Nebraska vs Minnesota

parchypyle

just a question

in the pinto match, pinto has salazar around the waist, salazar is on his butt and pinto is kind of laying on him.

I initially thought it was two, then saw that salazar had our hand and realized we probably weren't going to get two.

The coaches challenged. and did not get two. 

I could see it called either way.. 

discuss

on this same note.. if that wasn't control... how was the 2 and 2 given later when pinto granby'd control? on replays salazar completely lets go as pinto touches the mat and so no control. should have just been 2 takedown for pinto in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

just a question

in the pinto match, pinto has salazar around the waist, salazar is on his butt and pinto is kind of laying on him.

I initially thought it was two, then saw that salazar had our hand and realized we probably weren't going to get two.

discuss

on this same note.. if that wasn't control... how was the 2 and 2 given later when pinto granby'd control? on replays salazar completely lets go as pinto touches the mat and so no control. should have just been 2 takedown for pinto in my opinion.

I agree. Not really sure how it was rewarded 2 and 2. If it was just rewarded a 2 pinto probably wins the match

Just now, poorwrestler said:

I am glad I did not have to ref that match. A lot of exchanges that were very close. Fortunately for fans, I imagine we’ll get to watch these two wrestle many more times in their college careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinto is extremely fun to watch.  He brings it. He does gas out a little, hopefully they can fix that

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

just a question

discuss

On the 2 & 2 when pinto granby'd out all that is required is for him to be returned down to the mat because Salazar had control in the rear standing position. Very similar to Max Dean vs Ethan Laird earlier in the year. It is a dumb rule that I hope they look into changing in the offseason. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What was Eggum trying to challenge in the Robb/Lee match?  

Was it the leave your feet on the cutback thing?  If so, at 31:40 it looks like he does.  Odd that they didn't allow the challege.

I didn't see a brick there but could be locked hands as Mn was standing up. Although not sure Eggum's hand signal was for that.

I still cannot believe Pinto went neutral up 4-2 entering 3rd.  I get it.  Salazar is good on top, but you have to be able to simply not get turned to lose a match if you are going to get where you want to get.  Nebraska does some stupid things strategically from time to time.  This was a key one for big 10 and national seeding.  Pinto has to be much smarter also.  Gas tank and mind are only things holding him back thus far.  

• Fire 2

53 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

I still cannot believe Pinto went neutral up 4-2 entering 3rd.  I get it.  Salazar is good on top, but you have to be able to simply not get turned to lose a match if you are going to get where you want to get.  Nebraska does some stupid things strategically from time to time.  This was a key one for big 10 and national seeding.  Pinto has to be much smarter also.  Gas tank and mind are only things holding him back thus far.  

Seems like it would also be a case of “do it in the regular season to help you decide if you should do it in the postseason”

• Fire 1