Penn State VS - Preseason Edition

nhs67

PSU often looks a little flat early in the season, so a solid team beating them or losing close would not make me think the sky is falling if I were a PSU fan.  They have built the team year in and year out as a tournament team 1/st and just happen to have a great dual team as more of an after thought.  Iowa seems to do the opposite.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, Pish said:

I guess this will be another case where people like you will only realize it when the seasons over. You really think 125, 141, 149, 157 (Haines) and 165 are unknowns?? If so, I can’t argue with you.

if you know talent, you know it.  If you don’t, you sit and wait till end of year and then admit it. Either way it will play itself out. 

but you all can convince yourself of PSU/Cornell tying in a dual

How things change.  Steen instead of Howard, Barraclough instead of Haines...

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Which Penn State is likely still the favorite down the line, but Cornell can absolutely win it.  They have more room for error now is all.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

As long as the 4 champs and Kerk wrestle, it don’t matter.

Unfortunate for Robbie. Interested to watch BearClaw. Seems he grew a couple inches from last year and more focused on opening up his offense (easier said than done).

As far as predicting who will be at 157 for those duals at this time, is a bit premature considering new redshirt rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Pish said:

As long as the 4 champs and Kerk wrestle, it don’t matter.

Unfortunate for Robbie. Interested to watch BearClaw. Seems he grew a couple inches from last year and more focused on opening up his offense (easier said than done).

As far as predicting who will be at 157 for those duals at this time, is a bit premature considering new redshirt rules

You're off your marbles, mate.

In what universe is 133, 174, and 197 not a match that could go either way?  Do I believe Penn State is favored, as I have said several times?  Absolutely.  Am I going to be shocked if Arujau, Foca, or Cardenes win?  Absolutely not.

It was a 21-16 dual last year and it wasn't sealed until Kerk beat Fernandez in the final match of the dual via 5-0 Decision.

Penn State lost a 2x NC at 141 and have new faces at 125, 141, 149, and 165.  To think Cornell can't keep it close is preposterous.

• Fire 1

Then let’s bet. Don’t keep saying “I wouldn’t be shocked if this or that happen”. Put your money where your mouth is. I’ll give you a point so in the event of a tie you win

If you’re not willing to bet, then not much else to discuss. We can discuss any dual and say “I wouldn’t be shocked if this or that,” I’m not into those types of discussions.

Cornell will not tie PSU (which was the premise of this thread). If you think they will tie or even win, I will give you a point and we bet, if not, then be like MSU and just talk to talk without taking a side

21 minutes ago, Pish said:

Then let’s bet. Don’t keep saying “I wouldn’t be shocked if this or that happen”. Put your money where your mouth is. I’ll give you a point so in the event of a tie you win

If you’re not willing to bet, then not much else to discuss. We can discuss any dual and say “I wouldn’t be shocked if this or that,” I’m not into those types of discussions.

Cornell will not tie PSU (which was the premise of this thread). If you think they will tie or even win, I will give you a point and we bet, if not, then be like MSU and just talk to talk without taking a side

Well, you are wrong there.  I created the thread.

Also, if you could read, comprehend, or discuss matters in the slightest - in a nontoxic manner, you would already know and understand thay I also did and will pick Penn State to win.

You brought in that micropeen energy clamoring about how ridiculous it was that Cornell could keep it close.

Cornell kept it close last year when the Cornell squad wasn't as good or deep as this year's team and the Penn State squad was better or deeper than this year's team.

Like... it effected you on such a cellular level.  If this weren't some bbs I would say it's almost disturbing.

Well, you are wrong there.  I created the thread.
Also, if you could read, comprehend, or discuss matters in the slightest - in a nontoxic manner, you would already know and understand thay I also did and will pick Penn State to win.
You brought in that micropeen energy clamoring about how ridiculous it was that Cornell could keep it close.
Cornell kept it close last year when the Cornell squad wasn't as good or deep as this year's team and the Penn State squad was better or deeper than this year's team.
Like... it effected you on such a cellular level.  If this weren't some bbs I would say it's almost disturbing.

You like to use big words but you’re a fraud. My reading comprehension is fine. Someone came to your thread, said Cornell would tie PSU and that’s where this all stems from.

I never claimed it wouldn’t be close, I said Cornell wouldn’t tie (reading comprehension issues on your end)?

Sit down loser and keep giving your thoughts to others that give a shit.

When you want to put your money where your mouth is..come back to this thread. If not, go waste your day giving your opinions to others.

Up until now the only one being insulting and taking it personal is you. See earlier in thread. I put my money where my mouth was on another bet. No animosity.

23 minutes ago, Pish said:

You like to use big words but you’re a fraud. My reading comprehension is fine. Someone came to your thread, said Cornell would tie PSU and that’s where this all stems from.

I never claimed it wouldn’t be close, I said Cornell wouldn’t tie (reading comprehension issues on your end)?

Sit down loser and keep giving your thoughts to others that give a shit.

When you want to put your money where your mouth is..come back to this thread. If not, go waste your day giving your opinions to others.

Up until now the only one being insulting and taking it personal is you. See earlier in thread. I put my money where my mouth was on another bet. No animosity.

Quite a bit to digest there, I guess?

A lot of bullshit, as it were.  Once again skating around.

In any case, we are projecting the same result: A Penn State victory.  All I said was it could be close - multiple times.  You said otherwise - multiple times.

It doesn't matter because I am a fraud, though.  This thread clearly shows that.

I believe this is where someone usually says 'As you were...' or something along those lines?

3 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Seriously?  Taking credit for membership contribution is a no lose sucker bet.  Then again, P.T. Barnum did say there's a sucker born every minute.

You are making the assumption that my contribution would have been greater than zero otherwise. Since this is the first time I have ever made a contribution, your assumption is on shaky ground.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are making the assumption that my contribution would have been greater than zero otherwise. Since this is the first time I have ever made a contribution, your assumption is on shaky ground.

Nice non-denial denial.

And thanks for donating to the NLWC.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

On 10/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, Pish said:

I guess this will be another case where people like you will only realize it when the seasons over. You really think 125, 141, 149, 157 (Haines) and 165 are unknowns?? If so, I can’t argue with you.

if you know talent, you know it.  If you don’t, you sit and wait till end of year and then admit it. Either way it will play itself out. 

but you all can convince yourself of PSU/Cornell tying in a dual

Well Haines current level is a bit less unknown... unless you are saying Zerban is on that level too?  Did you know his talent too?

Screenshots_2022-11-13-13-35-55.png

Well Haines current level is a bit less unknown... unless you are saying Zerban is on that level too?  Did you know his talent too?

Screenshots_2022-11-13-13-35-55.png.8a8e946f54a11ef975807306fc8b12f4.png

You’re quite pathetic. LOL. Do you sit and wait for any PSU guy to lose and come and gloat?

True freshman and you’re already writing him off? Good for you. Nice find!!

Keep hating loser!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pish said:

You’re quite pathetic. LOL. Do you sit and wait for any PSU guy to lose and come and gloat?

True freshman and you’re already writing him off? Good for you. Nice find!!

Keep hating loser!

You are wrong on so many levels there, it's funny.

You are wrong on so many levels there, it's funny.

I’m watching football today with my family and enjoying life.

You’re spending your time going thru early season tournament results looking for every PSU guy that takes an L. LOL. LOSER!!

Bringing up a 2 week old thread to post about a true freshman (who’s not the starter by the way). Congrats.

9 minutes ago, Pish said:

I’m watching football today with my family and enjoying life.

You’re spending your time going thru early season tournament results looking for every PSU guy that takes an L. LOL. LOSER!!

Bringing up a 2 week old thread to post about a true freshman (who’s not the starter by the way). Congrats.

You seem to forget all the shit you tried talking.

He is redshirting because the coaches know something you don't, obviously.

Hopefully this result will learn you a thing or two about writing checks with money that isn't yours.

Have fun with your football.

You seem to forget all the shit you tried talking.
He is redshirting because the coaches know something you don't, obviously.
Hopefully this result will learn you a thing or two about writing checks with money that isn't yours.
Have fun with your football.

I guess you forget a November result in someone’s true freshman year doesn’t reflect one way or another on a year end result.

Go see Mark Hall..he lost in November of his freshman year as well..guess he sucked too.

Just now, Pish said:

I guess you forget a November result in someone’s true freshman year doesn’t reflect one way or another on a year end result.

Go see Mark Hall..he lost in November of his freshman year as well..guess he sucked too.

Keep backpedaling.

I thought you were watching football?  I even gave you permission to resume your family time didn't I?

4 hours ago, Pish said:

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Also, I never once said or insinuated he sucked.

After this weekend we can all agree Haines, Mendez, & Bouzakis all suck and are busts. 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted