Wisconsin Signing

CalWrestler

2 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

I think we're more likely to see Kueter at 197 lbs for Iowa next season than AJ. I say that because unless the charges are dropped, or he is offered a plea to a lesser non-sexual offense (I doubt the University would admit him with any sex crime hanging over his head), he will be headed to a Jury trial, and I doubt he fares well in that scenario. He would have to be acquitted at trial by a jury, or there would have to be at least one holdout (could be wrong on that). My point being, if we're looking at probability, as it stands right now the odds are very low he see's a college mat, let alone Iowa. 

So AJ's entire ncaa career is in jeopardy unless they can work something out, yikes. Hopefully he gets a 2nd chance. Think the best thing for his character development is to stay in ncaa wrestling and not switch over to mma yet 

3 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Does Hopke train at Pinacle? Where does Minnesota fit in this recruitment war.? I also hope we land him. If by chance we do land him who does he roll with in the wrestling room at Wisconsin to make sure he continues to improve 

He has Minnesota also listed in his top 5 I believe

• Fire 3

Does Hopke train at Pinacle? Where does Minnesota fit in this recruitment war.? I also hope we land him. If by chance we do land him who does he roll with in the wrestling room at Wisconsin to make sure he continues to improve 

Not only does he train at Pinnacle but he trains with the Gopher Regional Training Center like 4x a week. He just had a picture of himself and Pat Smith training in the gopher room a day or two ago on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

So AJ's entire ncaa career is in jeopardy unless they can work something out, yikes. Hopefully he gets a 2nd chance. Think the best thing for his character development is to stay in ncaa wrestling and not switch over to mma yet 

I think therapy would be more beneficial for his character development than spending time in the Iowa wrestling room, but that's just one guy's take. 

• Fire 2

40 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Like poorwrestler said, he is a pinacle guy and is at Minny a lot.  I agree with your question about who will he roll with at Wisconsin that is going to be better than the Minny situation.  Again, I would love to have him, I'm just thinking if I am him, why would I go anywhere other than with the Gophers?

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

52 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

I think we're more likely to see Kueter at 197 lbs for Iowa next season than AJ

Kueter is not wrestling 197 next year for the Hawkeyes.  He's a legit NFL prospect. There's a better chance we see AJ wrestle again than Kueter

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Kueter is not wrestling 197 next year for the Hawkeyes.  He's a legit NFL prospect. 

Okay, your opinion is noted. People closer to the situation than you have given credence to the possibility. Which doesn't mean it's happening, but it has been discussed. He would RS for football and wrestle as a true freshman in that scenario. 

42 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

I think therapy would be more beneficial for his character development than spending time in the Iowa wrestling room, but that's just one guy's take. 

There is nothing better for a mans character development more than the sport of wrestling, especially therapy with some quack. Couldn't disagree with you more, and you're probably trolling me anyway

1 minute ago, BlacknGold said:

There is nothing better for a mans character development more than the sport of wrestling, especially therapy with some quack. Couldn't disagree with you more, and you're probably trolling me anyway

Good grief man, wrestling hasn't worked, he need something different.  Same with #2 apparently.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Laxhawk174 said:

I think we're more likely to see Kueter at 197 lbs for Iowa next season than AJ

Kueter wrestled 220 in highschool this year and he's going 97 kg (214) in the US Open this month. Might be too big for 197. Plus him getting bigger in ncaa football preparation this summer is likely. But the fact the he's competing in the US Open shows he still has legit interest in wrestling. Iowa haters are trying to send him to the nfl already but we will see

1 hour ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Okay, your opinion is noted. People closer to the situation than you have given credence to the possibility. Which doesn't mean it's happening, but it has been discussed. He would RS for football and wrestle as a true freshman in that scenario. 

He has to hit the weight room to maintain a weight minimum of 230ish if he hopes to get to the NFL.  He's not putting a lucrative opportunity for generational wealth on the line to throw on a singlet for the Hawkeyes at 197

Edited by PortaJohn

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Like poorwrestler said, he is a pinacle guy and is at Minny a lot.  I agree with your question about who will he roll with at Wisconsin that is going to be better than the Minny situation.  Again, I would love to have him, I'm just thinking if I am him, why would I go anywhere other than with the Gophers?

Yes would be a huge pick up but do not think we're going to see that happen. Best of luck to him wherever he chooses to go. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

A fan or 2 on wiwrestling (Not ME) seemed miffed, but I am not arguing, good for Mr Liegel

Guessing it was "BadgerOne," right?

He's a former Badger who pretends he's really inveted in the team and is actually currently at Cal Poly at the moment. 

He's shit on the Miquel Estrada signing, a 2X State Champ from Cali(not State Title the year before). Won it in a weight with 4 Nationally ranked guys(including both the #1 and #2 ranked Wrestlers at one point until they moved up to 152).

Little Parco who was ranked 3rd...Estrada has gone through two seasons in California with one more left, undefeated. He doesn't wrestle a lot of National Tourney's, but he did win Folk Nats. But that wasn't a good signing either. 

So there are some people on there who are never pleased.

Liegel is an AWESOME kid and I'm excited to see how he does fulfilling his dream of Wrestling for the Badgers. Is it as good for a fan as Hopke? Of course not, but it's still cool.

Also, these are still kids, so I hate when people go on a forum and shit on a very highly respected family in the State by diminishing his addition.

Bono does this for everyone. When you quoted someone I'd not heard of, and said "the best news," I wondered if that was someone in the know that had inside info.

But what exactly should Bono say?

GREAT day to be a Badger=Top 10-15 recruit(again, not Miguel Estrada)
REALLY good day to be a Badger-Someone like Rivera
Pretty good day to be a Badger=Julian George

'Well, it's a guy, don't get your hopes up'-day to be a Badger?

2 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

He has Minnesota also listed in his top 5 I believe

He's gotta be Minnesota or PSU.

He's the type of guy you go out and try and recruit a guy like Lowney, pay him to work at the RTC(doesn't have to be Lowney, but someone).

Right now...if I'm Koy Hopke, even if I grew up a UW fan, I'm not going there. If my Goal above all else is to be a Olympic Champ(and his Goals should be similar to Spencer Lee's IMO, 4X NCAA, WC and OLY Champ as many time as possible...it's clear where his chances are best of making that happen.

The NLWC...

It's at a point right now where it's just building upon itself. They're adding numerous kids who've won World Titles are various age groups, and they've got a LOT of guys who could work with Hopke. From even Dake/Taylor to Snyder and Cassar still trains there, doesn't he?

Edited by scourge165

45 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Guessing it was "BadgerOne," right?

He's a former Badger who pretends he's really inveted in the team and is actually currently at Cal Poly at the moment. 

He's shit on the Miquel Estrada signing, a 2X State Champ from Cali(not State Title the year before). Won it in a weight with 4 Nationally ranked guys(including both the #1 and #2 ranked Wrestlers at one point until they moved up to 152).

Little Parco who was ranked 3rd...Estrada has gone through two seasons in California with one more left, undefeated. He doesn't wrestle a lot of National Tourney's, but he did win Folk Nats. But that wasn't a good signing either. 

So there are some people on there who are never pleased.

Liegel is an AWESOME kid and I'm excited to see how he does fulfilling his dream of Wrestling for the Badgers. Is it as good for a fan as Hopke? Of course not, but it's still cool.

Also, these are still kids, so I hate when people go on a forum and shit on a very highly respected family in the State by diminishing his addition.

Bono does this for everyone. When you quoted someone I'd not heard of, and said "the best news," I wondered if that was someone in the know that had inside info.

But what exactly should Bono say?

GREAT day to be a Badger=Top 10-15 recruit(again, not Miguel Estrada)
REALLY good day to be a Badger-Someone like Rivera
Pretty good day to be a Badger=Julian George

'Well, it's a guy, don't get your hopes up'-day to be a Badger?

Yes and that only took a minute to figure out who that is 😀

Yes you are correct some people are never pleased and Yes like I said it's great for Liegel family and wisconsin fans, so certainly hope you were not referring to me when talking about shitting on his family by diminishing his addition. As far as what Bono should say. That's a Bono thing. I thought we were on same page. Go Badgers. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Yes and that only took a minute to figure out who that is 😀

Yes you are correct some people are never pleased and Yes like I said it's great for Liegel family and wisconsin fans, so certainly hope you were not referring to me when talking about shitting on his family by diminishing his addition. As far as what Bono should say. That's a Bono thing. I thought we were on same page. Go Badgers. 

Not at all. It's just one particular member of that forum who will even take genuinely GOOD recruits and trash them.

The ONLY way Bono should keep his job is if he gets Davino, Hopke and Ferrari from that '24 class. 

He's said other stupid things as well. Someone posted the new facilities at OSU(which are incredible) and he said athletes don't care about that, nobody goes to Iowa to Wrestle at CHA...which is insane to me. That place is incredible and seems like it'd be most kids dreams if they grew up Iowa fans.

But no, we're on the same page. BadgerOne used to Wrestle for the Badgers, doesn't now and is less than sincere. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Not at all. It's just one particular member of that forum who will even take genuinely GOOD recruits and trash them.

The ONLY way Bono should keep his job is if he gets Davino, Hopke and Ferrari from that '24 class. 

He's said other stupid things as well. Someone posted the new facilities at OSU(which are incredible) and he said athletes don't care about that, nobody goes to Iowa to Wrestle at CHA...which is insane to me. That place is incredible and seems like it'd be most kids dreams if they grew up Iowa fans.

But no, we're on the same page. BadgerOne used to Wrestle for the Badgers, doesn't now and is less than sincere. 

Going to a dual at CHA is unlike any other wrestling g environment I’ve ever been in.  

• Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

8 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

What do you think he's been doing his entire life? It isn't working and you want him to double down. 

The worst thing for him is to go into another situation where his talent protects him from reality and people kiss his ass. 

He's not finding Jesus in Iowa. 

• Fire 2

18 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

He has to hit the weight room to maintain a weight minimum of 230ish if he hopes to get to the NFL.  He's not putting a lucrative opportunity for generational wealth on the line to throw on a singlet for the Hawkeyes at 197

I guess you know better than Ben Kueter himself? 

Straight from the horses mouth - skip to 20:30. 

Edited by Laxhawk174
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

I guess you know better than Ben Kueter himself? 

Straight from the horses mouth - skip to 20:30. 

I could also be mistaken on interpretation and he could be talking about 97KG. But it seemed like the context was wrestling 197 or 285 - aka being asked if he rolled with Cassioppi/Warner. And it seemed like he was saying he didn't feel like he would be ready next year at 285, but in the future he would be. 

12 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

I could also be mistaken on interpretation and he could be talking about 97KG. But it seemed like the context was wrestling 197 or 285 - aka being asked if he rolled with Cassioppi/Warner. And it seemed like he was saying he didn't feel like he would be ready next year at 285, but in the future he would be. 

He's wrestling 97kg next weekend