Explain yourself

jross

On 11/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, mspart said:

Did they ever ban anyone else for mentioning some other wrestling forum?   That's just beyond the pale.  

Whomever the mod was (an Oklahoma State fan, I think?) after Jason Bryant banned me for calling the Open Mat the Closed Mat because they banned me, even though they were a "harbinger" of those disillusioned by other forums' rules.  Enjoy the irony.

Beyond the pale, indeed, eh?!

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 11/14/2022 at 7:07 AM, Crotalus said:

Crotalus is a genus of rattlesnakes (contains the vast majority of rattlesnake species). I'm a biologist and much of my career has been spent working with/studying rattlesnakes and other species of snakes.

Dang.  Most of my life has been focused on avoiding snakes of all types.

My name is an homage to my first Physics prof at a University which I won't mention because @Wrestleknownothing will bring that meme out again.  He was a very smart guy and just often enough very funny.  First day he said, "I not only know all the right answers, I also know all the answers you guys will get".  When he said that, I knew we'd get along just ducky.  He was right, he did.  My picture is Eckhart Hall, Dept of Mathematics and Library, University of Chicago.  I spent some time there 74-77.  Then it was out Workin For A Livin, and as they say, the rest is history.

15 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
2 hours ago, BerniePragle said:
Dang.  Most of my life has been focused on avoiding snakes of all types.

I mean, I don't want to tell you you've been wasting your life, but..... you've certainly been missing out.

Oh, I ran into my share of snakes in college and later in the business world.  Out in nature... better you than me.  I always say they're all deadly to me.  They all could give me a heart attack.  From the time I was about 11, I've always lived pretty much out in the country, but can't do snakes.  Crazy thing is my son was always fascinated by them. My wife took him to Clyde Peeling's Reptileland years ago and he loved it.  I was not going!  My grandson (not his son, my daughter's son) is even more fascinated by them.  He has caught huge rat snakes and such.  Hey, maybe these aren't really my kids.  Where's Jerry Springer?

Oh, I ran into my share of snakes in college and later in the business world.  Out in nature... better you than me.  I always say they're all deadly to me.  They all could give me a heart attack.  From the time I was about 11, I've always lived pretty much out in the country, but can't do snakes.  Crazy thing is my son was always fascinated by them. My wife took him to Clyde Peeling's Reptileland years ago and he loved it.  I was not going!  My grandson (not his son, my daughter's son) is even more fascinated by them.  He has caught huge rat snakes and such.  Hey, maybe these aren't really my kids.  Where's Jerry Springer?
I hope your grandson keeps that interest. Having worked as a naturalist and done a lot of outreach/teaching, I've found that most children are fascinated by them, but somewhere around their teenage years it switches and they don't want to be in the same room. The farther they stay from the slithering humans, the happier they will be.