Olympic Trials at Penn State

I know this is early but I saw Olympic Trial ticket information would be coming out soon. I'm dead set on going and wanted to see who had experience with the process/getting tickets and the trials experience in general ? Is it hard to get tickets to the event? How early should you book hotels and all that jazz... just want to make sure I do things right!

Edited by Doublehalf

• Doublehalf changed the title to Olympic Trials at Penn State
1 hour ago, mspart said:

OTTs in Vegas.   Or better yet, Seattle!!   As you probably know, Seattle is just starving for wrestling action. 

mspart

Any place that has cheap airfare, hotels and a surfeit of convention space.

Might I suggest Santa Cruz?

The beer will be free for coaches, parents and athletes.

Critics are charged double.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:58 PM, mspart said:

OTTs in Vegas.   Or better yet, Seattle!!   As you probably know, Seattle is just starving for wrestling action. 

mspart

Just put it in Philadelphia.  You still get the the huge PSU crowd, but other people will be able to attend without driving through 3 hours of farmland. 

• Fire 1

I know that this has nothing to do with the subject, but I would love to see some World championships come back to the US. I know that we get the World Cup, but it would be great if we could get a U17, U20, or Seniors back here. 

3 hours ago, RYou said:

I read yesterday there is a lottery for next years Olympic tix and applications opened up last thursday or friday.  

found it.

Official Ticketing Website of the Paris 2024 Games - The draw

If you sign up to volunteer to work the 2024s, they'll send you regular updates.

It isn't cheap either.

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 07-10-57 ticket-prices.pdf.png

Edited by Mike Parrish

On 4/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, Mike Parrish said:

State College is not the easiest place to get to by air.

I wish we'd stop doing that.

Cheapest option might be flying into Harrisburg (hour 15mins) Pittsburg (2hr 45mins) or Philly (solid 3 hrs without traffic).  Flying into State College can get pricey.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

20 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Cheapest option might be flying into Harrisburg (hour 15mins) Pittsburg (2hr 45mins) or Philly (solid 3 hrs without traffic).  Flying into State College can get pricey.

You can try Allentown PA also.  About 2 hour drive.  3 hours for Newark also but it's a straight shot west on rt 80.  

10 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

If you have to fly several hours and then drive several hours to get to a wrestling tournament, it's poorly located.

It’s not ideal for people that have to fly in, but Harrisburg should have some affordable flights and it’s not too bad of a drive from there. What makes it a great location is that is centrally located in PA. The majority of the fans will be driving there, and the state’s hotbeds for wrestling are Pittsburgh area and Lehigh valley. Both are opposite ends of the state, so if you have it in say, Philly, it would be an easy drive for the Lehigh Valley guys but Pittsburgh would be too long for most to make the trip. State College will draw people from all over the state and surrounding states.