Olympic Boxing Controversy

I’m surprised this is not getting more press. There are two boxers in the female division that failed gender tests in 2023 and were disqualified from the world championships by the International Boxing Association (IBA).

But they do meet IOC criteria. The IOC essentially banned the IBA from making a decision like this for the Olympics.

“Last year the IOC banished the IBA and developed an ad-hoc unit that ran the Olympic boxing tournament at the Tokyo Games in 2021 and is doing the same here.

The IOC did not detail the criteria met by Khelif and Yu-Ting to compete here and in Tokyo, but did say the boxers’ passports state they are women.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/08/01/olympic-boxer-imane-khelif-gender-eligibility-issue/74628914007/

An Italian boxer had to withdraw from a match against the Algerian, one of the two boxers, I guess because she realized she was in real trouble if she continued.

What the hell is going on that the powers that be let this happen? Allowing men in the ring with women is going to result in someone getting killed. This has gone way too far.

Soon we’ll see a biological man competing in female wrestling.

Edited by BuckyBadger

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

She's not trans. She's not even a dominant boxer. She didn't even medal in 2020. Her best finish is silver. People have lost their minds.

She likely has a chromosome disorder that gives her high testosterone.

Then why would the Italian suddenly decide mid bout to throw in the towel. Clearly she felt the strength of the punches was not normal. Isn’t that the whole reason they do a gender test?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, BuckyBadger said:

Then why would the Italian suddenly decide mid bout to throw in the towel. Clearly she felt the strength of the punches was not normal. Isn’t that the whole reason they do a gender test?

Pretty much all athletes in the Olympics are “not normal.”  Doesn’t mean they’re not actually the sex they say they are.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Clown 1

Just now, BuckyBadger said:

There you go, just throw out insults to anyone that disagrees with you.

But you are literally doing the exact same thing as that guy. That is, literally, what you look like. If you think it's insulting, that should tell you you're wrong.

Just now, BuckyBadger said:

And if the testosterone levels were off the charts would you be ok with that?

As long as she wasn't taking PEDs to raise it, yes. The sports are not divided by testosterone level (that would *actually* allow some men to compete in women's). It's based off the body you were born with.

The trans athlete issue has muddled this entire thing. Nobody would blink an eye at this 20 years ago because we all intuitively understand what a woman is. A woman born as a woman who lived her whole life as a woman is a woman.

Biological advantage is the entire basis of athletic competition. Being a woman with high testosterone is the same type of advantage as being a basketball player who is 7'0. It's rare and allows you to excel.

• Bob 2

26 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

She's not trans. She's not even a dominant boxer. She didn't even medal in 2020. Her best finish is silver. People have lost their minds.

She likely has a chromosome disorder that gives her high testosterone.

This is the most likely scenario.

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

And if the testosterone levels were off the charts would you be ok with that?

If there were defined levels set by the governing body that she exceeded, then yes I would be OK with excluding her. 

That doesn’t make her a man though.

I do see the organization that DQ’d her from worlds is now saying it was not a testosterone test, but they aren’t saying what kind of test it actually was.  I’ve read several accusations of corruption from that organization which is probably worth mentioning though.

• Clown 1

16 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

As long as she wasn't taking PEDs to raise it, yes. The sports are not divided by testosterone level (that would *actually* allow some men to compete in women's). It's based off the body you were born with.

The trans athlete issue has muddled this entire thing. Nobody would blink an eye at this 20 years ago because we all intuitively understand what a woman is. A woman born as a woman who lived her whole life as a woman is a woman.

Biological advantage is the entire basis of athletic competition. Being a woman with high testosterone is the same type of advantage as being a basketball player who is 7'0. It's rare and allows you to excel.

Is it possible she’s on PED’s?  Seems like she’s made pretty sizeable improvements over the years 

• Clown 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Is it possible she’s on PED’s?  Seems like she’s made pretty sizeable improvements over the years 

That's always possible and that's why they test, but she hasn't popped for those.

The reality is, if she were truly a "man", she would have been dominant for a long time. Put her against a man right now, and you'll see that she's not.

• Bob 1

In the case that this is a biological woman who happens to have abnormally high levels of testosterone, I would say it is different than a Leah Thomas situation. It’s an area of gray area as far as I’m concerned. 

But there are two things that don’t really make sense in this case.

1. A testosterone test is not a test of gender and the IBA said they both failed gender tests. 

2. The way the Italian forfeited mid bout is very weird. To me that would suggest she sensed something abnormally dangerous. It’s possible she is just using it as an excuse to quit. But if not, it doesn’t make sense.

Interested to hear how you would explain these two @uncle bernard@1032004 

2 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

In the case that this is a biological woman who happens to have abnormally high levels of testosterone, I would say it is different than a Leah Thomas situation. It’s an area of gray area as far as I’m concerned. 

1. A testosterone test is not a test of gender and the IBA said they both failed gender tests. 

2. The way the Italian forfeited mid bout is very weird. To me that would suggest she sensed something abnormally dangerous. It’s possible she is just using it as an excuse to quit. But if not, it doesn’t make sense.

The IBA has not been transparent, which is part of the problem. It's a notoriously corrupt organization. She's been competing for years. It was only after beating a Russian opponent (the head of the IBA is Russian) that a claim was made she failed gender testing.

She's only knocked out 11% of her opponents. She doesn't have crazy power. 

My guess, is the Italian boxer psyched herself out after buying into all the false outrage and took the first chance to quit. If you watch, she didn't even get hit that hard.

Here's her losing

23 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

If your going to be distrustful of the IBA because of corruption, then you have to be equally suspicious of the IOC, which has their own history of very shady behavior.

Sure, but at least the IOC is being transparent about her meeting their guidelines. 

Btw, seeing a pattern here:

Glad to see more of you revealing yourself as trash humans. The boxer is a woman and has always been a woman. Can the mods explain why this topic is allowed to stay open? What does it have to do with international wrestling?

• Poopy 1

1 hour ago, BuckyBadger said:

1.  “The IBA” has not said what test they failed, just that it wasn’t a testosterone test.    It was just one individual making the claim that they had XY chromosomes.

2.  No idea.   She didn’t seem particularly impacted by the punch when it happened