Tech NC State this weekend

Hammerlock3

Andonian smoked Scott. Nearly pinned twice. Bryce gave up a reversal and backs, otherwise he’d got the TF. He’s a gunslinger though and will risk back points to get back points. At times, he looks totally disengaged from the match and them bammmm!!!

Go see this dude live if you have the chance. He’s the most exciting wrestler I’ve ever watched live. 

36 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Andonian will win this year's title unless Haines takes him

I hope you are right. Based off his reported injury, lack of wrestling and forfeiting last Sunday, I honestly didn’t expect to see him wreck Scott that bad. There was a noticeable difference in skills tonight and Scott is a really good wrestler. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, flyingcement said:

125: Eddie Ventresca dec Jarrett Trombley 3-0

133: Sam Latona dec Kai Orine 6-0

141: Ryan Jack dec Tom Crook 6-3

149: Caleb Henson dec Jackson Arrington 9-3

157: Ed Scott major Clayton Ulrey 9-7

165: Connor Brady dec Donald Cates 12-7

174: Mekhi Lewis major Alex Faison 16-7

184: Trent Hidlay dec Hunter Bolen 16-10

197: Isaac Trumble dec Andy Smith 16-13

285: Owen Trephan dec Hunter Catka 16-16

You weren't too far off, except 197 and 157.  But 197 was a surprise and 157... well, what can I say...

• Fire 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:47 PM, BerniePragle said:

This ref uses the old half of 2 equals 1 call when a reversal is close when the wrestlers go out of bounds.  Haven't seen that in a while. 

What do you mean?  "Loss of control" is a pretty standard call

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

What do you mean?  "Loss of control" is a pretty standard call

I don't know.  An old pet peeve of mine.  Wrestlers go out of bounds and ref makes an escape call that never would have been made in bounds.  Down wrestler possibly halfway to a reversal, so 1 point.  Kind of hard to pinpoint/explain without a video.  

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I don't know.  An old pet peeve of mine.  Wrestlers go out of bounds and ref makes an escape call that never would have been made in bounds.  Down wrestler possibly halfway to a reversal, so 1 point.  Kind of hard to pinpoint/explain without a video.  

The same call would also typically be made at the end of a period

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, 11986 said:

I hope Andonian wins, but don't forget about Austin O'Connor as well. He's had his number in the past.  

I get ranking Robb over O'Connor but I am not sure why Coleman and Franek have been ranked above him. I think he wins it this year.

5 hours ago, 11986 said:

I hope Andonian wins, but don't forget about Austin O'Connor as well. He's had his number in the past.  

They scrap on Feb 10th. Austin has won the previous two matches against Andonian. Andonian threw O’Connor in the first match. I think he avoided upper body the second match but can say for certain he will in the dual and ACC tourney

4 minutes ago, creek chub said:

They scrap on Feb 10th. Austin has won the previous two matches against Andonian. Andonian threw O’Connor in the first match. I think he avoided upper body the second match but can say for certain he will in the dual and ACC tourney

wrestlestat has O'Connor winning 4 x previously vs Andonian.