Trump announces he is running for Prez again

mspart

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

On somewhat of a related note,  we had a presenter once say to us at work how effectively Harley Davidson is able to sell its brand. 

People wear their shirts,  hats,  and even get the brand tatooed on themselves. 

He then said,  picture people walking around with "Walmart" tattoos on their arms. 

Amazing thought. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

On somewhat of a related note,  we had a presenter once say to us at work how effectively Harley Davidson is able to sell its brand. 

People wear their shirts,  hats,  and even get the brand tatooed on themselves. 

He then said,  picture people walking around with "Walmart" tattoos on their arms. 

Amazing thought. 

I would bet the Venn diagram of 'Harley owners' and 'Trump supporters' is nearly a circle.

As an RC51 rider, I believe we could refactor this to simply, 'gullible people'.

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

I would bet the Venn diagram of 'Harley owners' and 'Trump supporters' is nearly a circle.

As an RC51 rider, I believe we could refactor this to simply, 'gullible people'.

Yes. Most of which are of the weekend,  variety type as well. 

image.thumb.png.277587260c01ea9f5ec70cdaaebf913c.png

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 minutes ago, jross said:

Trump cards sold out in 12 hours.  Insanity.

Really!!?? I thought that with the huge numbers who were mocking it,  including his apologists and die hards, it would be one big flop. 

Wowza!

7 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Ah, so THAT'S what it took for them to jump ship. 

Never mind the mocking of the disabled,  the admission of sexual assault,  the endless criminality,  etc., etc.

• Fire 1

Like I said, I don't think Trump will be the nominee, and I don't think he will win if he is.   Trump is damaged goods.  He will not bring in the Independents who I think have had enough of the circus.  Trump as a person was probably responsible for 50% of the circus, but the D's in Congress and the media fomented the other 50%.   Media wants him to run for sure, money in their pockets.  But I don't think anyone will take him seriously as a candidate again, enough to have him win.  

I think he ran last time as a joke that catapulted him to the WH.  Even Jesse Ventura didn't run for re-election as it just wasn't fun anymore. 

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

Like I said, I don't think Trump will be the nominee, and I don't think he will win if he is.   Trump is damaged goods.  He will not bring in the Independents who I think have had enough of the circus.  Trump as a person was probably responsible for 50% of the circus, but the D's in Congress and the media fomented the other 50%.   Media wants him to run for sure, money in their pockets.  But I don't think anyone will take him seriously as a candidate again, enough to have him win.  

I think he ran last time as a joke that catapulted him to the WH.  Even Jesse Ventura didn't run for re-election as it just wasn't fun anymore. 

mspart

If he can't win the GOP nomination, he'll burn it all down.

🍿

How will he do that?  He may run as an independent and therefore torch the R candidate a la Perot.  But burning it all down, I think you credit him with way more power than he has, which is next to zero as attested to in the last election.   

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

How will he do that?  He may run as an independent and therefore torch the R candidate a la Perot.  But burning it all down, I think you credit him with way more power than he has, which is next to zero as attested to in the last election.   

mspart

OK, let's talk this out.

The GOP presidential primary is a likely going to be a crowded affair because Trump looks weak.

a) Trump is able to replicate 2016 by getting a plurality, but not a majority, of the delegates and wins like 2016 with weaker candidates dropping out along the way. Trump then gets badly beaten by Biden. ~20 points. And drags down the whole GOP ticket as the Democrats run across the country against the Fat Orange Bloviator, who is likely in serious legal trouble by this point.

b) Trump loses and tells all of his followers that the primary was rigged and 'the most corrupt evAR' and that they should stay home. This likely results in a GOP turnout drop of between %20-30 across the board in most elections.

2 hours ago, jross said:

Biden would win in a landslide if he took the same stance.

1. He clearly didn't write that, or have a hand in writing it, other than blurting out nonsense while his speech writers tried to tune him out to get their work done. 

2. He doesn't believe in free speech, he believes his lies (alternative facts) should go unchecked and unquestioned. If he had the ability he would go Russia/China level censorship of any criticism against him.

Edited by Crotalus
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

OK, let's talk this out.

The GOP presidential primary is a likely going to be a crowded affair because Trump looks weak.

a) Trump is able to replicate 2016 by getting a plurality, but not a majority, of the delegates and wins like 2016 with weaker candidates dropping out along the way. Trump then gets badly beaten by Biden. ~20 points. And drags down the whole GOP ticket as the Democrats run across the country against the Fat Orange Bloviator, who is likely in serious legal trouble by this point.

b) Trump loses and tells all of his followers that the primary was rigged and 'the most corrupt evAR' and that they should stay home. This likely results in a GOP turnout drop of between %20-30 across the board in most elections.

Regarding a), that is a distinct possibility losing that bad.   Hence I am not for him running.  And I agree he will drag them Rs down considerably. 

Regarding b), I think only the strongest Trump supporters  (Trump or nothing. ) may sit out.   That may be enough to skew the election.  But I don't think so.  I think they will get over it.  I hope I am right. 

mspart

On 12/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Mike Parrish said:

I think you could add Car Shield customers and still have the near circle.  "You have the right to protect yourself from..."  

RC51?  Very cool. I have a plain old 2015 VFR, but I also just bought a CBR-1000-RR.  You know, 70 year old guys need 180 HP as much as the young guys.  We don't have as long to enjoy it.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, jross said:

What a stupid, moronic money grab with those cardsThey will sell out, and he'll make a ton of money.  The only recovery is to give the profit away to charity. #embarrasing

This has been Trump forever.  It is what he does, has done, will do.  He's pretty much said he likes 'em dumb.  I'm reminded of a story about how I like 'em...
My wife and I have gone back to the same pizza joint in my "hometown" whenever we are back in town.  The pizza is NY style, thin crust and they use quite a bit of olive oil, so it kinda drips when you pick it up.  Everytime I make it a point to say, "I like my pizza just like my women, thin, hot, and greasy".  She always gives me the same eye roll and head shake.  It's pretty much a tradition for us.  She's truly a Saint!

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

"I like my pizza just like my women, thin, hot, and greasy".  She always gives me the same eye roll and head shake.  It's pretty much a tradition for us.  She's truly a Saint!

That's cute.:classic_blush:

I told my Gal this morning, "I like my women with strong calves and soft hands." 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

This has been Trump forever.  It is what he does, has done, will do.  He's pretty much said he likes 'em dumb.  I'm reminded of a story about how I like 'em...
My wife and I have gone back to the same pizza joint in my "hometown" whenever we are back in town.  The pizza is NY style, thin crust and they use quite a bit of olive oil, so it kinda drips when you pick it up.  Everytime I make it a point to say, "I like my pizza just like my women, thin, hot, and greasy".  She always gives me the same eye roll and head shake.  It's pretty much a tradition for us.  She's truly a Saint!

LOL!  My wife wouldn't get it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I think you could add Car Shield customers and still have the near circle.  "You have the right to protect yourself from..."  

RC51?  Very cool. I have a plain old 2015 VFR, but I also just bought a CBR-1000-RR.  You know, 70 year old guys need 180 HP as much as the young guys.  We don't have as long to enjoy it.

I've also got a Ducati Testastretta S4RS.

I really want a Fireblade for my next bike.