Stupid Things THAT ARE WRESTLING RELATED

ILLINIWrestlingBlog

It seems that a lot of threads veer off course around here, so a thread dealing with stupid things THAT ARE WRESTLING RELATED might be appropriate. All of you folks are already at the very top of my enemies list, so I thought that before getting on my last nerve, we should try this. It could be fun, or it could be stupid. We'll see. I'll start. 

I was on Andre's Wrestlestat.com site a short time ago, looking up Spencer Lee's, IMAR's, Aaron Brooks' and Carter Starocci's number of losses when I got to thinking thinking: If Wrestlestat continues its service for the next ten years, should Andre be inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame?

I think, First Ballot. 

Then, I saw the google advertisement below. I still think Andre would be first ballot, but, my dude, I'm a little creeped out. 

WRESTLESTAT.jpg

• Haha 2

The second post in the stupid things THAT ARE WRESTLING RELATED involves that trip to wrestlestat.com. I wanted to see who the Final Bosses are. IMAR was the very definition of a Final Boss. If you beat him, you won everything. If he beat you, you would have to start all over again. Brooks and Starocci have only three and two losses each, respectively, so will they end up as Final Bosses? 

Spencer Lee has five losses, but there were extenuating circumstances. Most importantly, in the NCAA tournament, he has been a final boss. 

In looking at Starocci's upcoming matches, he has a bit of cakewalk: Fish, fish, fish, fish, Ethan Smith, Donnell Washington, fish, fish, fish. Should we be on "Final Boss Watch" for his matches with Smith and Washington? 

WRESTLESTAT2.jpg

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

It seems that a lot of threads veer off course around here, so a thread dealing with stupid things THAT ARE WRESTLING RELATED might be appropriate. All of you folks are already at the very top of my enemies list, so I thought that before getting on my last nerve, we should try this. It could be fun, or it could be stupid. We'll see. I'll start. 

I was on Andre's Wrestlestat.com site a short time ago, looking up Spencer Lee's, IMAR's, Aaron Brooks' and Carter Starocci's number of losses when I got to thinking thinking: If Wrestlestat continues its service for the next ten years, should Andre be inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame?

I think, First Ballot. 

Then, I saw the google advertisement below. I still think Andre would be first ballot, but, my dude, I'm a little creeped out. 

WRESTLESTAT.jpg

Well, the google ad is geared towards your browsing history and ad tracking, not WrestleStats. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 4

Insert catchy tagline here. 

Dovetailing off of JB's point,  I was reading the Panther Nation forums a while back and who I assume to be an "elder poster" by the context of his posts asked why he kept seeing ads on the forum for (I can't recall now,  but something with a ton of "inappropriate content") and why PN takes money from these advertisers. 

The responses to him could be labeled as,  "awkward. "

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!