We have a few fellow posters in the path of Helene. Wrestlingrasta is one. Could be a Cat 4 or5. Everyone be safe.

Paul158

11:00 update came in and not much change.  Looking more and more like Sarasota county for landfall, around 130-135 mph.  Winds and rain picking up here and tornadoes have been breaking out in surrounding areas.  I'm guessing I'll lose power before the next 5:00 (big) update

• Bob 1

36 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

@WrestlingRasta what is the evacuation order for your location?

Looks like it is going to enter at high tide. You will have the surge with the high tide plus massive waves, along with 125 mph winds. There will be massive destruction to homes and businesses.

6 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Looks like it is going to enter at high tide. You will have the surge with the high tide plus massive waves, along with 125 mph winds. There will be massive destruction to homes and businesses.

And the highest surge runs from ahead of, and south of the eye.  The barriers he displayed, if I’m not mistaken, are designed to withstand wind, not water.  

I’m in an evacuation zone but I’m abnormally high for my neighborhood in elevation.  The barriers are in fact for wind, not water.  My neighborhood is an evacuation zone because of the southeast corner of the neighborhood which lies low and gets flooded all the time.  I’ve never had water get near my structure.  

• Bob 2

Lost power about 45 minutes ago. Landfall shortly before at Siesta Key, about a half hour or so north.  Storm sped up (traveling speed) considerably on approach. Made landfall about three hours early. Damage, and surge throughout tonight, should not be near as bad as expected. Which means it should be safe to try to go to sleep 😊 🙏🏼

Just gonna be a really dark, really loud night. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Lost power about 45 minutes ago. Landfall shortly before at Siesta Key, about a half hour or so north.  Storm sped up (traveling speed) considerably on approach. Made landfall about three hours early. Damage, and surge throughout tonight, should not be near as bad as expected. Which means it should be safe to try to go to sleep 😊 🙏🏼

Just gonna be a really dark, really loud night. 

Well, that is some good news. Maybe there will not be as much flooding and damage as they predicted.

• Wrestle 1

To illustrate what I was saying about being in a really good spot, this is the most water encroachment I’ve ever had on this property (you can see the line it got to overnight).    All good here.  Have to replace a fence again but house is in good shape.  Going to be without power for a while but I’m well stocked.  

On to the next one….IMG_4152.thumb.jpeg.262cdebdee743f2c6a173a268f20393d.jpeg

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

48 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To illustrate what I was saying about being in a really good spot, this is the most water encroachment I’ve ever had on this property (you can see the line it got to overnight).    All good here.  Have to replace a fence again but house is in good shape.  Going to be without power for a while but I’m well stocked.  

On to the next one….IMG_4152.thumb.jpeg.262cdebdee743f2c6a173a268f20393d.jpeg

Thats good news. I'm glad you are ok and sustained little damage. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Glad you are ok WR.   Looks like it was not as bad as advertised .   Looking at the pic it doesn't look like devastation which is good.  Again, glad you are ok. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 1