What would you or I be charged with ( and convicted of ) if we had committed the same tax crimes ( and illegal gun) as Hunter Biden ?

Paul158

• Paul158 changed the title to What would you or I be charged with ( and convicted of ) if we had committed the same tax crimes ( and illegal gun) as Hunter Biden ?

Honestly, I think the more relative question is would other president’s sons receive the same for the crimes they were convicted. And I think the answer to that is yeah…probably. 

I think it goes without saying that any Presidents son would get away with more than you, I, or anyone else around here.  

You would not have been caught.  No way you get busted for the gun, also highly unlikely you get caught on taxes as there is a shortage of personnel at the IRS.

Given you are busted and have similar resources at your disposal, you would get the same treatment he did.  If you don't have money for an army of attorneys, you'd be run over.

35 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honestly, I think the more relative question is would other president’s sons receive the same for the crimes they were convicted. And I think the answer to that is yeah…probably. 

I think it goes without saying that any Presidents son would get away with more than you, I, or anyone else around here.  

I appreciate your answer .You're probably right. But I was wanting to know what you  or I ,just regular Americans would be charged with  and Convicted of. 

Just now, DJT said:

Prosecutors are looking to give the mom of the 6-year-old that shot his teacher in Virginia 18-24 months in prison for the exact same gun crime to which Hunter pleaded guilty (she lied about smoking weed on her gun background check). Sentencing isn’t until October, so we shall see.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna88953

Somebody got shot there, so heads roll.  Probably easiest path to a jail sentence for her.  In his case, the offense is old and victimless plus he won't be rolling over so there is no guarantee of any conviction.

13 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I appreciate your answer .You're probably right. But I was wanting to know what you  or I ,just regular Americans would be charged with  and Convicted of. 

I kinda feel like Plas’ answer above is pretty solid. I’ve read numerous opinions (not social media/chat room but people in law) that say no one first time, guilty plea, would go to jail for this plea. Many would be fined and if without enough funds paying on those fines for a bit. But…that’s opinions. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Somebody got shot there, so heads roll.  Probably easiest path to a jail sentence for her.  In his case, the offense is old and victimless plus he won't be rolling over so there is no guarantee of any conviction.

Yeah, but she didn’t steal from the taxpayers like Hunter did… That’s literally 10’s of millions of victims… and maybe his tax money was the specific money that was supposed to help special needs puppies and kittens find forever homes. Ever think of that? 

Didn’t Hunter (or was it Beau’s wife?) throw said gun in the trash outside a school, then the Secret Service went and retrieved it from the local cops and told them to forget about it? Or is that just a sensationalized version of a true story? So many crazy things surrounding that guy, it’s tough to know what to believe.

Looks like we would have been charged with 2 or 3 counts of federal tax evasion. Looks like 18 to 24 months per charge.  Hunter has paid back most of the 2.3 million dollars owed on the tax and fines with the help from a loan from his LAWYER. Yea right. About 300,000 dollars has sunset for 2015 and 2016 taxes he owed. Its looks like we would probably get some time for the felony gun  charge. Maybe 12 months. Most of do not have money to hire the high lawyers which might help get some of this reduced. So we would get smoked.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I kinda feel like Plas’ answer above is pretty solid. I’ve read numerous opinions (not social media/chat room but people in law) that say no one first time, guilty plea, would go to jail for this plea. Many would be fined and if without enough funds paying on those fines for a bit. But…that’s opinions. 

Thanks for your response.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Why should we care what your wife’s siblings think? Are they lawyers? 🙄

The prosecutors probably didn’t want the hassle of dealing with endless court filings by Hunter’s lawyers and likely having a personal and professional smear campaign waged against them had they not offered a favorable plea deal. It’s just better for everyone involved to slap him on the wrist and part ways.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, DJT said:

The prosecutors probably didn’t want the hassle of dealing with endless court filings by Hunter’s lawyers and likely having a personal and professional smear campaign waged against them had they not offered a favorable plea deal. It’s just better for everyone involved to slap him on the wrist and part ways.

Probably a good idea for them. Live to fight another day. Do you think Hunter can stay out of trouble for the next 2 years ? Thats the plea deal on the gun charge.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Probably a good idea for them. Live to fight another day. Do you think Hunter can stay out of trouble for the next 2 years ? Thats the plea deal on the gun charge.

Depends on if he can procure a steady supply of clean piss… probably regrets abandoning his daughter right about now. 

5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Rapper Kodak Black, then 22 years old, was sentenced in 2019 to 46 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase form in order to buy three guns from a Miami-area shop despite a previous criminal record.

Yes, Mr. Black had a bit of a rap sheet prior to those charges.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_Black

Here's a fun nugget that doesn't even touch on his prior record, just the stuff he had going on at the.time of those federal charges:

"

On May 11, 2019, while preparing to perform at Rolling Loud Miami, Kodak Black was arrested on firearm charges before he could perform. He was arrested by Miami PD and Federal Officers, and faced state and federal charges. This was nearly a month after he was arrested while entering the United States from Canada.[111][112] Kodak Black was charged with two counts of making a false statement on a governmental form, this stemmed from January 2019, where he lied on the form while attempting to purchase firearms. He filed to use his $600,000 home as collateral for his $500,000 bond for the indictments and was granted the bond, being released. He reportedly faced up to 10 years in prison on the charges and pleaded not guilty on May 15. Federal prosecutors, however, attempted to revoke Kodak Black's bail, pointing to past violent crimes, such as a 2012 carjacking incident, and his possible connections to a shooting in March 2019. The arrest had the potential to cause his bond in the 2016 South Carolina rape case to be revoked. Federal prosecutors stated that he posed a danger to society due to his long history of criminal acts as well as his repeated violation of past probation rules. Kodak Black's lawyer stated that he voluntarily turned himself in upon hearing of a warrant and that he was not a danger to society due to the crime being non-violent.[113][114][115] It was reported by TMZ on November 13, 2019, that Kodak Black had taken a plea bargain and had been sentenced to 46 months in prison, a drastically shorter sentence than the 96 months that the courts had been considering as the rapper had been involved in a fight while incarcerated that involved injury to a prison guard.[116]

On March 11, 2020, Kodak Black pleaded guilty to a firearms possession case he was charged with after being detained at the Canadian-American border with a Glock. With the sentencing set for March 24, the court considered between 2 and 7 years in prison, which would run concurrently with his 46-month sentencing for lying on federal paperwork.[117]

In June 2020, Kodak Black was serving his federal sentence at United States Penitentiary, Big Sandy, a high-security prison in Inez, Kentucky. In October 2020, Kodak Black was transferred to United States Penitentiary, Thomson.[118]

On January 19, 2021, President Donald Trump commuted Kodak Black's sentence for his 2020 conviction.[119] Kodak Black still faced charges of criminal sexual assault in Florence, South Carolina,[120] which prosecutors were looking to "aggressively" pursue."

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Here's a fun nugget that doesn't even touch on his prior record, just the stuff he had going on at the.time of those federal charges:

"

On May 11, 2019, while preparing to perform at Rolling Loud Miami, Kodak Black was arrested on firearm charges before he could perform. He was arrested by Miami PD and Federal Officers, and faced state and federal charges. This was nearly a month after he was arrested while entering the United States from Canada.[111][112] Kodak Black was charged with two counts of making a false statement on a governmental form, this stemmed from January 2019, where he lied on the form while attempting to purchase firearms. He filed to use his $600,000 home as collateral for his $500,000 bond for the indictments and was granted the bond, being released. He reportedly faced up to 10 years in prison on the charges and pleaded not guilty on May 15. Federal prosecutors, however, attempted to revoke Kodak Black's bail, pointing to past violent crimes, such as a 2012 carjacking incident, and his possible connections to a shooting in March 2019. The arrest had the potential to cause his bond in the 2016 South Carolina rape case to be revoked. Federal prosecutors stated that he posed a danger to society due to his long history of criminal acts as well as his repeated violation of past probation rules. Kodak Black's lawyer stated that he voluntarily turned himself in upon hearing of a warrant and that he was not a danger to society due to the crime being non-violent.[113][114][115] It was reported by TMZ on November 13, 2019, that Kodak Black had taken a plea bargain and had been sentenced to 46 months in prison, a drastically shorter sentence than the 96 months that the courts had been considering as the rapper had been involved in a fight while incarcerated that involved injury to a prison guard.[116]

On March 11, 2020, Kodak Black pleaded guilty to a firearms possession case he was charged with after being detained at the Canadian-American border with a Glock. With the sentencing set for March 24, the court considered between 2 and 7 years in prison, which would run concurrently with his 46-month sentencing for lying on federal paperwork.[117]

In June 2020, Kodak Black was serving his federal sentence at United States Penitentiary, Big Sandy, a high-security prison in Inez, Kentucky. In October 2020, Kodak Black was transferred to United States Penitentiary, Thomson.[118]

On January 19, 2021, President Donald Trump commuted Kodak Black's sentence for his 2020 conviction.[119] Kodak Black still faced charges of criminal sexual assault in Florence, South Carolina,[120] which prosecutors were looking to "aggressively" pursue."

… clearly a reflection of the systemic racism in our justice system.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, DJT said:

I’ve said it before to others, I will repeat. Joking, innocent, whatever, I do not care. Don’t bring my wife into a conversation. Ever. 

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

"

wondering why hunter has no 'rap sheet'

37 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

um, you brought your wife's siblings in to it...

I’m all for jokes and games, and I really feel I shouldn’t feel the need to do this, but since you can’t pick up on a very serious tone that I am not joking, here it is: 

For the past year my wife has been battling a very rare, very aggressive form of cancer. With that comes a very aggressive treatment plan.  Seven surgeries, including one to take a footballs worth of skin off her back to cover the crater in her arm where they cut out the tumor, 11 sessions of radiation, and now in month six of chemo, the first four months weekly, until it broke her down so bad she had nothing left, and they switched it to bi-weekly. She has had to take on this fight while we have dragged our four teenagers through six different rental homes, because in the middle of this fight, a cat 5 hurricane dropped on our heads and we’ve been trying to get our home put back together since September. That’s included the aggravation of two lawsuits fighting with our insurance, and depleting our funds  to rebuild our house until we can get that suit settled.  

I joined here a few months ago for an escape , yeah a shit talking get away from the way I have to be in the real world and cut loose escape. And I know I’ve thrown my share of shit on here. But I also know that there’s a time to understand when something is off the table, and when someone makes a very sincere statement about leaving their family out, you do it. You don’t have to understand why, you just respect the limits. 

Have a nice day. 

• Fire 1