Buckeyes for 2023/2024

Pre-Season Wrestlestat. Although We know they don't really rank. Just something else to look at.

125 McCrone #44, Fenton #45
133 Bouzakis #8
141 Mendez #6, shows him in a RS.
149 D'Emilio #8
157 Sasso #1 and Paddy at #19
165 Hepner #19
174 Kharchla #5
184 Shumate is #16
197 Geog is #26
285 Feldman is #72, but to be fair he didn't have a RS season.

• Fire 1

Bouzakis and Mendez both only lose to the eventual champion taking Bronze (Bouzakis) and Silver (Mendez).

I hope they both go next season.  Let Mendez wrestle and utilize that redshirt if he ends up needing one due to injury down the line.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 8/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, nhs67 said:

Bouzakis and Mendez both only lose to the eventual champion taking Bronze (Bouzakis) and Silver (Mendez).

I hope they both go next season.  Let Mendez wrestle and utilize that redshirt if he ends up needing one due to injury down the line.

Nice tournament for both of them. Now its time to get ready a great folkstyle season. Should be really exciting. Can't wait.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, nhs67 said:

I hope they let them both wrestle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 7:40 PM, Ohio Elite said:

I guess it's Paddy at 157 this year again. I hope he steps up his game a little.

It would be nice if Wilcox were to make the drop and compete for the spot as well.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wrestle offs are next week followed by Clarion open.  We will know a lot more about the upcoming lineup, but curious about best guesses on a few weights:

125 - Vinney, McCrone, Fenton - anyone with a good pulse on how this shakes out?

165 - Assuming this is Hepner's weight, but does Wilcox challenge?  Not even sure what weight Wilcox is at.

184 - Shumate or Rogotzke?  I haven't seen a lot of hope from Shumate in the past, but maybe he has been really focused this summer?  He has a lot of potential.

197 - Hoffman or Geog - both seem to be really good kids that are neck and neck.  For us to be competitive at this weight, someone will need to create separation.

I think the other weight classes have pretty strong leans towards the projected starter.  I'm hoping we see a fully healed Feldman and curious about the other freshman, especially Welsh, Herman and Cannon.

• Fire 1