Come on, Flow. You're not even trying now.

8 minutes ago, DJT said:

I was referring to Arena.. which is ducking terrible. Perhaps not even at a code level (outside of what was pointed out here), but from an intuitive usage sense.

FloArena has always been junk - desktop and mobile syntax break and I suspect it's because of the third-party APIs (ad banners that generate at the bottom are an example of a third-party API in this use case).

The mistake was not migrating to TrackWrestling when they acquired TW. Instead they are trying to make fetch happen with FloArena.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

Oh they are lurking, I'm guessing Spey is here somewhere. He is a messageboard hero and just is in disguise. I'll snuff him out soon enough though. The talking heads though probably aren't able to update wrestler profiles as they can barely copy and paste from Word into the articles.

Agree, but I’d assume if they were to see it from here it’d be either Spey or Kozak relaying the message to someone 

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Maybe they should follow Twitter’s lead and release all their code and let the public find and point out the errors… maybe a sort of bounty program exchanging subscription credits for providing bug fixes.

I mean, that would be admitting faults and being proactive instead of ignoring them, making excuses and blaming others.

I'd debug everything for the privilege of allowing me to pay by the month!

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'd debug everything for the privilege of allowing me to pay by the month!

They have a monthly subscription option now… $29.99/mo. 😬

IMG_1826.png

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

You would be surprised at the volume of fresh grads who try to label themselves as "junior data scientist" that can't complete basic business Excel functions, much less write complex strings, and think because they learned the same 10 python hacks everyone knows that they are god's gift to earth until 60 ear old Janet from accounting puts the screws to them. It's kind of like letting the top freshman recruit work out with the grad assistant and today we're working on stand ups.

So does brute forcing excel sheets to hold data like coaches/schools list put me ahead of Flo?

3 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

So does brute forcing excel sheets to hold data like coaches/schools list put me ahead of Flo?

i can walk you through a vlookup and then you can claim power user status...

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i can walk you through a vlookup and then you can claim power user status...

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

I'll ban you for suggesting Vlookup, Xlookup is the way man. Vlookup is like using Windows, Xlookup is like using Linux.

7 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Should I feel dumb or ignorant I don’t know what that is? I’m a history teacher 

i wouldn't worry about it too much...

the first 99.999% of our history no one knew about it either...

1 minute ago, BobDole said:

I'll ban you for suggesting Vlookup, Xlookup is the way man. Vlookup is like using Windows, Xlookup is like using Linux.

i am old enough to have actually coded in Unix...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

yes...

one of the 10 commands i have made a "career" out of...

east los high dancing GIF by HULU

So I looked it up. Basically it’s how to actually look up things on an excel sheet? Instead just alphabetizing the columns and just manually looking through it like my liberal arts major self does it 

Just now, Formally140 said:

So I looked it up. Basically it’s how to actually look up things on an excel sheet? Instead just alphabetizing the columns and just manually looking through it like my liberal arts major self does it 

Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

time to step up to the 80s...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Formally140 said:

I’ll start looking into. I’m using spreadsheets a bunch now. 

all kidding aside...

vlookups and xlookups are the handiest tools in excel... vlookups only look to the right of the search value... xlookups go up down and all around...

pivot tables are the other game changers if you deal with tons of data...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

all kidding aside...

vlookups and xlookups are the handiest tools in excel... vlookups only look to the right of the search value... xlookups go up down and all around...

pivot tables are the other game changers if you deal with tons of data...

I’ll actually have to look into. I decided that my workload wasn’t high enough and took over a coaches association with over 50 member schools. Already have 4 spreadsheets for that not including the stuff for my team and teaching 

1 minute ago, Formally140 said:

I’ll actually have to look into. I decided that my workload wasn’t high enough and took over a coaches association with over 50 member schools. Already have 4 spreadsheets for that not including the stuff for my team and teaching 

if i am getting too basic tell me to shut up, but...

you can put multiple tabs in one spreadsheet...

consolidate that data...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

if i am getting too basic tell me to shut up, but...

you can put multiple tabs in one spreadsheet...

consolidate that data...

Oh I do the multiple tabs, add data from one excel to another. and can merge and freeze cells. It’s the formula stuff that gets me. 

Im forced to use google sheets a lot which is annoying as well. Because I usually need to share the data easily or update it so people can see right away. Can’t do as much apparently and none of the excel hotkeys I’ve tried looking up to save time work on sheets 

• Fire 1