2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

So what you’re saying is, it’s people’s willingness to kick someone’s ass for burning the flag that gives it any meaning, because without the asskicking, it would be little more than an inconsequential temper tantrum?

If someone is willing to kick a fellow American’s ass over a flag burning, but not willing to listen to their reasons for it, they may be part of the problem.

America has never been and never will be perfect but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to improve everything for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

America has never been and never will be perfect but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to improve everything for everyone.

That’s all good and well, but who gets to pick the winners and losers when affirming the rights of one violates the rights of another?

The answer is, your rights end where mine begin, but there has been a “progressive” push to diminish that separation. When the extent of one’s rights becomes muddled, people begin giving up rights, some willingly, others forced. That’s not an improvement for anyone.

(This has nothing to do with flag burning… more to do with the general state of our country right now from 2nd amendment to affirmative action to gay cakes to preferred pronouns to trans sports to…)

17 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And next week the whole neighborhood will be experts in….I don’t know….reverse engineering of UFO’s?

UFO reverse-engineering? I think that might have been a couple weeks ago... and again, a few months before that. Probably more times.

I was agreeing with you. People pretend to be experts on social media - THAT is exactly what makes it such a poor source of actual information. Read something new on Facebook recently, good chance it's false or heavily slanted. Twitter, same. And here... same.

Social media is all about people chiming in about things they don't know much about. It's like the professional wrestling vs real wrestling. Social media isn't real information - it's entertainment. Nothing more. Some don't see either point (which is truly a shame.)

When there's a conference of experts meeting to discuss current medical issues, I can guarantee the (so many) Covid "experts" around here won't be in attendance. (Except... there are always a few who are knowledgable who try to keep everything from going off the rails. The thing is, it is difficult to sort out which is which.)

This is the non-wrestling topic, but even when we get back to wrestling (lord, I can't wait for that day), we'll still have wrestling newbies pretending to know more than anyone else (they're easier to pick out because we have a lengthy list of wrestling expertise here.)

15 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

wow. to think some on here think you actually know things.

You edited my quote to remove the point I was making. I was in a discussion with another poster about it being an assault rifle or just a deer rifle.

If your intent is to misdirect and fool people, keep editing quotes and cherry-picking certain parts to fit your message. If you're going to be dishonest, go full on.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

well.. could we at least look at what they use? ;

NONE has an ar 15 in battle

MANY used shotguns in vietnam...

You can look at whatever you like to look at. My point was clear, count me out.

There's a certain threshold that, if the conversation drops below it, I opt out. I'm not calling anyone dumb, but that doesn't mean that I will participate in a dumb conversation.

15 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You have me confused with GWN. I do not hang any of my arguments on what AR stands for.

Hey WKN, thanks for the shout out! 

Yes I did hang my argument on what AR stands for. It is a category, it is not any specific weapon. Over time, the actual weapons that used the prefix "AR" changed... drastically. So arguing about it being a specific weapon is just not credible. All AR's aren't military assault rifles and all AR's aren't can shooters.

Remember the gas powered V8, rear-wheel drive Mustang that debuted in 1965 (1964 1/2 actually... just so angry detail mongers don't attempt to attack me even further.) That thing was one of the original "muscle cars" - awesome vehicles, burning gas and rubber all over the country with unprecedented popularity. Great cars.

But wait - some clown looks up Mustang on the internet and tells me I'm wrong because it's an electric car. Are they right... sort of. Am I right... yes. So why are they going nutso?

Yep. That's what they do.

16 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

i still haven't seen any quash of violence from the left on rap music

16 hours ago, Paul158 said:

And you never will. That is off limits for some reason.

If you feel rap music with violent themes should be "quash"'d - then by all means, go for it. Make a difference!

I'm no fan of violent reap music (kill the cops, etc) either. I'd probably support your efforts. Again - go for it!

On the other hand, if you just sit quietly by as others who want to make a difference actually show up and make their personal concerns into action... and they succeed while you don't due to lack of action.

Then they did something, and you're just pathetic for whining about it when you didn't show up.

On 7/25/2023 at 10:34 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Except that an "AR-15" is an "Assault Rifle." Thus the "AR" in the name... it's designed to kill people, not deer.

Any notion that an assault rifle is a small deer rifle is beyond silly.

It's like saying a small 6-cylinder engine is somehow slower than an 8-cylinder. Try telling that to Formula 1 racing.

ok. so here is the entire post.. unedited..

nowhere in it do you repudiate your ignorance about AR standing for assault rifle.

and no the ar hasn't changed except that it has many other companies making similar versions based on the same platform.

.223 is the caliber

a .22 is also a caliber... the .223 is slightly larger. not much. and not a good deer rifle in my opinion. the thing that makes it different is the charge behind the projectile.

a .22 with the same charge behind it would be just as deadly.. though it is already deadly enough

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

ok. so here is the entire post.. unedited..

nowhere in it do you repudiate your ignorance about AR standing for assault rifle.

and no the ar hasn't changed except that it has many other companies making similar versions based on the same platform.

.223 is the caliber

a .22 is also a caliber... the .223 is slightly larger. not much. and not a good deer rifle in my opinion. the thing that makes it different is the charge behind the projectile.

a .22 with the same charge behind it would be just as deadly.. though it is already deadly enough

Just so we are clear - the AR acronym is independent of it's assault rifle classification.

Just now, Plasmodium said:

Just so we are clear - the AR acronym is independent of it's assault rifle classification.

thats not what he said.

and using your definition.. .the only reason its 'classified' as an assault rifle... is because it LOOKS like an assault rifle.

• Fire 2

Biography - Woody Guthrie Center | Tulsa, OK

Masters of War – Japanese Version – THE SHORROCK FILES

Rage Against The Machine

Killing In The Name

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses

Killing in the name of
Killing in the name of

And now you do what they told ya

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Not quite.  "resembles" is far from equivalent to "looks"

ok, so how , other than it's look does it resemble it...

b/c without select fire, it is nothing.

militaries use assault rifles. do you know any military that uses an ar 15 ? 

6 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Biography - Woody Guthrie Center | Tulsa, OK

Masters of War – Japanese Version – THE SHORROCK FILES

Rage Against The Machine

Killing In The Name

Killing in the name of
Killing in the name of

Is that a photoshop of Bezos?! 😂

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I'd send him some homemade wine
But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life

I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes
And shoot him with my old .45
'Cause a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

ok, so how , other than it's look does it resemble it...

b/c without select fire, it is nothing.

militaries use assault rifles. do you know any military that uses an ar 15 ? 

I know a military that formerly used an AR.  Does that count?

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I'd send him some homemade wine
But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life

I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes
And shoot him with my old .45
'Cause a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive