Teemer to Iowa?

I read the thread on HR. Main other additional detail is talking about how supposedly ASU has reported Iowa and that Pritts and Brands “got into it“. Doesn’t seem like many of them listened to Tom Ryan’s interview where he said it was perfectly legal for people to offer money to guys to enter the portal as long as they are not part of the team’s staff. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I read the thread on HR. Main other additional detail is talking about how supposedly ASU has reported Iowa and that Pritts and Brands “got into it“. Doesn’t seem like many of them listened to Tom Ryan’s interview where he said it was perfectly legal for people to offer money to guys to enter the portal as long as they are not part of the team’s staff. 

They can't even do that in professional sports - it's called tampering and teams have gotten fined a lot of money and draft picks for it. For every team thinking this is fine (Iowa in this case I am sure), remember that it always comes back on. you.  "Ben Keuter.... Cael Sanderson on line 1." 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

22 minutes ago, Idaho said:

They can't even do that in professional sports - it's called tampering and teams have gotten fined a lot of money and draft picks for it. For every team thinking this is fine (Iowa in this case I am sure), remember that it always comes back on. you.  "Ben Keuter.... Cael Sanderson on line 1." 

My understanding is they can’t get in trouble as long as their staff stays out of it.  

But to your second point, yeah I’m sure something like that (just not Cael himself) could and probably already does happen.   Kerk being one example who may have been influenced by others to transfer to PSU.

• Bob 1

Just now, 1032004 said:

My understanding is they can’t get in trouble as long as their staff stays out of it.  

But to your second point, yeah I’m sure something like that (just not Cael himself) could and probably already does happen.   Kerk being one example who may have been influenced by others to transfer to PSU.

Yep, the whole 3rd party thing directed by coaches, but not technically making the contact. In no pro sport does this happen without penalty - tampering.  I agree - kids are getting calls all the time from  a "3rd party". 

29 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Oh yeah the other comment from HR is that they seem to think if they get a transfer that is not currently in the portal they think they can get a waiver.

Anyone else notice that it is now called Hawkeye Beacon? An improvement over Go Iowa Awesome.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yep, the whole 3rd party thing directed by coaches, but not technically making the contact. In no pro sport does this happen without penalty - tampering.  I agree - kids are getting calls all the time from  a "3rd party". 

Are you being serious here?  You don't think professional sports agents are in contact with teams their clients don't play for?  Most agencies represent players on dozens of teams and they can have legitimate talks with any team in the league with total deniability.  In every pro sport guys will sign contracts in literally the first minute of free agency.  Is it your opinion those contracts just happen with super fast negotiations?

15 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Are you being serious here?  You don't think professional sports agents are in contact with teams their clients don't play for?  Most agencies represent players on dozens of teams and they can have legitimate talks with any team in the league with total deniability.  In every pro sport guys will sign contracts in literally the first minute of free agency.  Is it your opinion those contracts just happen with super fast negotiations?

At least in the NFL since 2012 the league opened up a small window prior to the official start of Free Agency.  Only the player's agent is allowed to talk with other teams.  Was solely done to prevent backdoor deals and is why you see players sign official contracts within seconds of the free agency period.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

At least in the NFL since 2012 the league opened up a small window prior to the official start of Free Agency.  Only the player's agent is allowed to talk with other teams.  Was solely done to prevent backdoor deals and is why you see players sign official contracts within seconds of the free agency period.

Then I guess no team has ever had unofficial contact since 2021.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I'm sure @Husker_Du or @Jason Bryant know best on the situation but I thought Kerks move to PSU had everything to do with Kyle Snyder.  If Snyder stayed in Columbus so would have Kerk

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm sure @Husker_Du or @Jason Bryant know best on the situation but I thought Kerks move to PSU had everything to do with Kyle Snyder.  If Snyder stayed in Columbus so would have Kerk

Yes that is what’s been said but I believe there was also a world team prior to that happening where he was on the team with some PSU guys that could have also encouraged it

On 7/13/2024 at 2:45 PM, boconnell said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-docks-two-draft-picks-from-76-ers-for-free-agency-tampering-violations-200429652-200429233.html#:~:text=The NBA has docked the,of free agency last offseason.

Edited by Idaho