Budapest Ranking Tournament

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Can someone please explain why Ramirez and Hale are the “highest” on the ladder to be extended invites to a ranking tournament? USAW may as well have sent me.

Do you know if prior invites were sent out and passed on?  Brooks for example is going to U23's so he would have passed.  I believe O'toole is too, so that would explain those entries.

57 kg: Zane Richards
WIN - 10-0 over Beka Bujiashvili, GEO
WIN - 17-6 over Valizadeh, IRI

65 kg: Nick Lee
WIN - 10-0 over Josh Finesilver, ISR
Win - 10-0 over OSmonov, KGV

WIN - 10-0 over Osmonov, KGV

74 kg: Julian Ramirez
LOSS - 6-6 to Byungmin Gong. KOR

86 kg: Max Hale
LOSS - 6-2 to Dauren Kurugliev, GRE

92 kg: Zahid Valencia
LOSS - 6-3 to Amirali Azarpira, IRI
WIN - 8-1 over Denys Sahaliuk, UKR

125 kg: Mason Parris
WIN - 10-0 over Abraham Conyedo, ITA (World/Olympic Bronze)

Edited by MPhillips
  • Fire 4

21 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Do you know if prior invites were sent out and passed on?  Brooks for example is going to U23's so he would have passed.  I believe O'toole is too, so that would explain those entries.

8 people (nine if you include Zahid) would have said no before they landed at Hale. Ramirez didn’t even place at the US Open so his ladder spot is purely hypothetical. This is no offense to Ramirez or Hale, all shade is thrown toward USAW.

I’m surprised Brooks declined the opportunity to compete abroad. Even Taylor competed at the Spanish Grand Prix…

If we sent Mitch Messenbrink and Bennet Berge at least they would have gotten a peek at the senior level.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

8 people (nine if you include Zahid) would have said no before they landed at Hale. Ramirez didn’t even place at the US Open so his ladder spot is purely hypothetical. This is no offense to Ramirez or Hale, all shade is thrown toward USAW.

I’m surprised Brooks declined the opportunity to compete abroad. Even Taylor competed at the Spanish Grand Prix…

If we sent Mitch Messenbrink and Bennet Berge at least they would have gotten a peek at the senior level.

But….again….do you know who was invited and passed? 

11 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

So….you don’t know, you don’t have any clue. You just know you’re right. 

Congrats. Looks like you earned yourself some applause. 

You’re missing the forest for the trees my dude

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

If missing the forest means I just want to throw out blame and double and triple down on it when I have absolutely no clue what I’m talking about…..yeah, I miss the forest quite often. 

Brother it's not that serious over here in the International Forum. You don't have to be ready to battle to the death like you do over on the political board...

• Fire 2

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Richards loss hurts but Parris over Deng is a solid win. He’s getting a bit long in the tooth but is likely still a bronze match gatekeeper.

I swear he had Smanbekov's ankle or foot four or five times between slide-bys and sweep singles. The foreign fella did win the last ranking tournament, and Zane'll hang on next time. Time to get some bronze ranking points. 

42 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I swear he had Smanbekov's ankle or foot four or five times between slide-bys and sweep singles. The foreign fella did win the last ranking tournament, and Zane'll hang on next time. Time to get some bronze ranking points. 

That was tough seeing him unable to finish. Hopefully he bounces back for bronze in a couple hours because he was really feeling it this morning.

28 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Tone doesn’t come across in text. It’s all good. 

It's all good I just shitpost on here when I want to look away from my other monitors and step away from work for a few minutes

• Fire 3

7 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Vito starts his tournament with Abakarov from Albania - the 57 kg World Champ who beat Gilman last year - should be interesting.

Agree w/ that.

He'll start @ 4:30am EDT... bright & early.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.