Come on, Flow. You're not even trying now.

7 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Oh I do the multiple tabs, add data from one excel to another. and can merge and freeze cells. It’s the formula stuff that gets me. 

Im forced to use google sheets a lot which is annoying as well. Because I usually need to share the data easily or update it so people can see right away. Can’t do as much apparently and none of the excel hotkeys I’ve tried looking up to save time work on sheets 

praise odin...

i didn't want to assume...

i am doing to grunt work for AI to start recognizing scanned PDFs that are sometimes the quality of old mimeograph copies and handwriting...

when i talk to my boss about what he is trying to do i feel like how cinnabon must feel everyday of his life...

equal parts humbling and horrifying...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LJB said:

praise odin...

i didn't want to assume...

i am doing to grunt work for AI to start recognizing scanned PDFs that are sometimes the quality of old mimeograph copies and handwriting...

when i talk to my boss about what he is trying to do i feel like how cinnabon must feel everyday of his life...

equal parts humbling and horrifying...

I mean apparently I don’t know a basic excel function so I don’t blame you.

Especially because in a school with 60+ teachers.. I’m the only one who tells the Tech guys when the copier is down or out of ink..

8 hours ago, BobDole said:

I'm not concerned about the mistake, it's moreso seeing that a mistake was made and fixing it ASAP. Their site is basically a custom Wordpress site with nothing spectacular. It looks like they are adding some custom tables for wrestler profiles with results and such. <sarcasm>I would have no idea where they would get that idea.</sarcasm> 

Last year I was randomly selected to go over things I liked and disliked on their website. I also got to preview potential future enhancements. One of the best things was seeing a page that looked VERY similar to a page on another website. It was an interesting process especially because I'm a poweruser of TrackWrestling.

I mean they are using Tailwinds for styling and a decently updated version of Angular (14.3) so it's a relatively modern frontend stack... 

50 minutes ago, nick said:

I mean they are using Tailwinds for styling and a decently updated version of Angular (14.3) so it's a relatively modern frontend stack... 

But Tailwinds forces the extra html layer on top and is for n00bs. Remember, they are based in Austin which is a bonafide tech hub so it’s not for a lack of talent. Bootstraps ftw. 

Their custom deployment of Angular is fine for the Flo “front page” but is the likely root behind their third party API issues I mentioned previously re: FloArena.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, nick said:

But, if the backend data store is utter garbage, like excel spreadsheets being manually edited and apparently exported incorrectly, we end up where we are today...

51 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

But Tailwinds forces the extra html layer on top and is for n00bs. Remember, they are based in Austin which is a bonafide tech hub so it’s not for a lack of talent. Bootstraps ftw. 

Their custom deployment of Angular is fine for the Flo “front page” but is the likely root behind their third party API issues I mentioned previously re: FloArena.

Tailwinds isn’t my cup of tea, but I mean that’s a whole other discussion … I’ve used it on a React ticketing application and can see the pros/cons 

Im just mentioning it and Angular as they are running a modern stack, not a Wordpress site on a shared server somewhere. That’s it’s a shame they have something relatively modern and letting it down with bad data

• Fire 1

This whole thing speaks to a larger issue with wrestling in general… 

Much of our community wants it both ways 

They want the recognition, support, and resources of the big sports…

But refuse, don’t want to, or whine about being expected to do the things that those big sports do. I’m willing to bet money that this sort of thing doesn’t happen or get fixed real quick in basketball/football stuff and jobs might be on the line. 

If we want to be treated like we belong up there we need to act like it

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, nick said:

Tailwinds isn’t my cup of tea, but I mean that’s a whole other discussion … I’ve used it on a React ticketing application and can see the pros/cons 

Im just mentioning it and Angular as they are running a modern stack, not a Wordpress site on a shared server somewhere. That’s it’s a shame they have something relatively modern and letting it down with bad data

spacer.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

This whole thing speaks to a larger issue with wrestling in general… 

Much of our community wants it both ways 

They want the recognition, support, and resources of the big sports…

But refuse, don’t want to, or whine about being expected to do the things that those big sports do. I’m willing to bet money that this sort of thing doesn’t happen or get fixed real quick in basketball/football stuff and jobs might be on the line. 

If we want to be treated like we belong up there we need to act like it

Nobody likes Flo

FloRugby:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLRugby/comments/spb0gi/florugby_streaming_service_dont_sign_up/

FloSoftball:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeSoftball/comments/10zb7cs/whats_the_best_viewing_deal_for_a_softball_junkie/

FloBaseball

https://www.reddit.com/r/collegebaseball/comments/10vsh12/has_anyone_used_flosports/

FloVolleyball:

https://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/82739/flovolleyball-com?page=1

FloGrappling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/x4aetd/flograppling_how_are_you_so_bad/

FloTrack:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trackandfield/comments/7q5yvd/why_is_flotrack_such_a_scam_150_to_watch_very/

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, DJT said:

Again, It speaks to a larger issue with wrestling in general. And other small sports Flo sports covers has similar chip on their shoulders.

Again, you can’t expect certain things if you aren’t acting like you belong.

Its as simple as “answering emails quickly and professionally” all the way up to things like running a basic website properly 

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Or maybe Flow is historically bad at everything...

everything is a strong statement...

i literally have no issues streaming and every event there is a metric fuk ton of whiners playing their role...

like i said...

shocking...

16 minutes ago, LJB said:

everything is a strong statement...

i literally have no issues streaming and every event there is a metric fuk ton of whiners playing their role...

like i said...

shocking...

I had Flo for a couple years, and I never once had a streaming issue on live events. I actually got rid of a couple of my other streaming services (Hulu and Discovery), because I found myself watching random shit on the other Flo channels more than anything after I got through all the wrestling content. 

Just now, DJT said:

I had Flo for a couple years, and I never once had a streaming issue on live events. I actually got rid of a couple of my other streaming services (Hulu and Discovery), because I found myself watching random shit on the other Flo channels more than anything after I got through all the wrestling content. 

seemingly there are now two of us...

glitter GIF

Requiring year subscriptions probably went a long way in fixing their earlier issues with livestreams, which is why I don't really have a problem with that, either. Tough to plan for (and invest in) required bandwidth when your potential viewership jumps 20,000% for an event, just to have everyone cancel their monthly subscriptions the next day.

Edited by DJT

11 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

>48 hours, still not fixed.

Does anyone have a contact number within Flow??

Someone else around said you can send them an email. I'm sure that will resolve the issue.

i am an idiot on the internet