PSU vs Wisconsin PBP thread

Jimmy Cinnabon

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gomez was most impressive so far.  Incredible defense and scrambling.  He's gonna win it all this year.

People really think he's got a shot to beat Yianni again?

That's a TALL order. That TD and NF totally changed the direction of the match. I still think Yianni's in that Starocci, Brooks, Lee group. Ahead of O'toole, RBY or anyone else as the favorites. 

I'll be pulling for Gomez, but...I don't know, it's asking a LOT.

I was impressed with a bunch of guys last night. Barnett at 125 even against overmatched Steen. Bravo Young did what he always does. I liked both guys at 149. Gomez seems more in control and wrestles great positionally. The inside trip in the first period was terrific. I like Van Ness too. That guy never gave up and came close on a double twice in period two. Gomez gave that double up to Daton Fix at the Scuffle a few years ago so maybe Sanderson sees something there. 

Haines is going to be trouble. He is already tough on top. Loves getting that Turk instantly and he used it to get to a bow and arrow and I love the way he was trying to finish that by planting Model's foot on the mat but that got stopped. Most impressed with how he converted his last TD. Model had his head buried and I didn't think he could bring that in but he did. He must be a lot stronger than he looks.

Hamiti transitions so smoothly. I think he is going to come on and improve into the post season this year. 

Everyone at 174 and up at PSU. Sheesh. So many hammers. 

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

I was impressed with a bunch of guys last night. Barnett at 125 even against overmatched Steen. Bravo Young did what he always does. I liked both guys at 149. Gomez seems more in control and wrestles great positionally. The inside trip in the first period was terrific. I like Van Ness too. That guy never gave up and came close on a double twice in period two. Gomez gave that double up to Daton Fix at the Scuffle a few years ago so maybe Sanderson sees something there. 

Haines is going to be trouble. He is already tough on top. Loves getting that Turk instantly and he used it to get to a bow and arrow and I love the way he was trying to finish that by planting Model's foot on the mat but that got stopped. Most impressed with how he converted his last TD. Model had his head buried and I didn't think he could bring that in but he did. He must be a lot stronger than he looks.

Hamiti transitions so smoothly. I think he is going to come on and improve into the post season this year. 

Everyone at 174 and up at PSU. Sheesh. So many hammers. 

At one point in Haines match he takes Model down and begins to work on getting a leg turk in and the ref started counting (like a 5 count to call him for stalling). I thought that was strange as he was actively working for a pinning combo. Guys can sit on an ankle in a Blair ride doing nothing for a full period but we start counting for stall when a guy is actually trying to secure a pinning combo?? 

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Gus said:

At one point in Haines match he takes Model down and begins to work on getting a leg turk in and the ref started counting (like a 5 count to call him for stalling). I thought that was strange as he was actively working for a pinning combo. Guys can sit on an ankle in a Blair ride doing nothing for a full period but we start counting for stall when a guy is actually trying to secure a pinning combo?? 

Too many refs must read this board.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, Gus said:

That was puzzling. Go re watch that match and consider how little effort Model put in after his one takedown compared to how active Haines was. Big difference, but sometimes refs see what they want to see.

• Fire 1