Hodge Watch

peanut

Who are the top contenders for the Hodge this year?

I'd say Parris and Starocci are in contention. RBY and Carr, as well, especially considering how difficult their weight classes are. Woods, Alirez, and a few others as well.

If everybody thought Spencer deserved it even though 125 cleared out then you have to give it to RBY. Both are seniors, RBY has the longest winning streak in the country and he's beaten some bigtime guys in his career. 

That is assuming he gets by Vito, it's going to be a good one.

1 minute ago, buckshot said:

If everybody thought Spencer deserved it even though 125 cleared out then you have to give it to RBY. Both are seniors, RBY has the longest winning streak in the country and he's beaten some bigtime guys in his career. 

That is assuming he gets by Vito, it's going to be a good one.

You can make an argument for him, but I think you're going way to far suggesting that you have to give it to him.  Carr is as good a choice as any (if not better).

• Fire 2

If Mason Parris wins, he's got to be right there. I think he's been the most dominant of the contenders. 

RBY, Starocci, Carr, Yanni all likely in the mix as well. Yanni seems like it would be a career achievement award, but I wouldn't be made at that. A four-timer is a four-timer. 

• Fire 1

Does the Hodge criteria factor in credentials from previous years?  If not, then Yianni should not be in the running after taking a loss this year.  

Assuming all win, I’d say:

1) Carr

2) Parris

3) RBY

4) Starocci

***Parris gets it if he pins or techs Kerk, so long as Carr doesn’t do the same thing to KOT.

State your case why a potentially victorious Carr is not the Hodge winner.

Undefeated.  Beat two National Champions and a National finalist...

Who had a tougher road?

Maybe RBY deserves it for picking down on Nagao 😉

Edited by jross

7 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

I think Parris or Carr if they win tonite. Both will be unbeaten, and Parris will have beaten Kerkvliet 3x while Carr will have beaten KOT 3x. They'd all have a case, though. 

I agree. Carr #1, then Parris.

I picked Kerk coming into this one and...I'm NOT feeling good about that right now. I mean, I know PSU comes through more often than not, but Parris looks like a man on a mission.