Iowa v PSU - Jan. 27, 2023

Wrestleknownothing

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Haines as of now I have as a low AA. But by end of the year he might be a mid AA. We will see how he develops through the big 10 schedule. 

Yeah, I wasn't really serious. I was just curious how reactionary you were gonna be on your PSU predictions...which are always trollishly dire. 

There's no reason Haines can't compete for a NC this year. I wouldn't bet he wins it, but I wouldn't be shocked. 

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah, I wasn't really serious. I was just curious how reactionary you were gonna be on your PSU predictions...which are always trollishly dire. 

There's no reason Haines can't compete for a NC this year. I wouldn't bet he wins it, but I wouldn't be shocked. 

157 is a pretty deep weight. Haines has some real skill but he’s a freshman. I will be happy if he makes AA this year. 

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Sad that Parsons and Spencer Lee were once buddies and Parsons is gonna make like $100mm more than Lee

Is Parsons gonna retire when he's 26?

Parsons is gonna to absolutely DESTROY the market for Off-Ball backers(namely because he's not really an off-ball backer).

Parsons is a year away from a 5/150M type extension...and that's just his first one. 

Is it sad? Eh...IDK. Can we get Wrestling big enough to get a 110B dollar TV deal over 11 years, plus another 3B dollar a year deal just for the rights to show when someone's about to score?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

157 is a pretty deep weight. Haines has some real skill but he’s a freshman. I will be happy if he makes AA this year. 

It's also probably the most wide open.

Peyton Robb? He's tough...but I'll take Haines over him with his length.

I'll take Facundo in the rematch right here.

Parsons straight up said he quit wrestling because he was sick of cutting weight as a big guy.  

I’m fairly certain an athlete of his caliber is going to be able to walk onto the mat against just about any high schooler and crush them.

Some coaches can’t get out of their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I have not seen Kennedy hunt for the underhook so much before. What does he see there?

IDK...the best way to control a tie on your feet?

I'm a little surprised that Facundo has let him get it SO deep so much of the match. I'd hit a stall here when he keeps backing off like that. Though the firsts aren't exactly going up real quick tonight(which is fine). 

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

I’m fairly certain an athlete of his caliber is going to be able to walk onto the mat against just about any high schooler and crush them.

Some coaches can’t get out of their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be shocked if any coach told him they didn't want him out at 195 or 220. 

I took it more as a business decision. "Football was my passion."

The weight thing seemed less of an impact. He'd still barely have to cut to make 220 right now, much less when he came to PSU.

• Fire 1

OT.  Facundo fires but nothing.  Kennedy now in.  Has leg.  Crotch lock.  Stalemate.  

K fires.  Miss. Facundo lowers.  Kennedy has cradle but can’t get to hip!  Breaks hands.  Stalemate!  That was fun right there.

Ride outs - Kennedy out in 4 seconds.  

F goes neutral!!  Smart.  10 sec.  Fires.  Nope.  Kennedy wins.

Edited by Dark Energy

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

I'd be shocked if any coach told him they didn't want him out at 195 or 220. 

I took it more as a business decision. "Football was my passion."

The weight thing seemed less of an impact. He'd still barely have to cut to make 220 right now, much less when he came to PSU.

He said he quit because he was sick of cutting weight.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.