2nd assassination attempt on President Donald Trump. Suspect is now in custody. Maybe Kamala will win by default when they finally are succesful

Paul158

10 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Calling for even bigger and cat 4 now with the latest runs, but still tracking enough west should just still be a good TS for me.  People in the panhandle to the bend are going to need some prayers, they're saying possibly up to 18 feet storm surge.  

Central pressure is dropping quickly and I'm seeing Cat 5 predictions on some of the weather boards.
20'+ for storm surge is the new go to number.

This is going to suck.
Best of luck.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

When all you have is a hammer, everything seems like a nail it’s politically motivated

Interesting.    So why is SS not being very forthcoming with their meltdown on the first assassination attempt?  Why has no one been fired?  If they have nothing to hide then they are not acting like it.   AFter the fact, everyone could see this was a major problem that the SS still has not owned up to.   But that doesn't seem funny at all eh?

I hope the SS is not implicated here.  They need to be the paragon of virtue in these matters.  They are doing nothing to instill that faith in anyone.

mspart

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Interesting.    So why is SS not being very forthcoming with their meltdown on the first assassination attempt?  Why has no one been fired?  If they have nothing to hide then they are not acting like it.   AFter the fact, everyone could see this was a major problem that the SS still has not owned up to.   But that doesn't seem funny at all eh?

I hope the SS is not implicated here.  They need to be the paragon of virtue in these matters.  They are doing nothing to instill that faith in anyone.

mspart

Those are very different things than what I commented on. You too are using a hammer for every problem.

The secret service said they could not protect Trump at an outdoor rally when their resources are being sucked up by the UN meeting, and @Caveira said that seemed political. I think it is the opposite. It is a statement of fact.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

48 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Those are very different things than what I commented on. You too are using a hammer for every problem.

The secret service said they could not protect Trump at an outdoor rally when their resources are being sucked up by the UN meeting, and @Caveira said that seemed political. I think it is the opposite. It is a statement of fact.

It may be a statement of fact.   The rally and UN meeting were scheduled some time ago and SS waited until almost the last minute to advise Trump of this fact they are stretched thin.   That is what the issue is.  But no matter, Trump adjusted. 

mspart

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

It may be a statement of fact.   The rally and UN meeting were scheduled some time ago and SS waited until almost the last minute to advise Trump of this fact they are stretched thin.   That is what the issue is.  But no matter, Trump adjusted. 

mspart

A whole lotta pearl clutching going on here.

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

When all you have is a hammer, everything seems like a nail it’s politically motivated

I’ve made half this joke before.  I’m in sales. I watch how we control narratives.  Messaging.  Timing of telling who what for what reason.   Telling this guy part of the story.   The finagling and schmoozing.    The sometimes lack of morals in favor of revenue. ….. or promotion.   If there is an ounce of political motivation by the leaders of these 3 letter agencies it’s not a stretch that this is political.   Especially given the way they handled their last two foul ups.  

it’s a broken record but did those 51 intelligence agents have any political motivation to that doc they signed?   It’s not too big of a stretch that this is political.  We’re stinking a few weeks out from an election where the left who controls these agencies currently …. They think democracy is on the ballot.  Having him maybe miss a campaign speech could be the diff in one of these swing states.  Who knows.  How close to the election did those 51 dudes sign that doc ?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Caveira said:

I’ve made half this joke before.  I’m in sales. I watch how we control narratives.  Messaging.  Timing of telling who what for what reason.   Telling this guy part of the story.   The finagling and schmoozing.    The sometimes lack of morals in favor of revenue. ….. or promotion.   If there is an ounce of political motivation by the leaders of these 3 letter agencies it’s not a stretch that this is political.   Especially given the way they handled their last two foul ups.  

it’s a broken record but did those 51 intelligence agents have any political motivation to that doc they signed?   It’s not too big of a stretch that this is political.  We’re stinking a few weeks out from an election where the left who controls these agencies currently …. They think democracy is on the ballot.  Having him maybe miss a campaign speech could be the diff in one of these swing states.  Who knows.  How close to the election did those 51 dudes sign that doc ?

You are all ignoring that 11 days ago Benjamin Netanyahu announced he would address the UN, thereby creating a massive need for extra security. Maybe Netanyahu is a Democratic operative? Or maybe Hawley is trying to make a non-political demand on Secret Service resources seem like a political decision? Nah, not Josh Hawley. He is so pure of spirit, never mind all the dirt bag stuff he does.

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Maybe Netanyahu is a Democratic operative?

I mean that above board totally not corrupt zelienski was just here campaigning for the blues.   I wouldn’t say he’s an operative but does trump want the war over in the Middle East to continue?   Who does the ss have a duty to protect more?   Former American presidents or netanyahu?    

Just now, mspart said:

Explain the timing then. 

mspart

Also someone answer if the 51 dead horse intel agents had any political motivation in the last election.   Some of them were prosecuted for lying for political gains right?

10 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I mean that above board totally not corrupt zelienski was just here campaigning for the blues.   I wouldn’t say he’s an operative but does trump want the war over in the Middle East to continue?   Who does the ss have a duty to protect more?   Former American presidents or netanyahu?    

It is not a question of who deserses it more. No one deserves to die. Trump could adjust, and he did.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is not a question of who deserses it more. No one deserves to die. Trump could adjust, and he did.

That’s political.   The ss should be protecting American interests first.  Especially just before an election.   

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Caveira said:

That’s political.   The ss should be protecting American interests first.  Especially just before an election.   

No, it is logistical. And it is in America's interest to not have foreign officials visiting the UN get assassinated.

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No, it is logistical. And it is in America's interest to not have foreign officials visiting the UN get assassinated.

Serious question. Why do we waste US resources on any foreign officials? They wouldn’t return the favor. 

51 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Option 1.  Protect the guy we don’t want to win…. Or try to make them postpone the event where they try to tell the American people why they should win.  

option 2 protect a foreign person:::: who option 1 guy wants to end the current conflict with….. so we can keep our current military industrial conflict.   

only idiots would ask if this is political or not.  

It may not be political.  But do you trust the media or the administration.  Or kjp.    Or anyone else to tell us the truth.  ??

9 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Option 1.  Protect the guy we don’t want to win…. Or try to make them postpone the event where they try to tell the American people why they should win.  

option 2 protect a foreign person:::: who option 1 guy wants to end the current conflict with….. so we can keep our current military industrial conflict.   

only idiots would ask if this is political or not.  

It may not be political.  But do you trust the media or the administration.  Or kjp.    Or anyone else to tell us the truth.  ??

Occam's Razor.

1. A highly controversial world leader decides to address the UN.
  2. The US does not want to be embarrassed by having a world leader assassinated on US soil.
  3. The secret service has limited resources.
  4.  Trump rallies can happen anywhere.

I know you are willing to bend over backward, side ways and any other direction to make this a political decision, but it just is not.

50 minutes ago, wrestlingguy said:

Serious question. Why do we waste US resources on any foreign officials? They wouldn’t return the favor. 

The US takes great pride in being the world's police. We even use dollar hegemony to impose our laws on the world. It would be intolerable to have a foreign leader assassinated on US soil.

14 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Occam's Razor.

1. A highly controversial world leader decides to address the UN.
  2. The US does not want to be embarrassed by having a world leader assassinated on US soil.
  3. The secret service has limited resources.
  4.  Trump rallies can happen anywhere.

I know you are willing to bend over backward, side ways and any other direction to make this a political decision, but it just is not.

Maybe you’re right.   Maybe it’s incompetence.  I dunno.  This cnn article is pretty fascinating.  Given it comes from a news source I don’t often read is fascinating too.  

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/09/25/politics/secret-service-morale-challenges

some quotes:

**** while protecting Biden at some recent event ****
One of those agents, who requested anonymity to speak freely, told CNN that the two-person team in charge of the summit location had a combined four years of field experience, translating on the ground to poor communication and a mishandling of resources. When the agents arrived, there was no pre-event briefing, there was no plan, there were no directions to where the agent was supposed to stand. And there was minimal communication until it was over.

The San Francisco episode highlights how the agency is wracked with low morale, burnout, staffing and retention issues, all of which, sources inside and outside the organization told CNN, are exacerbated by poor management at the top and mid-levels.

US Secret Service ranks 413 out of 459 government agencies and subcomponents on the list of Best Places to Work in the Federal Government….