Et tu, USA wrestling

jross

Previous years, a former staffer was handling the social media graphics. That person doesn't work at USAW any longer. There have been two new hires and the most recent has been thrust into two back-to-back weekends. Maybe the simple reason is they're just now getting to it after having to get people up-to-speed on the events-related part of the gig. I've been in the role, so I speak from experience in this type of situation - not everything is some underlying agenda or conspiracy. 

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

17 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Or it could simply be a manpower and training issue in that department. Which it is.

you do love to make excuses for USAW...

and i get it...

but...

considering the absolutely ridiculous climate in this country and the many well known gay athletes in the organization, it sure seems like just another example of of USAW being USAW...

but hey...

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by Coach Josh

Have you worked in the communications department there? Did you build their social media accounts and following?

I’m the only one on this board with that direct experience and direct knowledge of how the responsibilities of the comms department is.

So when presented with a viable truth from someone with direct experience, you would rather not believe it?

41 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Have you worked in the communications department there? Did you build their social media accounts and following?

I’m the only one on this board with that direct experience and direct knowledge of how the responsibilities of the comms department is.

So when presented with a viable truth from someone with direct experience, you would rather not believe it?

it is a piss poor excuse no matter how you want to paint it...

it took 3 weeks for someone to put out a generic tweet on a subject that is at the forefront in this country...

and knowing how USAW is horrible at their overall job, i am less inclined to give them the pass that you so desperately want to give them in every area...

no matter, brother...

So you, as someone with no experience in the role or how NGB social media and communication staffing works, has the experience to say it’s a piss poor excuse?

Don’t accept it, that’s on you - doesn’t make it not true.

You don’t have to like facts - but that’s what they are.

giphy.gif

Just now, Jason Bryant said:

So you, as someone with no experience in the role or how NGB social media and communication staffing works, has the experience to say it’s a piss poor excuse?

Don’t accept it, that’s on you - doesn’t make it not true.

Don’t like it, fine. Complain about it some more.

giphy.gif

cry me a river, jason...

you are playing your role right now...

you do it all the time...

whatever...

a generic tweet 17 days into the month when your sport has a large percentage of openly gay competitors while this country is embroiled in a constant media battle on gay issues is silly and just another example of USAW failing at their stated mission...

And not every observation is a conspiracy theory.   I can't say I have worked in USAW's social media department, but I have worked in NGB offices, and know the ability to multi-task is paramount.  Working on the plane in flight, working at the hotel/dorm room on your laptop at 12am, regular communication with the national office no matter where you are on the planet,  keeping tabs on the to do list no matter the time and location.    

It's a valid point, a post could have been sent off in two minutes while making sure the chair and tray-tables are locked in the upright position.....

I don't have the angst toward USAW as LJB, although I can certainly understand why he does, but if we don't bring up how we can do better, how do we get better?  No matter the area we are talking about.

i can not tell you how many hotel rooms/gyms/passenger seats of cars i have worked in while being a part of this sport...

but...

some always have the best excuses for when they drop the ball...

accountability is just not an important thing for some...

11 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And not every observation is a conspiracy theory.   I can't say I have worked in USAW's social media department, but I have worked in NGB offices, and know the ability to multi-task is paramount.  Working on the plane in flight, working at the hotel/dorm room on your laptop at 12am, regular communication with the national office no matter where you are on the planet,  keeping tabs on the to do list no matter the time and location.    

It's a valid point, a post could have been sent off in two minutes while making sure the chair and tray-tables are locked in the upright position.....

I don't have the angst toward USAW as LJB, although I can certainly understand why he does, but if we don't bring up how we can do better, how do we get better?  No matter the area we are talking about.

So many more moving parts than what you describe in this particular instance. Some people don't want to hear the facts, so I spared them (and the rest of the board) a long, thoughtful response because it'd just be a waste of my time. If you're interested in the process in this particular instance, my DMs are open. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

So many more moving parts than what you describe in this particular instance. Some people don't want to hear the facts, so I spared them (and the rest of the board) a long, thoughtful response because it'd just be a waste of my time. If you're interested in the process in this particular instance, my DMs are open. 

everyone that looks for one can find an excuse, jason...

i fully understand why you white knight for all your guys...

2 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

I understand that, not all instances are the same.  I think the point is if it TRULY was a priority, it would have been on the priority list to get it done.   The pretending is the issue.

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I understand that, not all instances are the same.  I think the point is if it TRULY was a priority, it would have been on the priority list to get it done.   The pretending is the issue.

and that is it in a nutshell...

if it truly was a priority it would have been taken care of quickly and easily...

but...

the athletes are not a priority for USAW...

50 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

No matter the time or day @LJB would be upset, let's just accept that.

Not only were the new people in a period of transition and huge event madness, but would there have been complaints if the post was shoved in between Final X match promotion or results? I could only imagine the uproar of USAW posting that Kyle Dake won Final X then the Pride month tweet, then something about David Taylor.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BobDole said:

No matter the time or day @LJB would be upset, let's just accept that.

Not only were the new people in a period of transition and huge event madness, but would there have been complaints if the post was shoved in between Final X match promotion or results? I could only imagine the uproar of USAW posting that Kyle Dake won Final X then the Pride month tweet, then something about David Taylor.

How long did it take you to write this response?