Live: Coup in Russia

headshuck

14 hours ago, Le duke said:

Money says he doesn’t die a natural death, and that he dies in the next year.

Polonium something something.

His guys killed a good number of Russian servicemen yesterday and made Putin scoot on down the dusty trail from Moscow. It’s an embarrassment he’s not going to forget or forgive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife and I think the same thing. Armed insurrection is always bad for someone's health.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

He has 25,000 experienced, battle hardened soldiers in his command. He has full scale and modern weaponry.  He just rolled - not only unopposed but actively joined by the Russian army - to within 120 miles of Moscow proper.  The Russian army is obviously preoccupied elsewhere. That dude isn't going anywhere.

21 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

He has 25,000 experienced, battle hardened soldiers in his command. He has full scale and modern weaponry.  He just rolled - not only unopposed but actively joined by the Russian army - to within 120 miles of Moscow proper.  The Russian army is obviously preoccupied elsewhere. That dude isn't going anywhere.

But who pays those troops? They are mercenaries. They are in it for the pay.

With Prigozhin in exile he certainly isn't collecting from the Russian government. So were does the money come from to keep those troops "loyal"? And it cannot help that Russia is offering those who did not participate, contracts to join the Russian army. This is one of the things that was said to have set off Prigozhin in the first place. It threatens his control/power.

27 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But who pays those troops? They are mercenaries. They are in it for the pay.

With Prigozhin in exile he certainly isn't collecting from the Russian government. So were does the money come from to keep those troops "loyal"? And it cannot help that Russia is offering those who did not participate, contracts to join the Russian army. This is one of the things that was said to have set off Prigozhin in the first place. It threatens his control/power.

He does, which will require a quick resolution to this. If he feels he is going to be assassinated, there is going to be serious bloodshed and sooner rather than later.  He won't roll over to be executed.

This is a crazy situation really.   Prigozhin is now a walking dead man.   I think he knows it.   He has refuge in Belarus, whose dictator is a friend of Putin's.   If Prigozhin can't pay his mercenaries, what do they do?   Disband or run amok?   They have been given a pardon but we all know that could be changed at anytime.   In fact, they are probably on borrowed time as well.   Only the Wagner boys that didn't march to Moscow have a silver lining in that they can come to the Russia Army.  

Wagner marched on Rostov and Rostov cheered them on.   They went unopposed by the locals until they stopped and turned around. 

Putin either nearly lost it or created an exquisite ruse to clean house.   Time will tell on this and on Prigozhin's life expectancy.  

My opinion is Putin is weakened and Prigozhin has limited time left on this earth. 

mspart

• Fire 2

Now Wagner folks get to choose, join Russian Army or go to Belarus.   Knowing that Prigozhin's days are numbered, I feel like most would go to the Army.   But then again, they will most likely get the toughest assignments (ie:  suicidal assignments).  Maybe Putin wanted to get rid of Wagner and it is taking effect now.  Maybe he's brilliant, maybe he's lucky. 

mspart

31 minutes ago, headshuck said:

We could probably send 6 billion over to fund the group of 150.

It might take that. Bloomberg had a story today about the Wagner Groups business interests in Africa. Gold mines, breweries, and much more. They provide forces to back whatever local despot in exchange for a free reign to crush competitors (i.e. fire bomb a competing brewery). All of it endorsed by the Russian government as they try to increase their influence and control in sub-Saharan Africa.