Most Outstanding Wrestler in Paris

I give the nod to Akari Fujinami…she was miles above the field and it wasn’t even close.  

Honorable mentions go to Razambek Zhamalov and Mijain Lopez.

If I could name an OW per discipline, those would be the three. 

Petriashvili gets my vote.  Dude hit peak lifetime form and outgunned an absolutely stacked weight class in terms of medals and accomplishments.  

Close second for me is Jamalov, cross body far side cradle for the pin in the olympics is the coolest thing since adam saitiev decked yomero with an inside trip in the finals.  Third would be that young buck in greco at 86kg who won gold while actually scoring points and creating exchanges in greco. 

Edited by wrestle87

9 hours ago, Zahnarzt said:

I give the nod to Akari Fujinami…she was miles above the field and it wasn’t even close.  

Honorable mentions go to Razambek Zhamalov and Mijain Lopez.

If I could name an OW per discipline, those would be the three. 

I cannot give it to Zhamalov - I think he is an amazing wrestler and love watching his matches but he should not have even been in the finals.  What they did to the Albanian/Russian in the QFs was a disgrace and I still can't believe they got away with that.  Kyooke gets my vote for Mens FS although I could also see Tad as the OW

Day 1 Amouzad (literally made Zain and musuakev look like they were nowhere near his level I dont think he can function on 2 day weigh ins at 65kg any longer he needs to go up)

Zhamolov (the quarterfinal fiasco was terrible I sort of throw out the valiev match though just because they are both elite and have been wrestling each other often for a decade so that match was always going to be weird but he just absolutely dismantled Kadi and Takatani as well as beat salk rather comfortably a guy who had previously had his number)

Mijan (no reason in my mind he could not win 6 people just cannot move him or handle his par tear)

Azarpira (if he gets a gas tank I dont think anyone is beating him hes only 22)

Kiyooka (best leg attacks to a lace out of anyone in the tournament regardless of weight)

Ramazonov (not because I think he was even the best guy at his weight or even the second-best guy but this man really had no business medaling here his best result in a big tournament prior was silver at 79kg at the euros in 2020 and he did the damn thing regardless of yaz's health or brooks mental lapse he took advantage of the opportunity)

• Brain 1

Lopez would be a legacy award.  Strip away the history and he is no where close to the list of outstanding wrestler candidates for that tournament.  

Zhamolov absolutely should have been in the finals, it was absolutely the right call. Valiev was warned, then dinged, and he still continued to avoid wrestling.  There is no where in the rules that says if you get dinged once you get a free 30 seconds, and there is nothing in the rule that says that call cannot be made in the last five seconds.  It is very similar to the Mongolian situation in Rio….which, too, was the right call. 

Per style my vote would be Esmaeili, Elor, and Zhamalov.