Doms day predictions

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

are you seriously saying this planet never went through climate change previous to the hairless monkeys?

I had a personal conversation with a somewhat unique person who lectures at tOSU on global warming.  He made a pretty clear scientific argument that each distinctive coal layer is proof of cyclical fluctuation in CO2 levels. He had a logical explanation of the chemistry and conditions that created the large scale conditions required to create large coal deposits. 

Here is my take on it, the 'scientists" claiming global warming are using what I like to call "Lazy Science"...which is they take the easy way out when analyzing weather trend data...now granted we don't have exact data for the whole history of the earth's existence; however, using let's say 1000 years of data to predict that the earth is unnaturally warming and then correlating that to humans polluting the earth is "lazy" considering the earth is what, billions of years old and have gone through way more drastic climate changes then what we are seeing now, when there weren't humans (todays variety anyway).  With all that being said, do I think that humans have an impact on the world in terms of pollution, unequivocally YES, but that doesn't mean the earth is going to be destroyed in 20-30 years.  However, does it behoof us humans to be conscious of what we do to the environment, absolutely...but stifling and trying to get rid of certain industries is asinine.  Quit with all the dooms day emotional crap, drive your gas-powered cars, or electric ones (which have just as much if not more impact on the environment...but, shhhh), make sure we aren't pumping bad things into our water ways, replant what we cut down, continue to innovate on removing harmful stuff or reusing it for human consumption, etc.  JMHO

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, mspart said:

I'm surprised Mike hasn't chimed in based on the title of this thread.  

mspart

I am not at all surprised. To start with, you contradict yourself with your own post.

You just posted a graph with measurements up to and including over 400,000 years ago as if it were real and relevant because you found it on the internet.

The worst part is that the graph - on the far-right skyrockets for CO2. Indicating it isn't cyclical at all - it is actually skyrocketing. It's circled in red!

On the credibility meter, this thread has descended into the nonsense zone... on that bombshell, I'm out.