Seriously, Michigan?

nhs67

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Be brief but comprehensive.  You can address all your concerns in half the words and have more clarity.  Concise.

You re-elect the moat evil cunt in the history of Michigan governors?

The first post. 

So again, I'm sorry, but your moral outrage over my posts or the length thereof comes off a bit disingenuous. 

I don't recall you chastising him for ugly vulgar attacks...or Nailbender or really anyone else. So...again, thanks for the advice. I'm a big boy though. I'll respond as I see fit.

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

The first post. 

So again, I'm sorry, but your moral outrage over my posts or the length thereof comes off a bit disingenuous. 

I don't recall you chastising him for ugly vulgar attacks...or Nailbender or really anyone else. So...again, thanks for the advice. I'm a big boy though. I'll respond as I see fit.

Okay and there is deflection.  If there is one thing that triggers me…

Nah there is another.  You can search my posts and witness me lose my marbles over the thought process that normalizes elective abortion for the 70% selfish scenario.  Nobody listens when I get going on that topic.  Nobody is listening to you here.  

You are not alone… but you can be better.  I want to listen to your thoughts but you make it hard.

9 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

The irony of this statement is just too rich.

I quoted your own posts and you still don't understand, it's from the SAME video.

He never said to blindly shoot through the door.

He said step out on the balcony. 

You didn't read your own link and you're not big enough to concede that point now. 

He said both. Once again my words stand on their own and so do yours. When will you learn?

11 hours ago, jross said:

Nah there is another.  You can search my posts and witness me lose my marbles over the thought process that normalizes elective abortion for the 70% selfish scenario.  Nobody listens when I get going on that topic.  Nobody is listening to you here.  

You are not alone… but you can be better.  I want to listen to your thoughts but you make it hard.

And I can attest that you jross have busted my chops when I was an idiot...which is quite often.  And I agree...I am really open to listening to others who have a different opinion than mine, but man that guy makes it hard based on his writing style...not saying it's all on him as I have severe ADHD and an attention span of a nat.  He does seem to at least try and base some of his opinions on data/facts/a little logic, but at the end of the day I personally think all of those things fall way short of blaming an inanimate object.  Gun laws and regulations should be made for the fact that gun ownership is a huge responsibility and shouldn't be taken lightly...and not hang the hat on that they are somehow going to magically stop school shootings.

12 hours ago, jross said:

Be brief but comprehensive.  You can address all your concerns in half the words and have more clarity.  Concise.

Attention @scourge165

Below is an example of being concise and with a less emotional charge.  I apologize if I misrepresented your case in previous comments.

The regulations on firearms need to be strengthened, with the implementation of a nationwide registry, mandatory insurance requirement, and an end to private sales and loopholes in gun shows. Certain weapons, such as the AR-15 equipped with extended magazines and bump stocks, have an unnecessarily high rate of fire and pose a threat to public safety while serving no legitimate purpose in self-defense or hunting.

Now I'm thinking here is an intelligent guy that speaks clearly and I might learn something from.  Why might he think that way?  What are my thoughts on it?

48 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

And I can attest that you jross have busted my chops when I was an idiot...which is quite often.  And I agree...I am really open to listening to others who have a different opinion than mine, but man that guy makes it hard based on his writing style...not saying it's all on him as I have severe ADHD and an attention span of a nat.  He does seem to at least try and base some of his opinions on data/facts/a little logic, but at the end of the day I personally think all of those things fall way short of blaming an inanimate object.  Gun laws and regulations should be made for the fact that gun ownership is a huge responsibility and shouldn't be taken lightly...and not hang the hat on that they are somehow going to magically stop school shootings.

He says many good thoughts but I have to block out the blabs and focus to comprehend.

How to remove guns from the good guys.

You require mandatory insurance to own them and charge a high price.

How do I know? 

Today, I added my 16-year-old daughter to my vehicle insurance plan for ~$2000.  Why did I wait so long to switch her from the learning permit to the regular license?  The cost.  

If I was required to maintain high-cost gun insurance because there are kids in my house, or if I had to pay a young gun owner premium, I wouldn't own many guns.  And this seems wrong.  But maybe the purpose of this requirement is to reduce the number of guns bought by the good folks such that the market influences fewer guns being made, and then there are fewer guns for criminals to get ahold of.  

What would happen is the good folks would sell their guns off cheaply to the bad guys. Crime would continue to be high, but there would be less opportunity to defend oneself.  There are enough guns in circulation to power criminals for the next century, so police will have to be tougher on crime.  The government would bungle buying guns at a premium to get them off the street.  In the end, we need a tougher consequences for criminal gun behavior.  This brings me back to much greater policing in the worst city blocks, especially since it's already proven effective in studies.  But also go overboard on addressing poverty in those extreme poverty and criminal areas.  I don't mean to give out $5M to each citizen, but rather overfund educators, public housing, health care, healthy food, city improvement jobs, etc.

• Fire 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, Nailbender said:

He said both. Once again my words stand on their own and so do yours. When will you learn?

When you stop posting links referring to his comments whilst ignoring the ACTUAL video of his comments. 

STEP OUT ONTO THE BALCONY...does not equate to blindly shoot through the door. 

Again, willful ignorance. 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, jross said:

I could give a shit if you're triggered. Don't whine to me about using naughty words when the opening post calls the Gov from Michigan a cunt. 

Your pearl clutching just...doesn't quite land when that goes by without a word said, but the word "shit," or whatever sends you into a little tizzy. 

And I'm quite sure several people listened to me. I know this because...I got reactions and messages regarding my comments. Best you speak for yourself with regard to who's "listening," eh?

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

When you stop posting links referring to his comments whilst ignoring the ACTUAL video of his comments. 

STEP OUT ONTO THE BALCONY...does not equate to blindly shoot through the door. 

Again, willful ignorance. 

Biden said both to go onto the balcony to fire in the air and to just shoot through the door.

These were two different interviews with Biden on two different occasions. Both comments were in the news within a week of each other. Your video is from a Facebook chat. My quote is from an interview with Field and Stream magazine. The articles I posted reference your quote on video as a similar comment from Biden to the quote I posted from Field and Stream. The articles are actually about Biden giving stupid advice about guns twice in a short period.

Snopes finds my quote "mostly true" adding "mostly" only because they want to ad context to it. They explain as much. They don't dispute that he did say EXACTLY what I posted.

You are hypocritically hurling the "ad hominems" you claim to be against all while being completely an utterly wrong. No amount of capital letters or insults will change that fact. I have now proven and explained this as clearly as anyone possibly can without pictures in crayon. I can't understand it for you. Good luck

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I could give a shit if you're triggered. Don't whine to me about using naughty words when the opening post calls the Gov from Michigan a cunt. 

Your pearl clutching just...doesn't quite land when that goes by without a word said, but the word "shit," or whatever sends you into a little tizzy. 

And I'm quite sure several people listened to me. I know this because...I got reactions and messages regarding my comments. Best you speak for yourself with regard to who's "listening," eh?

Which part of the phrase "when there is constant emotion and personal attack" suggests that I care about the use of 'naughty words?"  

It's natural to become defensive when one's ideas and beliefs are challenged. Unfortunately, this often leads to the use of confrontational and dismissive language. Focusing on the issue at hand, instead of getting caught up in the emotions, takes effort and mindfulness. Despite our differences, I actually align with your perspectives to a certain extent. However, the current communication style is making it difficult for me to hear your ideas. There's no room for a calm and productive conversation when opinions diverge. This type of behavior is reminiscent of the negativity on Twitter and it's disheartening.

If your intention is to spark meaningful discussions with people of a different viewpoint, this approach fails. Are you receiving insightful feedback from Nailbender, who typically presents a respectful demeanor? Or is he resorting to 'aggressive defensive' language in response?

7 minutes ago, jross said:

Which part of the phrase "when there is constant emotion and personal attack" suggests that I care about the use of 'naughty words?"  

It's natural to become defensive when one's ideas and beliefs are challenged. Unfortunately, this often leads to the use of confrontational and dismissive language. Focusing on the issue at hand, instead of getting caught up in the emotions, takes effort and mindfulness. Despite our differences, I actually align with your perspectives to a certain extent. However, the current communication style is making it difficult for me to hear your ideas. There's no room for a calm and productive conversation when opinions diverge. This type of behavior is reminiscent of the negativity on Twitter and it's disheartening.

If your intention is to spark meaningful discussions with people of a different viewpoint, this approach fails. Are you receiving insightful feedback from Nailbender, who typically presents a respectful demeanor? Or is he resorting to 'aggressive defensive' language in response?

No one receives insightful feedback from Nailbender.

I'm not leaving that one just lofted up there for everyone. 🙂

Edited by Nailbender
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 2