Goo Bid Reddd

jajensen09

Pinto is 13-6 on the year, but he's expected to challenge for an NCAA title next year? 

He has losses to Bolen, Salazar, Malczewski, Keckeisen and...Cade King? With three of those being pins, by the way. 

Brooks, Keckeisen and Hidlay all have another year (or more) left.

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Pinto is 13-6 on the year, but he's expected to challenge for an NCAA title next year? 

He has losses to Bolen, Salazar, Malczewski, Keckeisen and...Cade King? With three of those being pins, by the way. 

Obviously you haven't watched the kid wrestle. He is an absolute stud! He also might drop to 174 since Labbs is gone. Watch Pinto wrestle and you will change your mind, kid has soooo much talent!

21 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Don't forget the loss to Sahm AbdulRassaq. Pinto is a solid redshirt freshman but will obviously need to make a big leap to challenge for a title (unless you are watching through corn colored lenses). 

11 minutes ago, Gus said:

Don't forget the loss to Sahm AbdulRassaq. Pinto is a solid redshirt freshman but will obviously need to make a big leap to challenge for a title (unless you are watching through corn colored lenses). 

I am watching everyone of his matches. With a little better gas tank he'll be challenging for AA spot this year

41 minutes ago, Gus said:

SmartSelect_20230117-101707_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cba5569d32739a7fc38e4e3a6b838584.jpg

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Obviously you haven't watched the kid wrestle. He is an absolute stud! He also might drop to 174 since Labbs is gone. Watch Pinto wrestle and you will change your mind, kid has soooo much talent!

I know I'm wasting my breath here, but you have a 6 lose freshman returning against either Aaron Brooks or Carter Starocci as a part of a good chance to win four? 

When I am looking for a good place to eat in Lincoln, I will not be asking you.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know I'm wasting my breath here, but you have a 6 lose freshman returning against either Aaron Brooks or Carter Starocci as a part of a good chance to win four? 

Ok bud 👍  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You think they are both coming back? Pinto is big time

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Coming back?

You think Brooks wouldn't use his last year of eligibility to be a 4-timer, assuming he wins this year? 

You think Starocci wouldn't want to be a 4-timer, either? 

That would put either one of them into all-timer status. 

8 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

A thousand times, Yes.

Assuming they both win this year (a safe assumption the last two years) then we are talking about a chance to be among the all-time greats with four titles. And for Starocci five titles is still in the conversation, though he has cast some doubt on that himself. Like RBY cast doubt he would come back for a third title shot this year.

But even if they don't win this year we are still only talking about taking their fifth year.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Coming back?

You think Brooks wouldn't use his last year of eligibility to be a 4-timer, assuming he wins this year? 

You think Starocci wouldn't want to be a 4-timer, either? 

That would put either one of them into all-timer status. 

There was rumors about Starocci not coming back. Could be an NiL grab

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Pinto is a solid young wrestler but will need to make a fairly big leap in the off season to be considered a title contender in my opinion. It is going to be a battle for him to make the podium this year with top 5 pretty likely to AA in Brooks, Hidlay, Keck, Coleman & Romero. That leaves 3 remaining AA spots for Bolen, Munoz, Loew, Salazar, Assad, Finesilver, Pinto, Kane, Wittlake, etc.. I think Lenny will be on the outside looking in this year. 

16 minutes ago, Gus said:

Pinto is a solid young wrestler but will need to make a fairly big leap in the off season to be considered a title contender in my opinion. It is going to be a battle for him to make the podium this year with top 5 pretty likely to AA in Brooks, Hidlay, Keck, Coleman & Romero. That leaves 3 remaining AA spots for Bolen, Munoz, Loew, Salazar, Assad, Finesilver, Pinto, Kane, Wittlake, etc.. I think Lenny will be on the outside looking in this year. 

I don't see him being able to beat any of the top 3. Every time out he gets better and better. Out scores nearly everyone in the first and 2nd period. He just needs to finish matches. Assad is an interesting match up Friday