Contraception Question

Why are you asking?   Do you think it will get outlawed any time soon?  Millions of women depend on it.   Millions of men also depend on it.  

mspart

Posted (edited)

Even though millions depend on it there are still members of the gop pushing towards banning it because of being pro life.  Trump actually just came out and said he supports restricting rights to contraception 

Edited by braves121
  • Clown 1

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

In what context?   Because I read that he says he will never support that. 

mspart

During an interview with KDKA News, Trump was asked, “Do you support any restrictions on a person’s right to contraception?”

“We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,” Trump responded, according to a video of the interview that was briefly posted online before it was supposed to air, then taken down.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-contraception-birth-control-abortion-2024-8f73bb1b3a5864b24157f15eb272a3e6

OK, that article was updated May 21, 2024.

On May 22, 2024, the following was reported.  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/facing-backlash-trump-walks-back-comments-restricting-contraceptives/story?id=110464898

The former president quickly took to social media to clarify his position, claiming that he was not advocating for restrictions on contraceptives.

"I HAVE NEVER, AND WILL NEVER ADVOCATE IMPOSING RESTRICTIONS ON BIRTH CONTROL, or other contraceptives," he posted on his social media platform.

So now you get to choose what to believe.    

mspart

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mspart said:

OK, that article was updated May 21, 2024.

On May 22, 2024, the following was reported.  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/facing-backlash-trump-walks-back-comments-restricting-contraceptives/story?id=110464898

The former president quickly took to social media to clarify his position, claiming that he was not advocating for restrictions on contraceptives.

"I HAVE NEVER, AND WILL NEVER ADVOCATE IMPOSING RESTRICTIONS ON BIRTH CONTROL, or other contraceptives," he posted on his social media platform.

So now you get to choose what to believe.    

mspart

yea just proves he’s another lying politician and says whatever lol he still said he supports contraceptive restrictions he just went on truth social a few minutes later after his handlers told him too, he still spoke those words. I recall him saying take guns first then due process but says he a 2A guy so you can’t believe anything he says. I’ll believe what comes direct from trumps mouth like he is putting out a policy on restricting contraceptives 

Edited by braves121

Or you can believe what he says on his truth social.   It is up to you.   But it appears you prefer whatever animates you the most.  Good for you.

mspart

• Bob 4

8 minutes ago, braves121 said:

yea just proves he’s another lying ... poster

Who's the lyer?  You just quoted he said   “We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,  so he didn't say what you said he said.

• Bob 2

14 minutes ago, ionel said:

Who's the lyer?  You just quoted he said   “We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,  so he didn't say what you said he said.

that is in direct response to someone asking him a yes or no question regarding supporting restrictions on contraception. If he does not support it why would he not simply reply "no I do not". The fact that he says he has a policy on it coming out is him saying yes i do support restrictions because that's the only possible thing that means

• Brain 1

Just now, braves121 said:

that is in direct response to someone asking him a yes or no question regarding supporting restrictions on contraception. If he does not support it why would he not simply reply "no I do not". The fact that he says he has a policy on it coming out is him saying yes i do support restrictions because that's the only possible thing that means

What exactly did he say that was a lie? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ionel said:

What exactly did he say that was a lie? 

He directly told a reporter he is planning to put out a policy regarding restriction on contraception while putting on truth social he is not planning that

Edited by braves121

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

Or you can believe what he says on his truth social.   It is up to you.   But it appears you prefer whatever animates you the most.  Good for you.

mspart

I'll believe the words that come directly from the mans mouth lol

I am not sure which he is lying about exactly because he has now said 2 different things. He directly told a reporter he is planning to put out a policy regarding restriction on contraception while putting on truth social he is not planning that

Well now you are changing your story.  Earlier you quoted him saying:  “We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,   but now you are saying he is actually putting out a policy regarding restriction.  That's not what you quoted.  Every candidate is looking into policy.  He said he'd have a policy shortly didn't say which way it would go, unless of course you misquoted him.  But we all know Orange Man always lies so ...

• Fire 1

Just now, ionel said:

Well now you are changing your story.  Earlier you quoted him saying:  “We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,   but now you are saying he is actually putting out a policy regarding restriction.  That's not what you quoted.  Every candidate is looking into policy.  He said he'd have a policy shortly didn't say which way it would go, unless of course you misquoted him.  But we all know Orange Man always lies so ...

Ok so a reporter asks trump the most direct yes or no question ever. " do you support restricting contraception?"

Trump does not reply with a no, he says "We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,"

If Trump doesn't want to restrict contraception why wouldn't he use the best opportunity ever and say no when he was asked? His policy during his admin was that its fine and shouldn't be restricted so he is obviously changing in regards to that

Ok so a reporter asks trump the most direct yes or no question ever. " do you support restricting contraception?"

Trump does not reply with a no, he says "We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,"

If Trump doesn't want to restrict contraception why wouldn't he use the best opportunity ever and say no when he was asked? His policy during his admin was that its fine and shouldn't be restricted so he is obviously changing in regards to that

Ok, we've established you are the lier.  Trump didn't lie.  Thanks. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok, we've established you are the lier.  Trump didn't lie.  Thanks. 

Ok so trump telling a reporter one thing and contradicting himself on the same thing 10 minutes later on truth social makes me the liar lol smooth brain activities jesus christ

Edited by braves121
  • Brain 1

In all fairness, and it’s not secret around here my opinion of the guy, but saying “we’re going to look at that and put out a policy” is not at all saying we’re going to ban or restrict contraception. The policy could just as well be no ban/restriction, as it could be for bans/restrictions. But he didn’t say one way or the other, nor lean one way or the other.  Honestly probably one of the better answers he’s ever given in his career as a politician. 

Subtle tip: just stick with what the guy actually says.  He’s going to give you plenty of ammo. You don’t need to reach. 

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

In all fairness, and it’s not secret around here my opinion of the guy, but saying “we’re going to look at that and put out a policy” is not at all saying we’re going to ban or restrict contraception. The policy could just as well be no ban/restriction, as it could be for bans/restrictions. But he didn’t say one way or the other, nor lean one way or the other.  Honestly probably one of the better answers he’s ever given in his career as a politician. 

Subtle tip: just stick with what the guy actually says.  He’s going to give you plenty of ammo. You don’t need to reach. 

valid. Just very odd to me that if he doesn't plan on restrictions why not just say that to the reporter instead of back tracking and making a clear statement anyway on social media

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

image.jpeg.c96ab304da258a55206907356cf75b34.jpeg

What I see here is the mentality of someone who just simply cannot think for himself.

Well he says this guy is bad bad. And I also think he is bad bad. So this guy must be my leader.  And I shall follow his every word. (As if a person can’t think both are worthless pieces of shit) 

The flock is consistent, if not only clueless.  The flock is also very tight in the sphincter. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Subtle tip: just stick with what the guy actually says.  He’s going to give you plenty of ammo. You don’t need to reach

^^^ this ^^^