Montana is trying to outdo the rest of the red states

Mike Parrish

There is an angle to dismiss the food pyramid... but

its a tad silly to defend the food pyramid against lobbyist-driven corruption by saying "its not science."  "Follow the food pyramid" is a good example in today's world of "trust the science," simplified representation or not.  It is lipstick on a pig.

• Fire 2

Just now, jross said:

its a tad silly to defend the food pyramid against lobbyist-driven corruption by saying "its not science."  "Follow the food pyramid" is a good example in today's world of "trust the science," simplified representation or not.  It is lipstick on a pig.

i just did not have the energy to continue, but...

you nailed it...

you kinda have to admire the attempt at trickery if it was not so obvious...

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Except one thing... Nobody in this thread is defending the food pyramid, right?

I know I'm not.

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

i just did not have the energy to continue, but...

you nailed it...

you kinda have to admire the attempt at trickery if it was not so obvious...

In case you forgot,

This thing started between us when I made posts that the food pyramid is not science and that it isn't good.

Now we've got a bozo who claims I'm defending it and is now posting garbage 'noise' posts like a lunatic.

How quickly an intelligent conversation can turn bad.

LBJ - In all seriousness, if you ever again wonder why people can't use their intelligence to discuss and come to a mutual understanding. You're witnessing it right now. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

This thing started between us when I made posts that the food pyramid is not science and that it isn't good.

Why are you talking about how the food pyramid is not science when it doesn't change the meaning of the conversatzen anymore than my my misspelled word does this statement.

Edited by jross

i absolutely do not wonder about that...

i learned that lesson before i even sprouted one hair...

people will argue not for right or wrong, but, just to be "feel" right...

because you don't believe the food pyramid anymore you dismiss the science that was used to create it and justify the agenda...

you were finally told it was wrong so now it was never science...

this is all very typical and does not bother me at all... 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

i absolutely do not wonder about that...

i learned that lesson before i even sprouted one hair...

people will argue not for right or wrong, but, just to be "feel" right...

because you don't believe the food pyramid anymore you dismiss the science that was used to create it and justify the agenda...

you were finally told it was wrong so now it was never science...

this is all very typical and does not bother me at all... 

One last parting thought.

Imagine if somebody was charged with creating a simple one-page image that communicates decades of hard science by many thousands of learned professionals in a way that everybody in the country can understand. All of nutritional science boiled down to a single image that communicates .. 'Hey, do this.'

It was a flawed idea - never had a chance at succeeding. Nutritional science is fine. Food pyramid was dumb from the start. 

Go ahead, somebody try to make a 30"x42" poster that explains wrestling so we all know how to do it.

Good luck.

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

One last parting thought.

Imagine if somebody was charged with creating a simple one-page image that communicates decades of hard science by many thousands of learned professionals in a way that everybody in the country can understand. All of nutritional science boiled down to a single image that communicates .. 'Hey, do this.'

It was a flawed idea - never had a chance at succeeding. Nutritional science is fine. Food pyramid was dumb from the start. 

Go ahead, somebody try to make a 30"x42" poster that explains wrestling so we all know how to do it.

Good luck.

hindsight is easy...

it was based in "science"...

"science" was used to justify the findings...

you can not claim it was never "science" just because it has finally been proven wrong...

Logically wearing a mask helps prevent Covid but what does the science summarize about mask effectiveness?  I'm confused.

• Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of influenza-like illness or COVID-19 compared to not wearing masks, and N95/P2 respirators compared with medical/surgical masks probably make little or no difference for the objective and more precise outcome of laboratory‐confirmed influenza infection.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

if you are **trigger word** then you can not get **trigger word**

if you are **trigger word** then you can not pass on **trigger word**

if you are not **trigger word** then you will be fired/dishonorably discharged/ostracized/100% safe...

all you got to do is..

(all together now)

TRUST THE SCIENCE!!!!

8 hours ago, jross said:

Logically wearing a mask helps prevent Covid but what does the science summarize about mask effectiveness?  I'm confused.

• Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of influenza-like illness or COVID-19 compared to not wearing masks, and N95/P2 respirators compared with medical/surgical masks probably make little or no difference for the objective and more precise outcome of laboratory‐confirmed influenza infection.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

I literally came on here this morning going to post this exact thing...thank you!

Wish we could go back and read some of the old Covid threads on the mat.com...I know I got into a lot of debates with people about Covid...you may have been one of them as my stance was a little aggressive...but man, sure wish some of those who on here arguing "science" could re-read what they wrote about Covid and the "science" now...where is that hindsight??

This looks deceptive.  I didn't see any mention of masks mitigating spread (e.g. everyone masked), only preventing infection by wearing a mask.  If those H1N1 studies in 2009 are  from the US - well I don't remember masking mandates then.

Edited by Plasmodium

41 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I literally came on here this morning going to post this exact thing...thank you!

Wish we could go back and read some of the old Covid threads on the mat.com...I know I got into a lot of debates with people about Covid...you may have been one of them as my stance was a little aggressive...but man, sure wish some of those who on here arguing "science" could re-read what they wrote about Covid and the "science" now...where is that hindsight??

I don't see anything in hind sight suggesting social distancing, hygiene, vaccinations and masking failed to mitigate COVID.   In hind sight, I saw a lot of arm chair quarterbacks who did their own research and sabotaged everyone else.

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

The most glaring example that ties science, Covid and the Twitter thread all together, is the lab leak theory. People were kicked off Twitter for mentioning it and now it is a leading theroy on how Covid began, is it not?

SSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(just trust the science)

• Fire 1