Jump to content

Lunatic Professor


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Prick?

That was gentle ribbing about a typo.

You guys sure are snowflakes.

 

oh come on, mike...

this is your MO...

then you throw up your hands and PM a mod if you feel picked on too much...

just own it and move on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

oh come on, mike...

this is your MO...

then you throw up your hands and PM a mod if you feel picked on too much...

just own it and move on...

The only time I have ever contacted a mod is when shitheels went after my daughter to get to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

The only time I have ever contacted a mod is when shitheels went after my daughter to get to me.

just be who you are and quit worrying about who others are...

this stuff is not complicated...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Art, I realize this wasn't directed at me - but I do have a couple things to add.

I can't imagine taking the time to scour through so many sites in order to identify the inconsistencies between the legitimate ones and the illegitimate ones. And then trying to make sense out of the whole mess. Liars have learned how to hide - weeding them out isn't a quick or simple task. And even if we attempt to do this today, there'll be more tomorrow, they multiply. Bad guys monitor the stuff that is being read, and if it is popular - they continue to push it through other BS sites. It's what they do, they play us, and they get paid well to do it.

I strictly recommend that everyone consider the web site you intend to view before visiting it. And if you find yourself at a site you aren't familiar with, then close out.

Trying to judge what illegitimate sites have to offer is dangerous (potential infection of virus, malware, ransomware, etc.) and a tremendous waste of time

Simply best to avoid them.

Thanks for responding GWN, I appreciate that.   Too bad Mike is not willing to back up his unsupported argument that the first got it wrong.  He won't even defend what he says, that is pretty sad.   

I agree it is tough to go website by website to decide who is credible.   But when many are reporting the same thing, then isn't the conclusion that they must all be credible in this particular story.   The websites I listed were from left to right.  They are all saying the same thing.   To me that is the epitome of credible journalism. 

That said, there are numerous websites reporting on this.   I think it is ridiculous to say that one is not getting it right when there are so many saying the same things, and many of them would be considered legitimate purveyors of news by Mike.  

The professor was an idiot for saying it is better to kill than to verbally engage.   And there are people here fighting over the fact they don't like the website reporting it.   No discussion of what the idiot said and why the University President took action.   Nope, all we get is that the website is not credible.   I think the reason he won't support his own argument is that he has been proven wrong and will not take ownership of that.   Is this really what constitutes discussion these days.   Throw a bomb and make fun of people if they don't believe it or want evidentiary support?    That's just an ignorant way to try to make a point; it's like how a teenager would do it.  

mspart

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, El Luchador said:

Are you still trying to say it is fake? 

Still saying, very clearly, that you shouldn't accept news as fact on an illegitimate site - in this case, a Russian propaganda web site. Steer clear - don't believe anything, at all, that you read there.

If you read it on npr.com, or cbs.com, etc. (aka reputable sites - which, of course, that list will vary from person to person) then that is an entirely different story.

Don't make the mistake of confusing "garbage sites" with "fake news." Garbage sites may post somewhat true or even fact filled stories from time to time - but that doesn't make them trustworthy. They are still garbage, and you should always distrust their content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mspart said:

Thanks for responding GWN, I appreciate that.   Too bad Mike is not willing to back up his unsupported argument that the first got it wrong.  He won't even defend what he says, that is pretty sad.   

I agree it is tough to go website by website to decide who is credible.   But when many are reporting the same thing, then isn't the conclusion that they must all be credible in this particular story.   The websites I listed were from left to right.  They are all saying the same thing.   To me that is the epitome of credible journalism. 

That said, there are numerous websites reporting on this.   I think it is ridiculous to say that one is not getting it right when there are so many saying the same things, and many of them would be considered legitimate purveyors of news by Mike.  

The professor was an idiot for saying it is better to kill than to verbally engage.   And there are people here fighting over the fact they don't like the website reporting it.   No discussion of what the idiot said and why the University President took action.   Nope, all we get is that the website is not credible.   I think the reason he won't support his own argument is that he has been proven wrong and will not take ownership of that.   Is this really what constitutes discussion these days.   Throw a bomb and make fun of people if they don't believe it or want evidentiary support?    That's just an ignorant way to try to make a point; it's like how a teenager would do it.  

mspart

I don't think credibility can be attributed based on quantity. In other words, even if you see 'basically the same' news on a bunch of sites - doesn't mean that all the sites are doing equal due diligence. It may just be that some sites are copy/pasting from others. It may also be that the details are being modified by some of the sites to match their specific agenda.

But I do agree that some of the links you listed are credible. Just not the first one you linked to in the earlier post - which is the only one that had been listed at that point. We all have to be VERY aware that sources do matter. And, just like emails you receive, never trust them unless you have sufficient reason to think you should. This is absolutely critical - and relevant to the conversation.

I also agree with you that this guy was an idiot for what he said about killing. Was he going for 'shock value' or was he as deranged as it sounded? I don't know. In any case - he is clearly a bona fide idiot, perhaps a very dangerous one at that. Wackos like this guy seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days.

I formed this opinion based on what I read from a couple of your credible links. I didn't - and wouldn't - read a single thing from the Russian propaganda site. It would be both a waste of my time and potentially cyber-dangerous if I were to even click on the link.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    PJ Duke

    Minisink Valley, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Penn State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Austin Zimmerman

    St. Joseph's Collegiate, New York
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Edinboro
    Projected Weight: 125

    Chris Vargo

    Bentworth, Pennsylvania
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Edinboro
    Projected Weight: 133, 141

    Daxton Chase

    Pleasant, Ohio
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Ohio State
    Projected Weight: 149, 157

    Ayson Rice

    Canton, South Dakota
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Appalachian State
    Projected Weight: 157
×
×
  • Create New...