as of 8/14/2023 - AA Predictions for this coming year

flyingcement

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't, no.  Not unless he separates himself from his peers in the room.  I think what I was hoping for last year comes to fruition, just with more competition in the room.  Striggow seems healthy and Bullock has changed his name to Swollock.  I think Bullock ends up being the starter.

IF Walters separates himself from the room, including Swollock, then I think he only gets the nod if it is the difference in points between a 4/5/6th finish for UofM and a 3rd.  Keep in mind they only give trophies out for 1-3 now, right?

With the state of 197 right now, I just don't see him getting the nod.  As hard as I am on Carroll (I would argue I am a realist, not a dreamer there) I know I need to be here, because 197 is deeper that 285 and it isn't even close.  I could see Carroll getting 7/8th.  Walters?  Using wrestlestat, I just don't see him beating anyone in the Top 12ish... and there are many below there I don't see him beating (right now) either.

I agree with that assessment.... He needs a year in the room to develop. Rogers at 184 is definitely his best weight. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

14 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I can't help but notice you hate Michigan.

'splain yo'self.

haha sorry bruv.  

I can only call it as I see it.  I think 125 is undergoing a change of the guard right now and also omitted backside McKee from the rankings again as I have doubts about his ability to consistently make the weight and perform at a high level.  There was one thing I was thinking about predicting which was adding Gomez in the top five for the Wolverines

10 hours ago, Gus said:

I would consider Alirez vs Woods a toss-up match. Those two have shown to be a cut above the rest.

Personally I think that last match was as close as Woods would be able to hope for against someone of Alirez caliber.  I think Bartlett is likely to be on a trajectory to place himself above Woods for this coming year

Edited by flyingcement

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

I’ll just do PSU:

125: Howard, 7-8th or R12.
133: Nagao, 3rd
141: Bartlett, 2nd
149: SVN, 3rd
157: Haines, 1st
165: Messenbrink, 3rd
174: Starocci, 1st
184: Truax, 2nd
197: Brooks, 1st
285: Kerkvliet, 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obviously you're an iowa homer if you don't have Mesenbrink winning 1st 🙂

• Fire 1

obviously you're an iowa homer if you don't have Mesenbrink winning 1st

I think he’s going to pistol whip whoever Iowa can throw out at 165, murder the B1G duals and tournament, and lose to whoever takes 2nd at B12s in the 2 vs 3 semi at NCAAs. Carr or O’Toole, just a bit too folk savvy.

If he takes an OLY RS, I think he goes to Paris as Dake’s training partner, and begins his reign of terror in 2024-2025. Facundo slots in and takes 8th.

• Fire 1

Just now, Le duke said:

I think he’s going to pistol whip whoever Iowa can throw out at 165, murder the B1G duals and tournament, and lose to whoever takes 2nd at B12s in the 2 vs 3 semi at NCAAs. Carr or O’Toole, just a bit too folk savvy.

If he takes an OLY RS, I think he goes to Paris as Dake’s training partner, and begins his reign of terror in 2024-2025. Facundo slots in and takes 8th.

can you at least agree that if he takes an olympic RS, he will never lose a college match?  as ionel knows - I'm never wrong, only early haha

• Fire 1

can you at least agree that if he takes an olympic RS, he will never lose a college match?  as ionel knows - I'm never wrong, only early haha

No, I won’t curse the kid.

But I think he’s better than Starocci, Brooks, Nolf, Ruth and DT.

• Fire 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, flyingcement said:

1. Richard Figueroa
  2. Matt Ramos
  3. Troy Spratley
  4. Eddie Ventresca
  5. Anthony Noto
  6. Eric Barnett
  7. Braxton Brown
  8. Marc-Anthony McGowan

1. Vito Arujau
  2. Daton Fix
  3. Nic Bouzakis
  4. Sam Latona
  5. Kai Orine
  6. Aaron Nagao
  7. Ryan Crookham
  8. Chris Cannon

1. Andrew Alirez
  2. Beau Bartlett
  3. Real Woods
  4. Lachlan McNeil
  5. Brock Hardy
  6. CJ Composto
  7. Josh Edmonds
  8. Cole Matthews

1. Ridge Lovett
  2. Shayne Van Ness
  3. Meyer Shapiro
  4. Kyle Parco
  5. Caleb Henson
  6. Casey Swiderski
  7. Brock Mauller
  8. Jackson Arrington

1. Sammy Sasso
  2. Levi Haines
  3. Jacori Teemer
  4. Peyton Robb
  5. Bryce Andonian
  6. Jared Franek
  7. Daniel Cardenas
  8. Cameron Steed

1. Mitchell Mesenbrink
  2. Mikey Caliendo
  3. Keegan O'Toole
  4. David Carr
  5. Cam Amine
  6. Dean Hamiti
  7. Julian Ramirez
  8. Matthew Olguin

1. Carter Starocci
  2. Chris Foca
  3. Mekhi Lewis
  4. Shane Griffith
  5. Carson Kharchla
  6. Travis Wittlake
  7. Cade DeVos
  8. Peyton Mocco

1. Parker Keckeisen
  2. Bernie Truax
  3. Trey Munoz
  4. Isaiah Salazar
  5. Jon Loew
  6. Will Feldkamp
  7. Lenny Pinto
  8. Brian Soldano

1. Aaron Brooks
  2. Jaxon Smith
  3. Silas Allred
  4. Stephen Buchanan
  5. Trent Hidlay
  6. Rocky Elam
  7. Michael Beard
  8. Tanner Sloan

1. Wyatt Hendrickson
  2. Greg Kerkvliet
  3. Tony Casioppi
  4. Lucas Davison
  5. Cohlton Schultz
  6. Dayton Pitzer
  7. Yonger Bastida
  8. Zach Elam

Why did you not include A.J. Ferrari?

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

No, I won’t curse the kid.

But I think he’s better than Starocci, Brooks, Nolf, Ruth and DT.

No way. Are you joking. I will watch him in the finals today. But this tournament is high school level with a good number of college freshman wrestlers. Please don't jinx him/

• Fire 1

On 8/14/2023 at 11:13 PM, flyingcement said:

As long as bud heavies are on discount, this is my default house drink.  No hard liquor during the week unless I'm out of the house with others.  Every man needs rules 

Someone say bud??

Seriously, putting Mess in right off the bat over two world and NCAA champs.....that's puttin your balls out there...

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Le duke said:

If O'Toole and Carr split and Mesenbrink goes undefeated, do you have them getting the nod?  Particularly if Mesenbrink goes SLAYER on everyone like he has been doing at Worlds?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

No way. Are you joking. I will watch him in the finals today. But this tournament is high school level with a good number of college freshman wrestlers. Please don't jinx him/

A lot of them are wrestling at the senior level already.

I should clarify my statement: at the end of his NCAA career I think he’ll be regarded as better than the people I listed.

• Fire 1

If O'Toole and Carr split and Mesenbrink goes undefeated, do you have them getting the nod?  Particularly if Mesenbrink goes SLAYER on everyone like he has been doing at Worlds?

Someone has to win their conference title. That person will get the 1, Messenbrink the 2, loser of B12 final the 3.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

A lot of them are wrestling at the senior level already.

I should clarify my statement: at the end of his NCAA career I think he’ll be regarded as better than the people I listed.

Got it. Just don't jinx him.

36 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Which is why I didn’t predict him to win NCAAs this year.

Who will you predict after Haines goes up to 165 and him and Haines both lose to Facundo in the wrestleoff?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me