Original Final X Thread

13 minutes ago, DJT said:

There is no if. No if’s, no gray area, no mitigating circumstances. It is a clear, hard and fast rule.

The punishment, however, is less clear-cut. It could be anything from temporary restrictions [Travel / Lodging Restriction(s), Coaching / Training Restriction(s), No Contact Directive(s), No Unsupervised Coaching / Training] to a suspension to permanent ineligibility.

or absolutely nothing if the powers that be could not possibly care less about adhering to their own guidelines...

• Fire 1

Just now, LJB said:

or absolutely nothing if the powers that be could not possibly care less about adhering to their own guidelines...

Unfortunately, that is also true… perhaps they’ll give him a stern talking to. 🙄

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

While reading it, I imagined the return of TBar and the two battling it out.

I'm reminiscing of winters past having a few beers with a bag of Doritos, & working my way through 7 pages of MSU/TBar banter on the old forum

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm reminiscing of winters past having a few beers with a bag of Doritos, & working my way through 7 pages of MSU/TBar banter on the old forum

hhhhhmmmmmm...

Fun Wow GIF by Frito-Lay

1 minute ago, DJT said:

I couldn’t read any more of that… it’s an infuriating mix of simpleton logic, petty squabbling and bad political takes.

it was no different than when the mouth breathers were on the original thread here...

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, LJB said:

it was no different than when the mouth breathers were on the original thread here...

I didn't think the discussion itself here was bad, but understand Willie taking it down and stinks that it happened in the Final X thread.    The HR thread went off the rails though.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Meh, I think it shows incredibly bad judgement, especially on the part of the boss.   Only way I could excuse it would be if they obtained permission from their own supervisor or higher-ups prior to starting or possibly immediately after starting the relationship (which of course would not be an option with he who shall not be named if Safesport has clear rules against it).

I am sure it's been used successfully as a solution in corporate America before.  Though it certainly wouldn't work in many situations and I wasn't suggesting it as a solution here, just finishing the analogy. 

In corporate America there can be a very wide spectrum of circumstances, much wider than seen in sport.  In the case of player and coach there is almost always a large age difference and often times the player is very young at the start of a career and the coach old enough to be retired from competition.  It is shocking how common player-coach relationships are in the women's tennis.  Almost always a much older coach that has potentially been coaching the individual since their teenage years.  Seems totally unprofessional.  

20 hours ago, LJB said:

athletes not being allowed to practice at RTCs for speaking up...

bullying types of behaviors...

stuff like that...

i am sure there is more stuff i am not aware of...

this is the way it goes...

That's some petty amateur BS and completely pathetic, to be honest. 

• Fire 1

This is starting to sound like it has a federal lawsuit written all over it for a myriad of reasons, whistleblower protection, notwithstanding. If it comes to that, top USAW heads would roll at the USOC’s behest.

Probably going to be tarred and feathered for this.  Here it goes …

It is a good thing to hear multiple sides to a story.  

I have no info on this situation and it sounds really bad.  

In general though, I’ve learned to get more perspectives before judging too harshly many people whose names are implicated via accusations.  I may judge anyway, I’m not perfect.  

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, DJT said:

This is starting to sound like it has a federal lawsuit written all over it for a myriad of reasons, whistleblower protection, notwithstanding. If it comes to that, top USAW heads would roll at the USOC’s behest.

What makes you say that?  I feel like we haven’t seen much information about it.  I think it’s more likely we never hear anything official about it than there’s a federal lawsuit, a la the “Michigan and Iowa recruiting violations” that were supposedly reported.

Might’ve been on HR where a poster said there was someone in the Safesport database with the same name and location as he shall not be named, but it says they were already ineligible and were listed under soccer.  Pretty confident that is referring to one of the people listed in this article, and is not he who shall not be named - https://ktar.com/story/4058932/34-valley-child-sex-crime-suspects-arrested-in-operation-broken-hearts/

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

What makes you say that?  I feel like we haven’t seen much information about it.  I think it’s more likely we never hear anything official about it than there’s a federal lawsuit, a la the “Michigan and Iowa recruiting violations” that were supposedly reported.

Or maybe there is a federal lawsuit a la the "Michigan State and Larry Nassar violations." Remember, that case went from 0-100 publicly in a matter of hours. Not weeks, not days, hours. There is potential for the same given the level of allegations against Voldemort et al. Time will tell.

i am an idiot on the internet

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

What bnwtwg said, retaliatory practices, failure to maintain a safe work environment, non-action on sexual assault/harassment complaints, etc... and this is all under that auspices of the sport's National Governing Body.  Luckily, big media doesn't care too much about women anymore, unless those women have penises, because they could take this story and blow it up using a selective narrative they've grown so adept at using in recent years. 

25 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Or maybe there is a federal lawsuit a la the "Michigan State and Larry Nassar violations." Remember, that case went from 0-100 publicly in a matter of hours. Not weeks, not days, hours. There is potential for the same given the level of allegations against Voldemort et al. Time will tell.

I don't remember the exact timeline of the publicity of that (I have watched some documentaries about it though), but it also might depend on how you're defining "the case."  There was an article about coverup of sexual abuse in general at USAG but I believe not naming Nassar, in August 2016.  Then the story about Nassar didn't come out until over a month later.

Nonetheless, it's now multiple times I've seen that posters have compared this case to Nassar's.   Considering the extent of his crimes those are some bold claims.  I really hope that's not the case.