Aaron Brooks says NLWC coaches “did someone dirty” at 2021 OTT

10 hours ago, fishbane said:

Are there major world religions that don't have conflicting beliefs?  It would seem to me that if anyone accepted all teachings of any major religion as true that would result in a logical conclusion that some central belief of a competing religion is false.  Should athletes only talk about aspects of their religion that don't conflict with other major religions at press conferences?

It’s best to have flexible morals… at least when dealing with mummies.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

To the original question of this thread, the only head to head for the OTT was DT vs BO. DT had Cunningham in his corner and Bo had Cody.  Not sure what else he would be talking about unless there was something in the challenge tournament.   

Aaron Brooks was in that bracket with Taylor and Nickal too.  Presumably his opinion on the matter would be highly relevant.

Did Nick Lee wrestle Retherford in the consolations?  Even if they did wrestle I can't imagine Brooks was referring to that.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Aaron Brooks was in that bracket with Taylor and Nickal too.  Presumably his opinion on the matter would be highly relevant.

Did Nick Lee wrestle Retherford in the consolations?  Even if they did wrestle I can't imagine Brooks was referring to that.

I could be wrong but, I don't think Lee and Retherford wrestled in that tournament.  The last time they wrestled I believe Lee dominated Zain.  It was the same tournament that Lee beat Yianni 16-8.  

53 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I could be wrong but, I don't think Lee and Retherford wrestled in that tournament.  The last time they wrestled I believe Lee dominated Zain.  It was the same tournament that Lee beat Yianni 16-8.  

Lee beat Retherford and Diakomihalis in the consolation bracket at OTT in 2021.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

19 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Brooks has no idea what he's talking about-it's sad to see such ignorance on display.  Everybody knows God prefers overhooks. No false prophet, no underhooks. 

Also something that I've been wondering-we already saw from Tebow that God is a huge football fan in the fall (and not a fan of the forward pass). It's clear from so many wrestlers that his winter sport is wrestling..What sport does he watch in the Spring?

....Duke Basketball?

Gotta be one of these two teams...

13 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

To the original question of this thread, the only head to head for the OTT was DT vs BO. DT had Cunningham in his corner and Bo had Cody.  Not sure what else he would be talking about unless there was something in the challenge tournament.   

Pretty sure Starocci and Nickal wrestled in the opening round. Perhaps that is what Brooks is alluding to.

• Fire 1

PNWfan

3 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

Incorrect. Starocci and Nickal wrestled opening round of Olympic Trials in 2021. Nickal victorious 6-1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_Olympic_Team_Trials_(wrestling)#Brackets

Wow,  I don't remember Starocci and Brooks being in the same weight class.   But,, I guess when you drop 4 weight classes for the Olympics shit happens.  

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Who did Brooks lose to?  Could he be referring to himself? 

On the front side he lost to Zahid.  On the back side Downey.

Maybe Starocci?  With 4 wrestlers in one bracket perhaps the one they felt had the worst chance of winning the spot felt like they didn't put enough time into his preparation.

Full brackets - https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=600803132

Edited by fishbane