and cheaper.

EV is currently a joke. 

you want to talk about a failing market - check the reports from almost all major auto companies P&L on EV's.

Didn't Ford just lose 100 of million dollars on its ev's

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

It says they expect to lose 4.5 billion this year. Wow!!! Model E division.

I thought I saw somewhere that the CEO drove one and essentially admitted the new electric ford truck isn't very end user friendly other than for short trips here and there.  It was completely inconvenient to charge it while on a trip longer than a couple hundred miles.

i don't know this for sure but...

new (and used) gas engine prices are through the roof.

i would have to assume the mandates of producing electric cars and the lack of market (and losing billions)

have made Ford et. al. to recoup those losses on gas engines.

of course the last few years there's been constant talk of supply chain issues and lack of computer processors,

but i'd be surprised if they didn't try to offset EV losses by raising gas job prices. 

• Fire 1

TBD

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

I wouldn't call you a bigot. But this is the product of being woke: hurting the people you say you want to help.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.37.53 AM.png

Baloney. There are no local or state polices that are doing any of the specific things that you list, with specific being the key word.

That nonsense should be illegal for Tattletale "News" to be telling you because these deceptions and lies make angry people commit the terrorist acts that we see from these white power groups. 

Fantasy is reality,  and reality is fantasy. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!