Jump to content

Buckeyes for 2023/2024


Recommended Posts

 2023/2024 

Recruits - 125 Kilkeary, 141/149 Herman, 165/174 Welsh, 174/184 Rogotzke I would imagine they all RS.

125 - Gonzales/McCrone/Kilkeary - 
133 - Mendez/Bouzakis - Talk of a RS for Mendez? Hopefully he Olympic RS's and wrestles FS.
141 - D’Emilio/Decatur - Talk of D'Emilio at 149? Haven't heard anything about Decatur.
149 - Sasso - Talk of him at 157? Not sure if he's big enough?
157 - Paddy/Wilcox - Someone gets left out between Paddy, Wilcox and Hepner.
165 - Hepner/Paddy/Wilcox - Someone gets left out.
174 - Kharch - Appears tired. Hopefully the move up helps him.
184 - Shumate - This will be his chance with Welsh and Rogotzke coming.
197 - Hoffman/Geog/Stein - I want Geog. 
285 - Feldman - Hopefully he's healthy and puts on some weight.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think with how Sasso handled business against Pantaleo he shouldn't even be considering 149.

I think the best lineup the team can put out is this...

125 - McCrone (Kilkeary if he doesn't redshirt)
133 - Bouzakis
141 - Mendez
149 - D'Emilio
157 - Sasso
165 - Hepner/Wilcox/Paddy
174 - Kharchla (Welsh, if Kharchla is too injured)
184 - Shumate
197 - Geog (I really hope Hoffman gets to close out his career a Buckeye, but I think Geog is as good, if not better - right now)
285 - Feldman

I am also okay with whoever the two best guys at 174/184 are between Kharchla, Welsh, and Shumate starting at 174/184.  Yes that even means if Kharchla ends up going 184 I would be okay with that.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do be clear I think Kilkeary is better than McCrone right now.

I think this squad should seriously consider just putting the best lineup out, regardless of redshirts.  Save the redshirts in case of injury or down the line - if they are needed, for whatever reason(s).

  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/bouzakis-wins-u-s-open-title-at-61kg/

OSU at US Open

Nic Bouzakis, a redshirt freshman with the Ohio State wrestling team, won the U20 Freestyle U.S. Open title in the 61kg bracket Sunday. He won seven matches and outscored opponents 71-8 along the way. In addition to Bouzakis, several current and former Buckeyes performed well at the 2023 U.S. Open in Las Vegas this week.

Nick Boykin took second in the 97kg Senior Greco bracket with a 3-1 record.

Sammy Sasso, the runner up at 149 pounds at the 2023 NCAA Championship and the 2023 Big Ten Champion at that same weight, took second in the senior freestyle 70kg bracket.

In the U20 freestyle competition, redshirt freshman Brendan McCrone battled back in the consolation bracket to take fourth at 57kg.

Jesse Mendez, who earned All-America status as a true freshman with the Buckeyes at 133, took third at 65kg in the U20 Freestyle bracket.

Incoming freshman Rocco Welsh advanced to the finals of the 79kg U20 freestyle bracket as the No. 1 seed with five-consecutive victories after an opening round bye. He finished second after a loss to Gabriel Arnold (Level Up WC) in the finals, 3-2.

Former Buckeyes Joey McKenna advanced to the finals in the 65kg Senior Freestyle bracket. He fell in the title bout to Nick Lee (Nittany Lion WC), 10-5.

Kollin Moore also made it to the finals in the 92kg Senior Freestyle bracket. He squared off against Michael Macchiavello (Wolfpack WC), who defeated the former Buckeye, 12-2.

Brady Koontz, another former Buckeye, won the 55kg Senior Greco bracket with a 9-0 win over Dalton Duffield (Army).

Buckeyes at the U.S. Open

Nick Boykin in the 97 kg Senior Greco competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd. Of 32: Bye

Rnd. Of 16: Defeated Daniel Miller (Marines) VPO1, 8-6

Quarters: Defeated Brandon Marshall (Big Game WC), 9-0, 3:16

Semifinals: Defeated Christian Dulaney (NY AC), VPO1, 7-5

Finals: Lost to Josef Rau (TMWC), VSU1, 10-1, 3:42

Sammy Sasso in the 70kg Senior Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd. of 64: Bye

Rnd. of 32: Defeated Sylvia Pace (NYCRTC), VFA, 6-0, 1:02

Rnd. of 16: Defeated Cameron Harrell (Maryland), VFA, 11-4, 2:12

Quarters: Defeated Ed Scott (Wolfpack WC), VSU1, 14-4 5:17

Semifinals: Defeated Jarrett Jacques (Tiger Style WC), VPO1, 9-2

Finals: Lost to Tyler Berger (Nebraska), VPO1, 10-9

Bryce Hepner in the 74kg Senior Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd. of 64: Defeated Ian Sandoz (Texas), VSU, 10-0, 0:57

Rnd. of 32: Lost to Vincenzo Joseph (SKWC), VSU1, 17-6, 5:47

Cons 32 #2: Bye

Cons 16 #1: defeated Kolbi Caffey (Carbondale WC), VSU1, 14-4

Cons 16 #2: defeated Peter Pappas (George Mason), VPO1, 4-4

Cons 8 #1: defeated Elijah Cleary (Titan Mercury WC), VPO, 3-0

Cons 8 #2: Lost to Joey Lavallee (Lehigh Valley WC), VSU, 10-0

Carson Kharchla in the 79kg Senior Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd. of 64: Bye

Rnd. of 32: Defeated Devan Hendricks (Knights RTC), VSU, 10-0, 1:14

Rnd. of 16: Lost to Alex Dieringer (Cliff Keen WC), VPO, 5-0

Cons 16 #2: Defeated Andrew Cerniglia (Navy WC), VPO1, 17-8

Cons 8 #1: Defeated Muhamed McBryde (NYAC), VPO1, 5-5

Cons 8 #2: Lost to Alex Marinelli (Hawkeye WC), VSU, 10-0, 3:59

Brendan McCrone in the 57kg U20 Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd. of 128: lost to Nicolar Rivera (Wisconsin RTC), VSU1, 12-1, 2:20

Cons 64 #2: Defeated Nicholas Curley (Massachusetts), VSU1, 15-4, 2:00

Cons 32 #1: Defeated Kola Johnson (Utah), VFA, 6-0, 0:56

Cons 32 #2: Defeated Tanner Spalding (Compound Wrestling), VFA, 8-0, 2:46

Cons 16 #1: Defeated Dante Rigal, (New York), VFA 10-0, 2:12

Cons 16 #2: Defeated Nolan Wertanen (Cliff Keen WC), VSU, 10-0, 0:53

Cons 8 #1: Defeated Jacob Houpt (Quest), VFA, 6-0, 1:05

Cons 8 #2:  Defeated Aaron Lucio (Michigan West WC), VFA, 2-0, 0:20

Cons 4: Defeated Dominic Mendez (Righetti HS), VFA 6-0, 1:32

Cons Semis: Defeated Cael Nacdeo (Central Pa.), VIN

Third Place: Lost to Nicolar Rivera (Wisconsin RTC), VSU, 10-0, 2:32

Nic Bouzakis in the 61kg U20 Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd of 128: Defeated Raymond Lopez (California), VSU 10-0, 0:42

Rnd of 64: Defeated Mason Kernan (Young Guns Wrestling Club), VSU, 10-0, 1:16

Rnd of 32: Defeated Wyatt Richter (Ohio), VSU, 10-0, 0:31

Rnd of 16: Defeated Sergio Vega (Cyclones Wrestling), VSU, 10-0, 1:34

Quarters: Defeated Cesar Avelar (Grindhouse WC), VSU, 10-0, 0:55

Semifinals: Defeated Jace Rhodes (Hawkeye WC), VSU, 10-0, 1:40

Finals: Defeated Kale Petersen (Sebolt), VPO1, 11-8

Jesse Mendez in the 65kg U20 Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd Of 128: Defeated Kael Brisker (Southeastern WC), VSU, 10-0, 1:52

Rnd Of 64: Defeated vs Jayden Scott (New York), VPO1, 3-2

Rnd Of 32: Defeated Kal Miller (Dmv Rtc), VSU1, 12-2, 4:48

Rnd of 16: Defeated Jacob Mann (New Jersey RTC), VSU, 11-0, 0:24

Quarters: Defeated Dylan Chappell (Buffalo Valley RTC), VPO1, 11-8

Semifinals: Lost to Kannon Webster (Illinois), VP01, 5-3

Cons Semis: Defeated Pierson Manville (M2 TC), VPO1, 4-3

Third Place: Defeated Cole Brooks (OK RTC), VSU, 12-0

Gavin Brown in the 70kg U20 Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd of 128: Defeated Ethan Wonser (North Dakota), VSU, 10-0, 1:01

Rnd of 64: Defeated Dylan Kamps (Three Forks HS), VSU, 11-0, 0:39

Rnd of 32: Defeated Koa Ruiz (West Coast RTC), VFA, 10-2, 2:08

Rnd of 16: Lost Jordan Williams (Cowboy RTC), VSU1, 12-2, 5:37

Cons 8 #1: Lost to Nick Sanko (Cavalier WC), VSU1, 12-2, 1:29

Seth Shumate in the 86kg U20 Freestyle competition at the U.S. Open

Rnd Of 64: Defeated Kole Mulhauser (New York), VPO1, 12-7

Rnd Of 32: Defeated Michael Bartush (Buffalo Valley RTC), VSU, 10-0, 0:41

Rnd of 16: Lost to Leonard Pinto (Nebraska WTC), VPO1, 12-11

Cons 16 #2: Defeated Andrew Wenzel (Illinois), VFA, 0-0, 0:30

Cons 8 #1: Defeated Cannon Potts, (Deschutes), VSU 10-0, 1:13

Cons 8 #2: Lost to Tate Naaktgeboren (Big Game WC), VPO1, 7-6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Earl Smith-

5) Ohio State

Recruits: #3 Rocco Welsh (Waynesburg, PA - 174 lbs), #22 Ryder Rogotzke (Stillwater, MN - 184/197 lbs), #33 Vincent Kilkeary (Greater Latrobe, PA - 125/133 lbs), #35 Brandon Cannon (Ponderosa, CO - 157 lbs), #53 Brock Herman (Brecksville, OH - 141/149 lbs)

Immediate Impact: Ohio State head coach Tom Ryan has never been shy about starting true freshmen and this class could be no different. Based on lineup decisions and the effectiveness of untested upperclassmen, we could see Rocco Welsh and/or Vincent Kilkeary in the Buckeye lineup immediately. Andre Gonzales was thrust into the Ohio State lineup due to a late-season injury at 125 lbs. Should he or some of the other incumbents stumble, the three-time Pennsylvania state champion, Kilkeary, could be called upon. All-American Ethan Smith has moved on as well, so Welsh could see action right away at 174 lbs. Welsh was a four-time Pennsylvania finalist and two-time champion. If the Buckeyes don’t bump at one (or more) of the middleweights, 174 could belong to Welsh.

Recruiting Strategy: Ohio State is typically one of the schools that opt to shoot for the top blue-chip recruits rather than have classes with seven or eight wrestlers on the back end of the Big Board. That has proven to be the case again in 2023, with the two Pennsylvania champions and two-time Super 32 winner Ryder Rogotzke. This strategy can lead to minimal depth at some weights and a few uncharacteristic dual losses, but has plenty of big tournament potential.  

Overall: This group, along with the #1 ranked class in 2022, should help propel the Buckeyes back into consistent national team title contention. The Ohio State staff didn’t have to go very far to see this class in action as three of its wrestlers finished in the top three at the Walsh Ironman last December. Welsh won the tournament, while Brandon Cannon was a finalist and Brock Herman was third. Cannon is perhaps the best story from the 2023 class. He was a top wrestler in this class as a freshman, but had a tumor found on his back, then fought back to become the #35 overall wrestler in the Class of 2023. 

Past Classes: 2022: #1 2021: #9

https://rokfin.com/article/13661/InterMats-2023-Recruiting-Class-Rankings-Part-Two-112

 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

Ben Davino - "A top-five recruit in his class, Davino is also ranked #1 at 126 lbs in the national high school rankings. The St. Charles East junior has long been known for his pace, but this year his hit-list has taken center stage. He's earned two victories over Princeton commit Marc-Anthony McGowan at Who's Number One and Ironman, and took out Penn State commits Mason Gibson and Braeden Davis in the Super 32 finals and semifinals respectively.  Davino is the first big domino to fall for the Buckeyes in the class of 2024."

~FLO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the lineup looking like this and it includes 2 true freshman!

125 - Kilkeary/McCrone - expect McCrone to get the start and then maybe in late January switch to Kilkeary after his 5 matches are up 
133 - Bouzakis - Should be in the top 4 and maybe higher, especially if Vito takes an olympic redshirt
141 - Mendez/Decatur - I think Mendez just wants to compete; someone mentioned Decatur is in the portal and could still move on.
149 - D'Emilio/Herman - DD has been cutting hard, last season to compete, eat and enjoy.
157 - Sasso/Wilcox - Sammy has looked good up at 70 KG for freestyle, this is probably a sign that he has moved on from 149.
165 - Hepner/Paddy/Wilcox - Most interesting lineup battle for sure.  Would like one of these guys to distance himself, but honestly wouldn't even know who to bet on?
174 - Kharchla/Welsh- Although he blew big leads in the U23s, I don't see that happening in folkstyle.  Length could be an issue at 174 but gas tank hopefully won't be.
184 - Rogotzke/Shumate - 2x super 32 champ doesn't happen by accident, I think Ryder is the real deal and goes right away.
197 - Hoffman/Geog - I heard on a podcast that Hoffman had a hamstring issue at the back end of last year, looking forward to a healthy Hoffman.  Since no redshirt available, could see these guys splitting duty and maybe a late season wrestle off?
285 - Feldman - Excited for him to get his chance!

 

Curious for those that are close to the program, does Tom ever look at late season lineup changes that aren't injury related?  I could see Kilkeary and Rogotzke coming on a little later in the season and maybe worth putting them in the lineup late December/January.  Any precedent for that besides Myles Martin which worked out quite well!  Also wonder with the battles at 165, do they wrestle by committee until someone outperforms?

 

  • Fire 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, scorenomore said:

I see the lineup looking like this and it includes 2 true freshman!

125 - Kilkeary/McCrone - expect McCrone to get the start and then maybe in late January switch to Kilkeary after his 5 matches are up 
133 - Bouzakis - Should be in the top 4 and maybe higher, especially if Vito takes an olympic redshirt
141 - Mendez/Decatur - I think Mendez just wants to compete; someone mentioned Decatur is in the portal and could still move on.
149 - D'Emilio/Herman - DD has been cutting hard, last season to compete, eat and enjoy.
157 - Sasso/Wilcox - Sammy has looked good up at 70 KG for freestyle, this is probably a sign that he has moved on from 149.
165 - Hepner/Paddy/Wilcox - Most interesting lineup battle for sure.  Would like one of these guys to distance himself, but honestly wouldn't even know who to bet on?
174 - Kharchla/Welsh- Although he blew big leads in the U23s, I don't see that happening in folkstyle.  Length could be an issue at 174 but gas tank hopefully won't be.
184 - Rogotzke/Shumate - 2x super 32 champ doesn't happen by accident, I think Ryder is the real deal and goes right away.
197 - Hoffman/Geog - I heard on a podcast that Hoffman had a hamstring issue at the back end of last year, looking forward to a healthy Hoffman.  Since no redshirt available, could see these guys splitting duty and maybe a late season wrestle off?
285 - Feldman - Excited for him to get his chance!

 

Curious for those that are close to the program, does Tom ever look at late season lineup changes that aren't injury related?  I could see Kilkeary and Rogotzke coming on a little later in the season and maybe worth putting them in the lineup late December/January.  Any precedent for that besides Myles Martin which worked out quite well!  Also wonder with the battles at 165, do they wrestle by committee until someone outperforms?

 

Vito has said countless times that he is wrestling next season and that he thinks being in school this long is a disservice to the process.

  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2023 at 3:02 AM, scorenomore said:

I see the lineup looking like this and it includes 2 true freshman!

125 - Kilkeary/McCrone - expect McCrone to get the start and then maybe in late January switch to Kilkeary after his 5 matches are up 
133 - Bouzakis - Should be in the top 4 and maybe higher, especially if Vito takes an olympic redshirt
141 - Mendez/Decatur - I think Mendez just wants to compete; someone mentioned Decatur is in the portal and could still move on.
149 - D'Emilio/Herman - DD has been cutting hard, last season to compete, eat and enjoy.
157 - Sasso/Wilcox - Sammy has looked good up at 70 KG for freestyle, this is probably a sign that he has moved on from 149.
165 - Hepner/Paddy/Wilcox - Most interesting lineup battle for sure.  Would like one of these guys to distance himself, but honestly wouldn't even know who to bet on?
174 - Kharchla/Welsh- Although he blew big leads in the U23s, I don't see that happening in folkstyle.  Length could be an issue at 174 but gas tank hopefully won't be.
184 - Rogotzke/Shumate - 2x super 32 champ doesn't happen by accident, I think Ryder is the real deal and goes right away.
197 - Hoffman/Geog - I heard on a podcast that Hoffman had a hamstring issue at the back end of last year, looking forward to a healthy Hoffman.  Since no redshirt available, could see these guys splitting duty and maybe a late season wrestle off?
285 - Feldman - Excited for him to get his chance!

 

Curious for those that are close to the program, does Tom ever look at late season lineup changes that aren't injury related?  I could see Kilkeary and Rogotzke coming on a little later in the season and maybe worth putting them in the lineup late December/January.  Any precedent for that besides Myles Martin which worked out quite well!  Also wonder with the battles at 165, do they wrestle by committee until someone outperforms?

 

Mendez is RSing(Decatur is not in the portal).  DD will be at 41. Sasso at 49 (If they bump up, Wilcox/Paddy lose their spot). Wilcox or Paddy at 57. Hepner at 65. Kharch 74. Shumate 84. Geog /Hoffman at 97. Feldman at 285.

All the freshman RS.

 

  • Fire 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Mendez is RSing(Decatur is not in the portal).  DD will be at 41. Sasso at 49 (If they bump up, Wilcox/Paddy lose their spot). Wilcox or Paddy at 57. Hepner at 65. Kharch 74. Shumate 84. Geog /Hoffman at 97. Feldman at 285.

All the freshman RS.

 

I've been wrong a couple times and that's just today!  But, I feel pretty strongly that there will be at least 1 true freshman that starts and I think there is a good chance that two start.  Also think Sammy is going up.  I suspect the team already knows and is just keeping it quiet.  I predict we see Vinney in the starting lineup unless he gets hurt.  

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, scorenomore said:

I've been wrong a couple times and that's just today!  But, I feel pretty strongly that there will be at least 1 true freshman that starts and I think there is a good chance that two start.  Also think Sammy is going up.  I suspect the team already knows and is just keeping it quiet.  I predict we see Vinney in the starting lineup unless he gets hurt.  

I'm all for it. 

Go Buckeyes!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, MPhillips said:

Mendez is RSing(Decatur is not in the portal).  DD will be at 41. Sasso at 49 (If they bump up, Wilcox/Paddy lose their spot). Wilcox or Paddy at 57. Hepner at 65. Kharch 74. Shumate 84. Geog /Hoffman at 97. Feldman at 285.

All the freshman RS.

 

Now I'm sure Sammy is going 57 and DD 49...:classic_huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also interesting to me is that the 2020 #15 152lber is the favorite over the 2020 and 2021 #1 160lber for the 165lb spot when they were from the same High School and have been training in the same room collegiately.

  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am pretty stoked to see this lineup, even as a Michigander.

In a dual with UofM I have Ohio State favored at 149 and 197 with Michigan favored at 125 and 285 and the rest being potential swing matches, depending on the lineup.

I am very curious if Geog beats out Hoffman at 197 (guy wrestled under 170lbs at a high school tournament two seasons ago (~18 months)... guy is massive now.  Reminds me of Michigan's Anthony Biondo from about 15 years ago.  Guy grew rather linear in high school, starting at 103 or 112 and finishing at 152 as a senior then as a frosh at UofM I believe he went 174... my thinking was that it was probably just him not cutting at all... Then I actually saw him in a dual at 197 and the guy grew three feet wider between then and two years prior.  It was impressive.

I think they had planned on Shumate being the guy at 184 during the recruiting process and all that, but Geog will give him a run if he makes that drop.  That said I think him-Hoffman is a thing and we might be surprised by Geog.

Sasso at 157 is an absolute title favorite.  Over Haines?  I say yes even if most people might say no.  Fortunately for Michigan, Lewan matches up well with Sasso.

Bouzakis at 133 is ready, I think.  I know he got handled by another true frosh in Crook at 141 last year... but that wasn't 133.  I think 133 is his weight and he is going to show us that.

Mendez at 141 or Decatur?  Decatur is a lot like Alvarez.  I don't know if 141 is the weight for him.  Unfortunately for him he has never shown any signs of improvement on bottom so going up to 149 will be difficult to do successfully... even if he can beat D'Emilio.

I think Feldman is right there and basically a lock for AA, even if I think it is in the 6-8 range.

I am of the mind, with this squad... they need to start whomever is best.  They have so much potential and it is Sasso's last season.  Save redshirts for potential injuries.

Kilkeary

Bouzakis

Mendez

D'Emilio

Sasso

Hepner/Paddy

Kharchla

Shumate

Geog

Feldman

GETSOME

  • Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am pretty stoked to see this lineup, even as a Michigander.

In a dual with UofM I have Ohio State favored at 149 and 197 with Michigan favored at 125 and 285 and the rest being potential swing matches, depending on the lineup.

I am very curious if Geog beats out Hoffman at 197 (guy wrestled under 170lbs at a high school tournament two seasons ago (~18 months)... guy is massive now.  Reminds me of Michigan's Anthony Biondo from about 15 years ago.  Guy grew rather linear in high school, starting at 103 or 112 and finishing at 152 as a senior then as a frosh at UofM I believe he went 174... my thinking was that it was probably just him not cutting at all... Then I actually saw him in a dual at 197 and the guy grew three feet wider between then and two years prior.  It was impressive.

I think they had planned on Shumate being the guy at 184 during the recruiting process and all that, but Geog will give him a run if he makes that drop.  That said I think him-Hoffman is a thing and we might be surprised by Geog.

Sasso at 157 is an absolute title favorite.  Over Haines?  I say yes even if most people might say no.  Fortunately for Michigan, Lewan matches up well with Sasso.

Bouzakis at 133 is ready, I think.  I know he got handled by another true frosh in Crook at 141 last year... but that wasn't 133.  I think 133 is his weight and he is going to show us that.

Mendez at 141 or Decatur?  Decatur is a lot like Alvarez.  I don't know if 141 is the weight for him.  Unfortunately for him he has never shown any signs of improvement on bottom so going up to 149 will be difficult to do successfully... even if he can beat D'Emilio.

I think Feldman is right there and basically a lock for AA, even if I think it is in the 6-8 range.

I am of the mind, with this squad... they need to start whomever is best.  They have so much potential and it is Sasso's last season.  Save redshirts for potential injuries.

Kilkeary

Bouzakis

Mendez

D'Emilio

Sasso

Hepner/Paddy

Kharchla

Shumate

Geog

Feldman

GETSOME

Sasso vs Haines?

I'll be looking forward to that one!

  • Fire 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2023 at 7:39 AM, nhs67 said:

Also interesting to me is that the 2020 #15 152lber is the favorite over the 2020 and 2021 #1 160lber for the 165lb spot when they were from the same High School and have been training in the same room collegiately.

Agreed. It is interesting.  This needs to be the season Paddy turns it up. The wrestle offs between Paddy/Hepner and Hoffman/Geog I believe are going to matter this season, unlike last year when Kharch lost.  

I'm sure a year in the room has helped Bouzakis a bunch, and he's said as much and FWIW he's been great wrestling FS this season.

I think Mendez takes a RS and if he doesn't that will be just fine with me. Decatur was in and then out of the portal and that makes me believe he knows he's going to get a shot.

D'Emilio at 149. I believe Sammy will be Sammy at 157. Not sure how much familiarity the rest of the field has with him and that should work in his advantage.

Hopefully Kharch can stay healthy and moving up has to help that.  I've heard from folks that he was pretty miserable last season.

Shumate is going to get his shot at 184. His stock dropped quite a bit in folks eyes. Interested to see him in a full season.

Hoffman/Geog is a toss up. I want Geog and if he doesn't get 197 spot I don't think he can get to 184 and be effective. Although I do believe he beats Shumate.

Feldman is going to be fine. He's going to struggle with some of the bigger HVY's. Excited to see him healthy and wrestling.

GO BUCKS!

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites




  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Nick Sahakian

    St. John Bosco, California
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Michigan
    Projected Weight: 285

    Anthony Rinehart

    Crown Point, Indiana
    Class of 2025
    Committed to California Baptist
    Projected Weight: 165

    Luke Satriano

    Valley Central, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 125, 133

    Evan Boblits

    St. Mary's Ryken, Maryland
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Navy
    Projected Weight: 149

    Gavin Jendreas

    Crown Point, Indiana
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Indiana
    Projected Weight: 125, 133
×
×
  • Create New...