Burwick

MNRodent

9 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

going public like this when UW has no control over his eligibility isn't the best look

Even if Wisconsin is already supporting Kyle's transfer to Nebraska without loss of eligibility, it is not a bad look if Kyle's intention is to raise awareness of student athletes to eliminate similar circumstances and suffering.

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Even if Wisconsin is already supporting Kyle's transfer to Nebraska without loss of eligibility, it is not a bad look if Kyle's intention is to raise awareness of student athletes to eliminate similar circumstances and suffering.

It probably would be a different outcome if it wasn't a B1G to B1G transfer.

Also Lamont is a one year guy. Coaching staff probably wanted someone with a winning record. Let Burwick compete for the spot, but based on results probably not be the guy. He would have 2 more years of eligibility left to wrestle for the Badgers.

Kyle could have full eligibility if he stayed he choose to leave without following the deadlines. I feel bad for him, but if he was thinking of transferring after NCAAs then he should have notified coaches and entered the portal. Just because you enter the portal doesn't mean you leave for sure. Seems like a lot of bad reactionary decisions made by Burwick.  

6 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

https://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D123.pdf

Section 13.1.1.3.1 is the section we're talking about here. (Page 93 in the PDF, Page 80 in the paper copy) Once you read it, you may have a different perspective on things.

So appears the May 1 date folks were talking about above is not accurate?

Am assuming the written notification goes to the AD office and nothing above suggests the education module was completed.  Also, do we know WI has the required "written policies?"

6 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

https://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D123.pdf

Section 13.1.1.3.1 is the section we're talking about here. (Page 93 in the PDF, Page 80 in the paper copy) Once you read it, you may have a different perspective on things.

Thanks for sharing.

How do you read the next subsection 13.1.1.3.1.1?  It doesn’t take effect until next year, but looks like it would cover this situation, no?

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

So appears the May 1 date folks were talking about above is not accurate?

Am assuming the written notification goes to the AD office and nothing above suggests the education module was completed.  Also, do we know WI has the required "written policies?"

There’s also the fact that it doesn’t apply to 2022-23 transfers.

4 hours ago, RYou said:

Only an AD can approve a release.  Coaches give input, which the AD usually follows.

It still shows future student-athletes that your coach will recruit over you and will not respect you enough to fight for you.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

It still shows future student-athletes that your coach will recruit over you and will not respect you enough to fight for you.

I disagree...this isn't on the coach but rather the current state of affairs of college sports and the transfer portal.  I would be more worried if a coach didn't take transfers and would rather stick with a kid that has a losing career record in college.

Just now, Bigbrog said:

I disagree...this isn't on the coach but rather the current state of affairs of college sports and the transfer portal.  I would be more worried if a coach didn't take transfers and would rather stick with a kid that has a losing career record in college.

That is your perspective.  That isn't Bono's because he has stayed mum on the issue.  Burwick is projecting what I said, that is what I mean.

Bono, even if he has no control or sway over it, should come out and say exactly what you said:  'Me and my staff have zero control over what determinations the Wisconsin athletic department, Nebraska athletic department, and the NCAA decides.  We wish Burwick the best in all things wrestling and life...' ...yada yada.  Instead he doesn't refute any of what Burwick says and it doesn't paint him in a pretty picture for it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That is your perspective.  That isn't Bono's because he has stayed mum on the issue.  Burwick is projecting what I said, that is what I mean.

Bono, even if he has no control or sway over it, should come out and say exactly what you said:  'Me and my staff have zero control over what determinations the Wisconsin athletic department, Nebraska athletic department, and the NCAA decides.  We wish Burwick the best in all things wrestling and life...' ...yada yada.  Instead he doesn't refute any of what Burwick says and it doesn't paint him in a pretty picture for it.

Have you ever had a boss?

• Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.