Any day now we should reach the critical mass of gun ownership by "law-abiding citizens" where we become safe

7 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I'll help you again.

Again.  He says a bunch of stuff without actually citing any sources (which I know is right up your alley) and he's a person Pais by the NRA.  You keep saying he's not now, but he still has the NRA stuff on his personal website, and also, the video was published 3 years ago.  And people, myself including me, have posted ACTUAL DATA WITH SOURCES and your response is just the same unsourced YouTube video because you.. like what it says and confirms your pre-existing beliefs, and you just claim that all other data is misleading and_or discredited, again without sources.  Amazing.  And still people die.

55 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Again.  He says a bunch of stuff without actually citing any sources (which I know is right up your alley) and he's a person Pais by the NRA.  You keep saying he's not now, but he still has the NRA stuff on his personal website, and also, the video was published 3 years ago.  And people, myself including me, have posted ACTUAL DATA WITH SOURCES and your response is just the same unsourced YouTube video because you.. like what it says and confirms your pre-existing beliefs, and you just claim that all other data is misleading and_or discredited, again without sources.  Amazing.  And still people die.

So the NRA to you is bad? And therefore you don't need to consider their position?  Don't you have an actual point in which you position can be hung on? You still are making it an argument of authority and not making a single argument of fact.  The source of information is the data itself.  It is a dive into the actual data.  Talk about specifics if you want to discredit something. Pick a point or admit defeat. 

Edited by El Luchador

15 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

So the NRA to you is bad? And therefore you don't need to consider their position?  Don't you have an actual point in which you position can be hung on? You still are making it an argument of authority and not making a single argument of fact.  The source of information is the data itself.  It is a dive into the actual data.  Talk about specifics if you want to discredit something. Pick a point or admit defeat. 

Yes.  The NRA is bad.  And, in this case, biased.  But glad to see your abandoning ship on prior arguments.  I've made the point several times.  You are saying that I'm not making an argument of fact when I am providing you several sets of data.  Then you cite a video (over and over and over and over again) to make your argument for you, where he just cites data, but doesn't given a single source for it, whereas I'm proving you sources that show you (and he) are wrong.  Seriously, every accusation is a confession.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yes.  The NRA is bad.  And, in this case, biased.  But glad to see your abandoning ship on prior arguments.  I've made the point several times.  You are saying that I'm not making an argument of fact when I am providing you several sets of data.  Then you cite a video (over and over and over and over again) to make your argument for you, where he just cites data, but doesn't given a single source for it, whereas I'm proving you sources that show you (and he) are wrong.  Seriously, every accusation is a confession.

It's  not the video  it's the information in the video. Tell me where he is wrong.  You are saying he has no credibility so it should be next to effortless. 

3 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

It's  not the video  it's the information in the video. Tell me where he is wrong.  You are saying he has no credibility so it should be next to effortless. 

HE DOESN'T GIVE HIS SOURCES, MAN WHAT ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING?

If you're asking for the data that shows he's wrong, that has already been provided to you, your just choosing to ignore it and claiming it's been discredited because...you say so.  See if you can find another video where a shill makes your argument for you because you can't actually formulate it yourself.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

HE DOESN'T GIVE HIS SOURCES, MAN WHAT ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING?

If you're asking for the data that shows he's wrong, that has already been provided to you, your just choosing to ignore it and claiming it's been discredited because...you say so.  See if you can find another video where a shill makes your argument for you because you can't actually formulate it yourself.

Give 1 specific example. 

5 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Give 1 specific example. 

It can't be done because he doesn't cite his sources, geezus man.  I don't know where he's getting his data or what year it's from, because a quick search doesn't show the numbers he's citing popping up anywhere EXCEPT his video and things citing his video.  It's a tautology of nonsense.

• Fire 1

Just now, VakAttack said:

It can't be done because he doesn't cite his sources, geezus man.  I don't know where he's getting his data or what year it's from, because a quick search doesn't show the numbers he's citing popping up anywhere EXCEPT his video and things citing his video.  It's a tautology of nonsense.

Yout not this dense.  He makes claims,  use your  information to disprove his. Simple task. Prove it by disproving his assertions. It's simple numbers.

2 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Yout not this dense.  He makes claims,  use your  information to disprove his. Simple task. Prove it by disproving his assertions. It's simple numbers.

HIS ASSERTIONS ARE PURPORTED STATISTICS THAT HE DOESN'T GIVE ANY CITATION TO, SO THEY CAN'T BE DISPROVEN BECAUSE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY'RE REAL STATISTICS.  Geez man, this is mind-numbingly stupid, even for you.  "Disprove this information, but I won't tell you where or when it's from!"  If you're JUST looking for other statistics to show that what he claims in the video is not the actual statistics in other scenarios, that has already been provided, multiple times.  You're asking me to specifically disprove his statistics without any source to look at the statistics other than your beloved YouTube video, which also doesn't cite where the statistics are coming from.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

HIS ASSERTIONS ARE PURPORTED STATISTICS THAT HE DOESN'T GIVE ANY CITATION TO, SO THEY CAN'T BE DISPROVEN BECAUSE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY'RE REAL STATISTICS.  Geez man, this is mind-numbingly stupid, even for you.  "Disprove this information, but I won't tell you where or when it's from!"  If you're JUST looking for other statistics to show that what he claims in the video is not the actual statistics in other scenarios, that has already been provided, multiple times.  You're asking me to specifically disprove his statistics without any source to look at the statistics other than your beloved YouTube video, which also doesn't cite where the statistics are coming from.

It is mind dumbing stupid that you can say a guy is wrong and not tell me what he is wrong about or why.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

The source is the CDC study.  It's been said more than 1 time. It is you saying  he is wrong and discrediting him, should be super easy to  provide information to that effect.  Now put your money where your mouth is.  Use your  facts or retract your statement. 

9 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

It is mind dumbing stupid that you can say a guy is wrong and not tell me what he is wrong about or why.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Here.  His number of firearm is not from any year from 2015 until 2023.  That would be the first statistic he "cites."  Even these numbers are undercounts because states are not reporting full data.  This is obvious because in 2019 Florida claims 1 murder on the data, and I can confirm that, just in my medium sized county for that year in Florida, there were 42 reported homicides.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Here.  His number of firearm is not from any year from 2015 until 2023.  That would be the first statistic he "cites."  Even these numbers are undercounts because states are not reporting full data.  This is obvious because in 2019 Florida claims 1 murder on the data, and I can confirm that, just in my medium sized county for that year in Florida, there were 42 reported homicides.

Give me his number 

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

His first statistic is the number  of gun death sited by the CDC the second is the number os gun laws. So far not so good. The number of guns is not even relevant but I believe his number.  It is not that hard to extrapolate the number od guns produced and sold in America.  I couldn't tell you how many I have ans I know people who own  far more than me. Millions were sold in the last 3 years. 

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Sometimes it is raw numbers, sometimes not, sometimes both.  Lost in this discussion is a little girl who had her face blown off.  She probably didn't have an opinion and was relying on society to look out for her.

Is her life more valuable than mine? If a bad thing justifies all regulation then are you prepared to give up all rights? Or do you just want other to give up theirs?

4 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Is her life more valuable than mine? If a bad thing justifies all regulation then are you prepared to give up all rights? Or do you just want other to give up theirs?

Do you think drug laws are working?  Should we have more? Or should we concentrate on behavior? 

Edited by El Luchador

“It’s too much effort for me to read two studies and form my own hypothesis but y’all should totally do an exhaustive search for internet data to try to disprove some weirdo’s clearly made up stats from a YouTube video I like to jerk it to!”

Edited by Mike Parrish