James Green is back with NWTC

Dogbone

Interesting timing for this announcement. Seems like JG has always been a tweener for the Olympic weights. Not powerful enough to bump up and beat the best at 74kg, but too strenuous of a cut to 65kg to compete at the peak levels he reached at 70kg in non-Olympic seasons. Another guy who seems to fit in this same category is Zain Retherford.

Hoping James can beat the odds.

• Fire 1

PNWfan

I would be very surprised if JG can make the team at 65. But anything is possible. At his age I think that he would be better off physically going to 74. But I don’t see him getting past Nolf or Dake. Maybe this is a long term strategy to try and get back on the team at 70 in 2025. 

On 6/29/2023 at 3:45 PM, de4856 said:

I would be very surprised if JG can make the team at 65. But anything is possible. At his age I think that he would be better off physically going to 74. But I don’t see him getting past Nolf or Dake. Maybe this is a long term strategy to try and get back on the team at 70 in 2025. 

To make the team at 65kg he would have to go through Nick Lee, Yianni and McKenna. To make the team at 74 he would have to go through Dake, JB, Nolf...