FloArena Date of Execution: September 1st

On 7/23/2023 at 3:50 PM, ionel said:

~75% of the time there's an ad covering the bottom of the bracket so if you are never interested in the #2 seed maybe thats OK.  😞

This is a legitimate issue. What makes it exasperating is that the ad always has an "X" that mocks you. I think you can poke that "X" infinity times.

Also, as Flo subscribers, can we not watch Track videos? It's probably operator error on my part, or is it?

Finally, I realize that tournament organizers are responsible for manning the scoreboard and clock interfaces with Track and Flo, but perhaps they can either (1) implement a better interface, or (2) write the instructions in French and English. 

51093483061_49b8a00a15_o.jpg

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, ionel said:

Ok ... for the dummies on the board can you give the simple 3 step process to view the 23 B1G tournament results/brackets for both Flo & Track?

Something like:

1) drop down - select D1 Results

2) drop down - select March

3) drop down- select B1G Tourney

Flo/Track didn't have rights to B10 tournament this year.

but for tournaments they do have a rights to the process on Track is thus

Browse > Tournaments > Search (Input tournament name) > Brackets > click on icon to watch

TBD

9 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Flo/Track didn't have rights to B10 tournament this year.

but for tournaments they do have a rights to the process on Track is thus

Browse > Tournaments > Search (Input tournament name) > Brackets > click on icon to watch

Not quite, more like:

Browse > Tournaments > Functions > Search (Input tournament name) > Team Scores >

and got this

Screenshot_20230729-192724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a17d9d26ae176145734b745d74b481f.jpg

went back and entered B1G and got nothing.

You pretty much have to fill out half of the search info, date range, state, style wrestling, division etc cause you have no idea exactly how the are going to spell the name of the tournament or event.  But if only there were a D1 College filter.

• Fire 1

On 7/28/2023 at 11:47 AM, ionel said:

Ok ... for the dummies on the board can you give the simple 3 step process to view the 23 B1G tournament results/brackets for both Flo & Track?

Something like:

1) drop down - select D1 Results

2) drop down - select March

3) drop down- select B1G Tourney

1.  Go to Browse

2.  Click Tournaments

3.  Search 2023 Big Ten for the event name, and that's all.

Edited by KCMO2

44 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

1.  Go to Browse

2.  Click Tournaments

3.  Search 2023 Big Ten for the event name, and that's all.

Nope

>3 bar >Browse >Tournaments > ... there is no Search

>3 bar >Browse >Tournaments >Function >Search Events >Event name >2023 Big Ten >Search >select 2023 Big Ten ... >Enter Event >Brackets >select wt class >View >View (2nd time)  Success

12 steps but only if you spelled 2023 Big Ten correctly

and don't make me count all the steps to change weight class or do it all again after a commercial time out.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Nope

>3 bar >Browse >Tournaments > ... there is no Search

>3 bar >Browse >Tournaments >Function >Search Events >Event name >2023 Big Ten >Search >select 2023 Big Ten ... >Enter Event >Brackets >select wt class >View >View (2nd time)  Success

12 steps but only if you spelled 2023 Big Ten correctly

and don't make me count all the steps to change weight class or do it all again after a commercial time out.

The was laptop directions.  On your phone:

1.  Go to trackwrestling.com

2.  Hit Functions

3.  Search 2023 Big Ten

9 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

The was laptop directions.  On your phone:

1.  Go to trackwrestling.com

2.  Hit Functions

3.  Search 2023 Big Ten

What i did above was tablet/phone.  Just repeated on laptop maybe 3 to 4 steps shorter so 8 vs 12 no where close to 3.  And again thats only 8 steps if you know how to spell what you are looking for.  Even @BobDole hasn't figured out a shortcut and he's had an eternity to try every option.  😞

16 hours ago, ionel said:

What i did above was tablet/phone.  Just repeated on laptop maybe 3 to 4 steps shorter so 8 vs 12 no where close to 3.  And again thats only 8 steps if you know how to spell what you are looking for.  Even @BobDole hasn't figured out a shortcut and he's had an eternity to try every option.  😞

The naming thing is something you see on Arena and probably hard to fix unless they give you an option for five "alternative" names for your event. At times if I know a kid wrestled in an event I have event googled his name adding trackwrestling to go to their profile and then click the link through that way.

23 hours ago, ionel said:

Christ, quit being such a whining little snowflake and figure some sh!t out for yourself.

43 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Christ, quit being such a whining little snowflake and figure some sh!t out for yourself.

Hey now ... I'm a full grown snow drift so you just watch yourself.  ❄ 

To celebrate a great Summer for the programs in Champaign, I just finished a video of ILLINI, ILLINI recruits and ILLINI RTC wrestlers getting their hands raised. That video had 85+ ILLINI hands raised. Now I'm working on volume two. The issue I've found doing this project is that Flo videos occasionally stop before a hand gets raised. Sucks for me, right? 

Here is a video on Flo showing Kannon Webster beating his Louisiana opponent in the Junior Freestyle National Duals. But did he win? I mean, officially? The video stops before any hands are raised. 

It is tons of little things like this that grind my gears. Sloppy craftsmanship. If you have a Flo sub, you can see that other ILLINI commits Logan Swaw and Will Baysingar also have their videos cut short in the same dual before hands are raised. 

Whether you are a fan of McDonald's or not, there is no doubt that the company strives to make everything uniform. The type of pickles used, the size of the "meat" patty, the obnoxiousness of the service. They understand details. 

On another note, some of these videos look like the operators carefully coated the lenses with pig fat. We know that the technology exists today to provide a sharp resolution. They were able to do that in Chile for the Pan Ams. And I know that 30 cameras for Fargo is a lot, but I'm also paying a lot. 

FLO.jpg

Recording is programmed to shut off when the result is entered as “final” at the scorers table. When Adam Fenn and I built the system that’s currently being used by Flo (they bought WVS), part of the training for the table workers was save the result after the hand-raise. This is less about FloArena than it is table workers in this case since the system was built upon Trackwrestling first. The closing out of matches scored electronically is what starts and stops the recording and that will vary by event in terms of the level of hands-on training.

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

59 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

To celebrate a great Summer for the programs in Champaign, I just finished a video of ILLINI, ILLINI recruits and ILLINI RTC wrestlers getting their hands raised. That video had 85+ ILLINI hands raised. Now I'm working on volume two. The issue I've found doing this project is that Flo videos occasionally stop before a hand gets raised. Sucks for me, right? 

Here is a video on Flo showing Kannon Webster beating his Louisiana opponent in the Junior Freestyle National Duals. But did he win? I mean, officially? The video stops before any hands are raised. 

It is tons of little things like this that grind my gears. Sloppy craftsmanship. If you have a Flo sub, you can see that other ILLINI commits Logan Swaw and Will Baysingar also have their videos cut short in the same dual before hands are raised. 

Whether you are a fan of McDonald's or not, there is no doubt that the company strives to make everything uniform. The type of pickles used, the size of the "meat" patty, the obnoxiousness of the service. They understand details. 

On another note, some of these videos look like the operators carefully coated the lenses with pig fat. We know that the technology exists today to provide a sharp resolution. They were able to do that in Chile for the Pan Ams. And I know that 30 cameras for Fargo is a lot, but I'm also paying a lot. 

C'mon Man!  There's a simple 10 step process to see all the hand raises, stop whining and just figure it out for yourself (and let us know).

You cleary have the pig fat filter turned on, go to:

>Watch > Replay >Tounaments >Settings >Arena >Biological >Features >Screen >Sub settings >Pig fat >uncheck All unless you want to keep certain pig fats then >Arena >Tournaments >Sreen features >Myprofile >Save

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Recording is programmed to shut off when the result is entered as “final” at the scorers table. When Adam Fenn and I built the system that’s currently being used by Flo (they bought WVS), part of the training for the table workers was save the result after the hand-raise. This is less about FloArena than it is table workers in this case since the system was built upon Trackwrestling first. The closing out of matches scored electronically is what starts and stops the recording and that will vary by event in terms of the level of hands-on training.

Well, that's a pretty smart system you built. I'm going to suggest to Flo and Track that they put in their user interface manual in all-caps and underlined: "THE MATCH ENDS WHEN A HAND IS RAISED, DAGNABIT." And/Or put in their standard contract with tournament organizers, "the party of the second part agrees to have table operators available for training on the scoring consoles ____ minutes before the event begins." Too many times I hear the training is still underway as the matches begin. 

I'm assuming that Flo has their people show up early to set up their cameras and grease the lenses. Do they also train the scorekeepers? 

45 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Well, that's a pretty smart system you built. I'm going to suggest to Flo and Track that they put in their user interface manual in all-caps and underlined: "THE MATCH ENDS WHEN A HAND IS RAISED, DAGNABIT." And/Or put in their standard contract with tournament organizers, "the party of the second part agrees to have table operators available for training on the scoring consoles ____ minutes before the event begins." Too many times I hear the training is still underway as the matches begin. 

I'm assuming that Flo has their people show up early to set up their cameras and grease the lenses. Do they also train the scorekeepers? 

I haven't had a hand in anything streaming ops related since I left USAW over a decade ago. I can only tell you what the case was when we implemented this. 

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

At many events the unpaid volunteers (intentionally redundant) don't know they're going to do it until they walk to the table. When I do an event, I'll often send the host people links to training videos to send out to their people (assuming they know who they are).

Depending on the event- waiting until the hands are raised to click the checkered flag icon- can really slow things down. At a more local event or at something like NHSCA/Super 32/Fargo the next kids are already standing there waiting.

We actually have seen it's best NOT to have older adults doing this. A MS/HS/College age kid is better- even if they're not big time wrestling people. I wasn't involved in the streaming either but did help design the program. Our only streaming concern was that the embedded clock match up with the real visible clock for the purposes of review.

These are the training links I might send out.

Freestyle-

Folkstyle- 

common errors- 

Edited by gimpeltf
  • Fire 2