Nate Tomasello

silver-medal

Nate Tomasello won NCAA's as a frosh and went on to only lose three National's matches over the next three seasons.  Each loss was in the semis.  Each time it was to an Iowa wrestler--Gilman, Clark and Lee.  Each time he came back to take third.  That takes balls.

• Fire 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Why does it feel like this isn't really about Nato?

I'm not ragging on Lee.  I won't pretend to understand how he felt.  There is no question that he came back this season at far below 100% for the sole purpose of winning his 4th.  

But I do want to remind people about Nate Tomasello and the fact he was as determined a competitor as ever took the mat.  

• Fire 3

9 minutes ago, silver-medal said:

But I do want to remind people about Nate Tomasello and the fact he was as determined a competitor as ever took the mat.  

I don't think I've read a post where folks knocked Nato.  I believe he's still respected by wrestling fans.

30 minutes ago, silver-medal said:

I'm not ragging on Lee.  I won't pretend to understand how he felt.  There is no question that he came back this season at far below 100% for the sole purpose of winning his 4th.    

How do we know he was "below 100%" and what is 100%?

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, ionel said:

How do we know he was "below 100%" and what is 100%?

Good question. Do we start deducting percentage points after tge first broken hand in high school that forces you to change your grip? Do we start after first signs of arthritis? After the first major joint injury? After the first surgery that wouldn't take?