Juicy story lines heading into 2023 NCAAs

Dark Energy

Outside of the Spencer and Yianni push for four, lay out the best story lines.  No need to debate them.  

Max Dean #1:  Left Cornell early to go to PSU and is wrestling 197.  Bumped a returning AA out of lineup - Michael Beard .  Beard left to be a starter.  At Lehigh.  Beats Max in dual this year.  Match at NCAAs will have all eyes on it.

Max Dean #2:  Turns out Cornell has a decent 197.  Jacob Cardenas.  Who just beat Beard.  Can Cardenas beat Dean?  Odds are low but I’d call this juicy.

Others?

• Fire 2

Off the top of my head:

David Carr vs. Keegan O'Toole round 3 (If it happens, 165 is about as loaded as a weight comes)

RBY vs Fix round 3 (Will Fix finish runner-up for the 4th time?) Also don't forget about Vito who could throw a wrench into things.

Can Levi Haines be the next PSU Freshman Champ?

Will Fix lose for a 4th time in the NCAA final?

Can the Big Ten conference win 9 out of 10 titles?

Will we see two finals pitting former (or current) NCAA champs against one another:  C-Starr vs. Lewis and Griffith/O'Toole/Carr

Can a freshman win NCAAs this year?

Will Big Ten teams sweep the podium?

Which weight will be the last one to go on Saturday night?

How soon or how late will the team race be decided?

Will the Hodge race be locked up when NCAAs are over?

What is the over/under on Will Lewan's matches going to SV with 4 or fewer total points being scored?

And, of course, will the Mongolians take off their clothes and jump around if they disagree with a referee decision ... oh wait, that is freestyle

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, SocraTease said:

Will we see two finals pitting former (or current) NCAA champs against one another:  C-Starr vs. Lewis and Griffith/O'Toole/Carr

What is the over/under on Will Lewan's matches going to SV with 4 or fewer total points being scored?

And, of course, will the Mongolians take off their clothes and jump around if they disagree with a referee decision ... oh wait, that is freestyle

Fix will not be the natty champ (see what I did there )

over under on Lewan matches 2.5

2 hours ago, SocraTease said:

If the Mongolians are available, I will pay to fly them in to handle any and all coaches' challenges.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If the Mongolians are available, I will pay to fly them in to handle any and all coaches' challenges.

If it makes them any quicker, I'll split it with you.  Maybe even better, we pay the Mongolians (Mongols?) to steal those damn bricks.